By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - US Sales 5/24/08 Nintendomination!

@zenfolder

how rude you are to PSP

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

impressive... surely numbers like this will begin a cascade of great third party wii games?

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

HELLO HERE I AM A NEW WII OWNER SINCE LAST THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if my Wii accommodates this weeks sales or not, but I must say this is an awesome surprise!!! Go NINTENDO!!!!!

darthdevidem01 said:
@zenfolder

how rude you are to PSP

lol, it was a joke man. I was just kidding on that little chart.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Nintendomination indeed

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Wii > X360, PS3 and PSP combined, but the Wii Fit sales are sad, I expected a million at least.

I had expected more from the wii this week, it was in stock at a lot of stores over the last week for extended periods of time. I would expect global demand to be meet by July this year, which is about the same time Nintendo will up production. This should give them a nice supply of wii's in all Countries going into the holidays.

Wow at WiiFit. Only reason it did not reach 1 million is surely because of stock. Its sold out everywhere over here in the states.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

darthdevidem01 said:
@Zucas

or Ps3 picks up like PSP in Japan with a slim + FF13 release

S-E will be fine....If they make FF13 a great game...it will sell consoles and copies ala FF7

FFVII and FFXIII aren't the same. When FFVII launched in Japan the PS1 and Saturn were neck and neck in sales, by the time FFXIII hits Japan the Wii will like have four times or more of the installed base of the PS3 in Japan. FFXIII won't save the PS3. FFXIII will be just like Ocarina of Time for N64. It will sell really well but won't change the outcome of the hardware battle. Final Fantasy XIII will be too little and too late. 

Also, PS3 is not the PSP. Even when the DS was putting up ridiculous sales numbers the PSP was putting up decent hardware numbers. Besides the PSP's issue has been software sales. Outside of Monster Hunter, PSP games haven't sold all to well. The PS3 on the other hand is putting up flat out pathetic sales numbers. There is no amount of spin that can say otherwise.

Zucas said:
Wii is starting to turn into a PS2. Really the only market right now where it's even close on a weekly basis is Europe/other and if Wii really explodes in China and India whenever it finally releases there this could be an entirely different story. So this shouldn't be surprising to people anymore.

It's really starting to turn out that the idea of HD being big, turned out to be the fad. And that really what Nintendo has been advertising was the real deal. Funny how things work out eh.

lol... Have you been sleeping under a rock???

The Wii not only "started to turn into a PS2" a long time ago, it has passed it.

The worldwide Wii sales so far in 2008 are 7.5 million units. It's already guaranteed to sell 25 million this year. The PS2's record year was 21 mill.