By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ON JUNE 11TH PLAYSTATION NATION IS GONNA BE SMILING WIDE....

tao said:
Must be the new game from the creators of ICO and Shadow of the Collosus. They're talking about a new project not one we already know.

I would ... absolutely ... love ... this ... to be true!

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Blue3 said:
naznatips said:
Blue3 said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Sony already gets its fair share of SE's games. If they bought SE, they'd get, what, a few extra games per year? With SE being independent, Sony can focus its money on Sony games, new systems, and PRICE DROPS.

If Sony bought SE, you wouldn't see a price drop on your PS3 for a few years hehe

i alreay got the console, so no skin off my back.

what i want is new Vargant Story, Crono Cross, FF7 remake, does Se own xenogears ip ?

Ironic thatyou mention that right before my post. No, Nintendo now owns it. It was sold to Monolith Soft, which then made Xenosaga, then Nintendo bought them.

yahh but if they own Xenogears, why the hell didnt they just call it that ?

The way I understood it they just wanted to start a new series, based on Xenogears, rather than continue Xenogears itself.  Xenosaga was made with most of the Xenogears developers, and fits in the storyline pretty well too

the xenogear ip was never sold to monolith soft. squaresoft held on to it. so the ip still belongs to squre. this is why xenosaga was never officially announced as a direct sequel or prequel to xenogears. here's a quote I got off wikipedia. "While Xenogears has never had an official sequel or prequel, some mistake a game developed by Monolith Soft and released by Namco called Xenosaga on the PlayStation 2, to be a prequel. Tetsuya Takahashi was the director and writer for both Xenogears and Xenosaga, and notes that Xenosaga is not a prequel to Xenogears because Square Enix owns the rights to Xenogears." It would be a senseless move to sell the ip to monolith soft on squaresoft's part since the game did quite well for them and since monolith was such a small company at the time they probably would have had to sell the xenogears ip real cheap just so monolith could afford it..... and sony buying out squareenix would be both very unlikely and dumb. Sony is already in a hole after the laptop battery recalls + ps3 cost + bluray cost. I invest in sony right now and if that were to happen i'd sell all my shares bc buying SE would just be completely irrational. sony has better things to spend their money on. If companies could just go out and eat up all the major developers in the world then microsoft would have already done it. but things just dont work like that.

500 million is not a large yearly revenue.  Certainly nothing compared to the Sony revenue.

1 Yen = .00826 USD

That is not a large market cap...

superchunk said:
Blue3 said:
roadkillers said:
Everyone wants a PS3 no doubt. The problem is hardly anyone can afford it.

truth shall set em free.

monst will deny it, but sooner or later they will acceptance it.

You are such an arrogant ass.

I have over a six figure income and have chose to own the least expensive system out there. However I put $300 into a 360 and games for my bros this xmas, bought them a $1000 computer last xmas. I could easily buy all three systems and 5 games each (granted ps3 does not have 5 good games). I, as most people, just don't see the logic in paying $700 after taxes and a game to play a video game. It's just stupid and sheep mentality. I would rather spend a quality day with my family going to movies, zoo, chucky cheese, and so on, then blow $700 on an overpriced, bulky, pos.

As you can tell this type of mentality pisses me off. I grew up very poor and always wanted the 'cool' toys. My parents did what they could and got me a NES when I was little and I usually only got a game on bdays and xmas. Other than that I worked my little ass off for neighbors to get cash to buy games. Since then I have always worked a fulltime job and put myself through college so my children won't have to struggle as much. Then to see little assholes who probably don't know what real responsibility is talk about people being too poor to buy a PS3. Do you own a house? College Degree? 2 new cars? with wife and 3 children? Suck my poor non-ps3 owning balls!!

When was the last time you took your family to a $229 a night resort in Sedona, AZ for the weekend so you could let your kids ride on "Thomas the Tank Engine" and take a 2nd train the next day to spend the day at the Grand Canyon? That is a much better time than the PS3.

Dude,

I spend more than that on a sushi dinner with friends.  My sunglasses cost more than your wii...

Around the Network
weezy said:

"Phones (home), Cell phones           -noone has those phones here in so-cal
Sony Ericcson

Computers
Vaio laptops, workstation
                 -we all prefer dell/gateway round here 

General Consumer electronics          - MP3 player?? rofl.....
MP3 players"

those are non-existant where im at.. btw i know alot of ppl

but tv's cameras and ps3/psp a plenty round here..ps3 somewhat..

plz don't speak for everyone in socal, talk as if you know everyone in socal or even talk as if socal is the entire world. sony ericson - not what they used tobe but still make decent phones. sony vaio - I know plently of people that has a vaio over a dell that lives in socal. and the vaio is one of the best selling laptops in the WORLD. especially to asians. I live in NY and the people love that laptop mp3 - sony finally got it right AFTER the ipod was released. it's not the ipod but the mp3 players don't suck either. plus. most of you guys forget about tristar + colombia + sony pictures. either way sony turns a profit on pretty much whatever industry they go in. if they don't turn one, then they would disband that field.

Anyone that comes on a public forum bragging about their salery needs to take some self esteme classes.

dam i see this thread has went way off topic...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

sleepy-g said:
superchunk said:
Blue3 said:
roadkillers said:
Everyone wants a PS3 no doubt. The problem is hardly anyone can afford it.

truth shall set em free.

monst will deny it, but sooner or later they will acceptance it.

You are such an arrogant ass.

I have over a six figure income and have chose to own the least expensive system out there. However I put $300 into a 360 and games for my bros this xmas, bought them a $1000 computer last xmas. I could easily buy all three systems and 5 games each (granted ps3 does not have 5 good games). I, as most people, just don't see the logic in paying $700 after taxes and a game to play a video game. It's just stupid and sheep mentality. I would rather spend a quality day with my family going to movies, zoo, chucky cheese, and so on, then blow $700 on an overpriced, bulky, pos.

As you can tell this type of mentality pisses me off. I grew up very poor and always wanted the 'cool' toys. My parents did what they could and got me a NES when I was little and I usually only got a game on bdays and xmas. Other than that I worked my little ass off for neighbors to get cash to buy games. Since then I have always worked a fulltime job and put myself through college so my children won't have to struggle as much. Then to see little assholes who probably don't know what real responsibility is talk about people being too poor to buy a PS3. Do you own a house? College Degree? 2 new cars? with wife and 3 children? Suck my poor non-ps3 owning balls!!

When was the last time you took your family to a $229 a night resort in Sedona, AZ for the weekend so you could let your kids ride on "Thomas the Tank Engine" and take a 2nd train the next day to spend the day at the Grand Canyon? That is a much better time than the PS3.

Dude,

I spend more than that on a sushi dinner with friends. My sunglasses cost more than your wii...

Dude,

Who gives a shit? 

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

This thread keeps veering off topic and I'm getting sick of it...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )