By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft responds to Wii-owners upset with quality of titles

Psymatiq said:
ahhh the showelware machine, its incredible that ppl whine about bad qual graphs on it when all the proccesing power it got is comparabel to a blender.

haha i like this guy already

Around the Network
merkh66 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
jman8 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
It's fine if they put their main projects on the ps360, but don't put crap on the wii to fund these projects.

well wait, if the games don't sell at all, then how much funding can the PS360 really benefit from their sales? bet you didnt think of that

They sell enough to fund the projects, but you shouldn't blame all wii owners for the 500k people who bought the games like jman did.

Ugh, I wasn't saying all 25+million Wii owners are at fault. I was pointing out that a number of people are buying games from Ubisoft that we consider crap. Because people are buying the games, why should Ubi stop making crap games?

It's that, with the exception of RRR3, those are the ONLY GAMES THEY ARE GIVING THE WII. What the fuck about that is hard to understand?

If they gave the Wii just one or two games that had a lot of work into them (RRR3 likely has just moderate work), a lot of us wouldn't mind.

They dont feel like doing that. They like PS360 more obviously

This guy is a troll for Ubisoft, so I take back all the arguments I made, since he clearly just was trying to do piss poor damage control. Instead, he just made us hate Ubisoft even more.

Some damage control.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
jman8 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
It's fine if they put their main projects on the ps360, but don't put crap on the wii to fund these projects.

well wait, if the games don't sell at all, then how much funding can the PS360 really benefit from their sales? bet you didnt think of that

They sell enough to fund the projects, but you shouldn't blame all wii owners for the 500k people who bought the games like jman did.

Ugh, I wasn't saying all 25+million Wii owners are at fault. I was pointing out that a number of people are buying games from Ubisoft that we consider crap. Because people are buying the games, why should Ubi stop making crap games?

It's that, with the exception of RRR3, those are the ONLY GAMES THEY ARE GIVING THE WII. What the fuck about that is hard to understand?

If they gave the Wii just one or two games that had a lot of work into them (RRR3 likely has just moderate work), a lot of us wouldn't mind.

Then next time they shouldn't say they will make good games.

Boo hoo... It was an empty promise man, get over it. Shit if we nit picked over everyones broken promises... You've never broken a promise? (dont say it doesnt apply to me).

jman8 said:
sc94597 said:
jman8 said:
"It's fine if they put their main projects on the ps360, but don't put crap on the wii to fund these projects." (sc94597)

You're twisting the truth there. It's not like Ubisoft isn't making money off their PS360 offerings and are therefore just mining the Wii for cash to make futile HD projects just to piss Wii owners off. Yeah, their Wii games provided the company profit. But so did their PS3 and 360 games. By your logic, I could also say "Ubisoft is making good games on the PS3 and 360 in order to fund crap projects on the Wii! Stop making shitty Wii games and focus on the PS3!!!!!"
Then why make the crappy games on the wii? If they don't make much money and it hurts there rep I don't see much of an advantage.

I totally agree it is hurting their rep, but people are buying the games and they are making some money.

Not enough to even cover the cost of the shovelware itself.Why do you keep denying this when Ubisoft themselves are saying it.

This defies logic on all grounds.There is a reason why so much hate exists towards them on the Wii. 

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
jman8 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:

Boo hoo... It was an empty promise man, get over it. Shit if we nit picked over everyones broken promises... You've never broken a promise? (dont say it doesnt apply to me).

Then you go find somewhere else to go, because you obviously have a different opinion on the matte.r 

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
BTW, the "companies aren't nice" line is bullshit, because that argument didn't hold water for Nintendo in the NES days, and it doesn't hold water for UIbisoft now.

Games are a business, but ALSO an artistic medium. One developer outright denying their best work, with NO REAL REASON, is bullshit.

And defending that is bullshit, because I don't think you'd respect the HD consoles getting crap games to avoid HD development costs.

