By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ON JUNE 11TH PLAYSTATION NATION IS GONNA BE SMILING WIDE....

ehh whatever.

god damn sony should have took over Square in 2001

Around the Network
Blue3 said:
ehh whatever.

Probably would have been a lot better then hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Blue3 said:
FishyJoe said:

Buyouts don't work that way. The price usually skyrockets upon news of a buyout, so the buyer winds up paying well above the current price. Blowing 25% of your cash position is crazy anyways.

And it still doesn't change the fact a lot of the value of SE is based on it being multi platform developer. Take that away and the company is worth far less. So they would wind up buying a company that would wipeout a lot of their cash, and then destroy the value of it by making it a single platform developer. Makes about as much sense as a hole in the head.

Cool, so no chance in hell of a quiet take over.

Cell phones PSP PS3 PS2 is single platform ?

Er... so you're just going to ignore mine?  Well anyway no it's not that simple as I stated above.  Cell phones return almost no profit and they completely halted PS2 development after their FFXII expansion, so neither of those count.  Leaving you with 2 platforms with small userbases to try and turn a profit on.

Blue3 said:
ehh whatever.

Yes, it actually would have likely worked in 2001

Blue, for the love of god, don't go into any career involving money

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network
sieanr said:

Hey, give him some credit.  It was a good debate, he just didn't take into account some of the other factors you don't see on the surface.

Argument's done, why don't we actually talk about the OT perhaps?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Good plan, I still say it's Killzone footage (hopefully looking amazing)

"When was the last time you took your family to a $229 a night resort in Sedona, AZ for the weekend so you could let your kids ride on "Thomas the Tank Engine" and take a 2nd train the next day to spend the day at the Grand Canyon? That is a much better time than the PS3
However I put $300 into a 360 and games for my bros this xmas, bought them a $1000 computer last xmas"

==>so you also spend a lot of money 1300$ in technology on xmas
this a question of choice
This doesn't not only concern PS3
ofc it costs cost a lot (that is true)
but this the same for Xbox360 (how many good game in 1.5 year ?Xboxlive is not free ...)
and both console are expensive since u have to buy game

I don't argue that PS3 is worth the 600$ it costs
I just say that for the moment, PS3 and Xbox360, are for rich family ...
In fact, it explains why so few people have buy the Xbox360 or PS3 for the moment
They are waiting for cheaper system and more game
(note that it can change soon with the end year coming AND that doesn't concern Wii that is already selling a lot)

Time to Work !

naznatips said:
sieanr said:

Hey, give him some credit. It was a good debate, he just didn't take into account some of the other factors you don't see on the surface.

i'am quite good with numbers if i know all of them.