By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sadness - New screen.

nothing for months and then 1 screen. ha. I'll just spend my money on games that are real.

Around the Network
mmnin said:
nothing for months and then 1 screen. ha. I'll just spend my money on games that are real.

They've been realeasing a few screens every month for a few months now.

yushire said:
sc94597 said:
yushire said:
Viper1 said:
Let's put it this way. If it were a fake company, wouldn't one of the big media sites have uncovered that fact by now? It's not a hard thing to find out.

As for the game itself, they announced various publishers by name and even claimed their game will utilize the Gamebryo engine. If none of this were true, all those parties would have right to sue them for illegally using their name for publicity or if nothing else would have spoken publicly against their claims.

On the contrary, Emergents CEO (developers of the Gamebryo engine) have spoken on behalf of Nibris about Sadness already.

"From the early stages of pre-production with Sadness, Nibris realized that they would need development technology that allowed for an extreme amount of flexibility in the creative process, which is a cornerstone of the Gamebryo framework," said Geoffrey Selzer, CEO of Emergent.

Do you mean after what nibris have done and sorry to day this fooled us many times you still believe them? Its as bad as Ubisoft promised about the Red Steel sequel...

What did nibris do? Not release information on their game? How is that a crime?

Im talking about there are still people believe about sadness and Nibris, and yeah, fake companies such as developers/publisher companies and making it more like true is a crime. I hope theyre sued on this. They even used the DS and Wii logo on their site, saying their "supposed game" will be on these systems make them more liable on their hoax...

Yushire, can you read?  I just told you the CEO of Emergent stated that Nibris has licensed their Gamebryo engine for use in Sadness.  Who are you going to believe...the CEO of a trusted game engine development company or some consirpacy theorist morons on IGN?  

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Not this Sadness baloney again.. I don't doubt that nbris as a group is real, what I question is their product. Even if they WERE still shopping around for a publisher, the amount of solid info they've released so far is pretty close to nil(you'd think that if they were seriously looking for a publisher, they'd release more info on the game they are developing). It just smells like a company with an idea and no real skill, other than a decent concept artist, trying to get some investment to hire said skilled people.

So they bought a Gamebryo license, that doesn't prove the project is anything to get excited about, or that it is even under active development.

I've thought this since Sadness was first released... I just don't see why people get SOO excited about a game that hasn't even been shown ONCE in playable form.

It's the concept we're excited for. Screw screen shots, they don't tell me if a game is good either.

Publicly releasing info has little to no effect on attracting a publisher. That's a matter of insides sales and marketing. Something the consumers never see or deal with.

Around the Network

I don't know, I still think its vaporware along with Afrika, Duke Nukem Forever, and a bunch of other random games on every platform.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Actually, publicly releasing info can help catch the eye of a publisher, if the gameplay vids can grab an audience..

I was talking about footage, not a screen shot.. Actual gameplay footage. As I said NO ONE has seen the game in motion. If NO ONE has seen the game in motion, it's kinda hard to get excited about it, cool concept or not. It's doubtful at this point that Nibris can even DELIVER on the concept they've come up with.

It seems to me that a lot of people are way to excited about something that doesn't even exist as a game yet from a company who has had ONE other project, which they quietly sold off to another dev team before getting it anywhere near completion.

They just announced the licensing of the Gamebryo engine not even 2 months ago. You can't have a working video to display unless you offer up CGI teaser trailers like Motorstorm, Killzone 2, etc... They also don't have the man power and resources to set aside a team to create an alpha preview of working game code.

Stop being so damn skeptical and let the little guys like Nibris work on something special instead of demanding they halt work to appeal to our information consumption lifestyle.

Viper1 said:
They just announced the licensing of the Gamebryo engine not even 2 months ago. You can't have a working video to display unless you offer up CGI teaser trailers like Motorstorm, Killzone 2, etc... They also don't have the man power and resources to set aside a team to create an alpha preview of working game code.

Stop being so damn skeptical and let the little guys like Nibris work on something special instead of demanding they halt work to appeal to our information consumption lifestyle.

Dude, chill out.  There have been great games that have been vaporware.  Too Human looks to be one of them.  Every system has its fair share, so just calm down.  Its nothing to get upset about.  But the fact remains that until we see some real info on this game it is vaporware.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I ceased being excited about this game a long time ago.. because Nibris hasn't really produced ANYTHING yet.. sure, we have a video of ROTR but they don't seem to be doing much of anything.