By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gears of War 2 will bomb

Rock_on_2008 said:

He must mean the review averages of Gears of War 2 will bomb in comparison to Gears of War. Gears of War 2 average review scores will be around low 70's.

BTW: I wonder how starcraft and the others would respond? 

Nop, he is talking about sales...

Edit: He edited his post...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

Microsoft will be wanting to cement Gears of War as a halo sized franchise. They will market it accordingly. It wont bomb. It will at minimum sell as much as the last game, but I wouldn't be surprised if it sells a lot more then that. 

BTW Gears isn't an answer to anything. There is no compariable 3rd person shooter in existence. And even if was was an answer to a game it wouldn't be killzone as killzone as a franshise has a lot to prove before it becomes a AAA series. 

soz ppl. i ment average score to. it is going to get terrible reviews.

Game quality

Killzone ps2.......Gears of war 2

remember how certain someone claimed that if GT5P didn't sell 3 million in first month, it would consider "bombed"?

;), you know who you are

Well, this thread probably means the same thing.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

The only way it can bomb is if it lauches with a Wiimote like accessory and is only compatible with that...

Around the Network

lol @ OP.

^Discuss people.

obieslut said:

Yh as the title says, Gears of war 2 will bomb.

i expect it to sell like 3 million if its lucky, life time sales. What do you think

^Discuss people.

I mean whos going to buy this when alot of other good games will be out. This shooter is going to be outdated before it is even released.

Gears of war 2 is x360's answer to killzone (ps2) I think Gears of war 2 is going to get an average review score of about 69/100 

This topic is clearly flamebait material, but I will answer it anyway.

You are basing your assumption that it will bomb on two points.

1. Who is going to buy it with a lot of other good games on the market?

Answer: When has that ever stopped anyone from buying new games? If the game is good, that shouldn't stop sales, just cause there are other good games on the market. It has never worked that way, and never will.

2. This shooter is going to be outdated before it's even released.

Answer: How so? For now, Gears of war is still the most copied action game when it comes to control, and graphics-wise there are still none to match (on HD consoles). In short, I cannot see how you can call it outdated.

There are the reasons I fail to see how your arguments could hold.

If you had expanded on your arguments further, I might have given you better answers. If you had expanded on WHY you thought it would be bad, then we might actually have been able to hold a converstation. As it is now it's just flamebait.

This is invisible text!

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Starcraft claimed Kill Zone 2 would bomb in both review scores (based on original Kill Zone games) and receive average sales of around 2 million LTD.

In my non fan boy opinion: Gears of War 2 = bomb in sales, selling less than expected 3 million LTD only lol and average review scores of around low 70's

its just the same as the first game, i mean it dont bring anything new to the table its more kind of like meh been there done that.

The graphics are the same on Gears of war 2 and Gears of war. i can not see an improvement, its more like an expansion pack then a new improved sequel.