Hey, I totally understand why you're upset. If Ubisoft pulled this shit on my PS3, I'd be upset too. But I would look at from Ubisoft's perspective and understand that they did what they thought was best for the company. If it turned out other companies followed Ubisoft's example, I would be pretty pissed I wasted $600. But when you spend money on systems early on in their lives, the risk you take is that the games you want don't show up on your system of choice. When it doesn't work out how you wanted, you either stick with your system or get a different one. I wish my Dreamcast could have lived on longer but lack of third party support (especially the lack of EA sports games) had a hand in defeating that system. I moved on to the PS2 and Gamecube. 

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
jman8 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:

Then you go find somewhere else to go, because you obviously have a different opinion on the matte.r

So this thread is only for people who share the same opinion so they can whine and rant to no avail?

merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
jman8 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:

So this thread is only for people who share the same opinion so they can whine and rant to no avail?

No not at all, but it's obvious that you won't change my opinion and I won't change yours so don't keep trying. 

Bored4life said:
jman8 said:
sc94597 said:
jman8 said:
"It's fine if they put their main projects on the ps360, but don't put crap on the wii to fund these projects." (sc94597)

You're twisting the truth there. It's not like Ubisoft isn't making money off their PS360 offerings and are therefore just mining the Wii for cash to make futile HD projects just to piss Wii owners off. Yeah, their Wii games provided the company profit. But so did their PS3 and 360 games. By your logic, I could also say "Ubisoft is making good games on the PS3 and 360 in order to fund crap projects on the Wii! Stop making shitty Wii games and focus on the PS3!!!!!"
Then why make the crappy games on the wii? If they don't make much money and it hurts there rep I don't see much of an advantage.

I totally agree it is hurting their rep, but people are buying the games and they are making some money.

Not enough to even cover the cost of the shovelware itself.Why do you keep denying this when Ubisoft themselves are saying it.

This defies logic on all grounds.There is a reason why so much hate exists towards them on the Wii.

Personally, I had never heard that Ubisoft had said such things. It would much appreciated if you could provide a link. All I have been hearing is that the Wii shovelware has been funding PS360 games (another fallacy).

99.99% of companies don't do things to intentionally lose money. If they have been losing money on their shovelware, I'm betting they were hoping to make money off those titles, but failed. By simple business logic, with enough failure, Ubi will stop making shitty games. However, if they're not losing all that much money on the games, and are making profit elsewhere, it might be worth it for Ubi to just keep releasing crap in the hope that one of the titles eventually sells really well. It's the low risk, high reward strategy that venture capitalists often employ to great success. Whatever their strategy is, it's about business, not about going around and pissing off Wii owners for their personal amusement. That's defies logic. 

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

jman8 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
BTW, the "companies aren't nice" line is bullshit, because that argument didn't hold water for Nintendo in the NES days, and it doesn't hold water for UIbisoft now.

Games are a business, but ALSO an artistic medium. One developer outright denying their best work, with NO REAL REASON, is bullshit.

And defending that is bullshit, because I don't think you'd respect the HD consoles getting crap games to avoid HD development costs.

Hey, I totally understand why you're upset. If Ubisoft pulled this shit on my PS3, I'd be upset too. But I would look at from Ubisoft's perspective and understand that they did what they thought was best for the company. If it turned out other companies followed Ubisoft's example, I would be pretty pissed I wasted $600. But when you spend money on systems early on in their lives, the risk you take is that the games you want don't show up on your system of choice. When it doesn't work out how you wanted, you either stick with your system or get a different one. I wish my Dreamcast could have lived on longer but lack of third party support (especially the lack of EA sports games) had a hand in defeating that system. I moved on to the PS2 and Gamecube.

The Dreamcast was losing money, and sales slowed when the PS2 came along. And this is not spending on the Wii early in it's life. The system is well along. There has been no real proof big budget games don't sell on the Wii, so Ubisoft pretending it is so is what is really pissing us off.

That's also what merkh isn't acknowledging. It's that Ubisoft is telling lies to justify their position. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs