By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sadness - New screen.

Is this even gonna actually come out? Sadly i think not. It was an awesome concept but it happens.

"Like you know"

Around the Network

^ Im wondering that too, we need more info than one screenshot, hopefully we'll find out more during E3 or TGS.

Did I not just tell you guys the contrary? Your skepticisms are unwarranted. This is the difference in a small developer still hunting for the right publisher and a big developer with publisher support from the start. Nibris is nervous, and rightfully so, that any publisher will assume command of the direction of the game. You guys don't understand inside sales and marketing or publisher relations enough to know why it's actually a good thing they are shopping with such deliberation and conviction for a publisher. They've had several approach them already. They didn't like what any of them offered.

One of you mentioned Too Human but you do realize it's in playable form and has a release date?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
They just announced the licensing of the Gamebryo engine not even 2 months ago. You can't have a working video to display unless you offer up CGI teaser trailers like Motorstorm, Killzone 2, etc... They also don't have the man power and resources to set aside a team to create an alpha preview of working game code.

Stop being so damn skeptical and let the little guys like Nibris work on something special instead of demanding they halt work to appeal to our information consumption lifestyle.

This just proves that it's pretty much pure vapor.  They ANNOUNCED the game well before the Wii's launch and just licensed a graphics engine a couple of months ago?  That's a BAD sign and anyone could see it.  It means the game's engine has barely been started.  Nibris has been working on WHAT exactly for the past two years?  Design docs and concept art?

I can't focus on this game until a steady stream of info is released about it, or else, it'll crush my spirits temporarily like Rygar.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

^isnt rygar supposed to be released this year?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Coglestop said:
Viper1 said:
They just announced the licensing of the Gamebryo engine not even 2 months ago. You can't have a working video to display unless you offer up CGI teaser trailers like Motorstorm, Killzone 2, etc... They also don't have the man power and resources to set aside a team to create an alpha preview of working game code.

Stop being so damn skeptical and let the little guys like Nibris work on something special instead of demanding they halt work to appeal to our information consumption lifestyle.

This just proves that it's pretty much pure vapor.  They ANNOUNCED the game well before the Wii's launch and just licensed a graphics engine a couple of months ago?  That's a BAD sign and anyone could see it.  It means the game's engine has barely been started.  Nibris has been working on WHAT exactly for the past two years?  Design docs and concept art?

You don't know much about game development, do you?  They are a very small team, funding is short (no publisher yet) and you can create certain elements of the game on a PC prior to working with the game engine.  Games also get announced while still in concept form all the time.

SaviorX,  August 1, 2008 = Rygar.   It will also be at E3.

Actually, I know my fair share about game development... Fact of the matter is the whole thing STILL smells like a team who bit off more than they can chew and are living off of early hype.    Yes games are sometimes announced before they are out of concept stage, but here we are two years later and they still haven't shown anything but concept shots(and one shot supposedly 'in-game' although we have to take THEIR word on it).  At the very best, they announced WAY to early, at the very worst they are trying to scam investor money.

Frankly, they should have finished Raid over the River and then moved on to Sadness..  It would have proven that they know their stuff and potentially got them more funding.  I also have my doubts that they have official Wii and DS devkits.

If they can't get an overhead shooter finsihed for the DS, I have my doubts they can pull a stylized gothic horror game off on the Wii.

Obviously they have a Wii kit or there would be no purpose in having a Gamebryo license. Even the CEO of Emergent went public about it. Not something they do for every licensee, you know? Also to note, if they didn't have a Wii Kit yet claimed they did....don't you think Nintendo would ahve said something?

They aren't working on ROTR anymore anyway. They've outsourced development to Bloober Team.

You guys need to remember, this isn't a 400 man team. It's 14. We're accustomed to the information flow of the big publishers.

Ok, maybe they have acquired an actual Wii kit now, though Gamebryo isn't exactly Wii specific(it was used for Oblivion after all).

14 man team, yes, which is exactly why this game is vapor. By the time they could get it anywhere near completion, it's likely that the Wii would be a distant memory.

Maybe I'm just a bit bitter than this game is getting so much hype with so little shown when OTHER indie groups who have something more SOLID to show are often ignored.