By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gears of War 2 will bomb

obieslut said:
its just the same as the first game, i mean it dont bring anything new to the table its more kind of like meh been there done that.

The graphics are the same on Gears of war 2 and Gears of war. i can not see an improvement, its more like an expansion pack then a new improved sequel.

where did you get your copy of gears 2 from?

Around the Network
disolitude said:
The only way it can bomb is if it lauches with a Wiimote like accessory and is only compatible with that...

Of course, its a 3rd person shooter, just like RE4 bombed and so...

On the other hand Halo 3 would have become the best selling game this generation if it was bundled with a Wiimote, and that was the only way to play it. Too bad they didn't do it, too late now.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

ToastyJaguar said:
obieslut said:
its just the same as the first game, i mean it dont bring anything new to the table its more kind of like meh been there done that.

The graphics are the same on Gears of war 2 and Gears of war. i can not see an improvement, its more like an expansion pack then a new improved sequel.

where did you get your copy of gears 2 from?

He does not have a copy. Gears of War 2 will come in November and PS3 fans hope Gears of War 2 gets average review scores and average sales. 

Honestly, though it won't be received as well (I'm going to say average scores ~85), it will sell at least comparable to its predecessor. Killzone 2 is far more likely to have those low reviews due to the franchise's track record (maybe they'll surprise me, but I'm not holding my breath), and will have much lower sales than Gears 2.

I agree on the review factor but you're insane if you think it won't sell well. The 360's gaming library isn't as strong in comparison to the PS3's anyore and this game is at the absolute TOP for upcoming games.

For the reviews, if they pull a NG2 and don't expand game play techniques and be innovative then it will get in the 7-8 range(even thought halo somehow avoided this... twice) but with NG2's reviews likely to average in the 70s(failure in these days for games of its caliber) due to these tactics I'm sure the developers for GeoW 2 will see this and think twice about releasing a simple story/generic sequel.

Around the Network

I agree. I also think going forward, anything with the word Mario in it's title will fail as well.

All the Mario games going forward will be lucky to sell 80-90 million copies in the next 5 years.

Total failure. They should just give up this video game thing. It's a fad anyway.

peoples expectations for Gears of war 2 are far to high, and that is why it will crumble.

i have seen halo sized predictions, now come on that is just silly to be honest.

obieslut said:
peoples expectations for Gears of war 2 are far to high, and that is why it will crumble.

i have seen halo sized predictions, now come on that is just silly to be honest.

Well, Gears is a hell of a lot better then Halo, so it's not that bad of a prediction.

TheRealMafoo said:
obieslut said:

Well, Gears is a hell of a lot better then Halo, so it's not that bad of a prediction.

Whoa...easy there. Lets not get crazy.

hmm i dont think so,if anything this will outsell gears 1

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"