By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ON JUNE 11TH PLAYSTATION NATION IS GONNA BE SMILING WIDE....

S-E would never sell for market value, unless they are morons.. money is to be made at S-E.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

Easy...1.2 billion is still a ton of money, money that Sony can't reasonably spend right now, since it's still going to be losing money on the PS3 through this year.  And the purchase wouldn't be beneficial if they could afford it anyway...SE's value would go down like crazy if Sony bought it, because SE's profit comes from its many multiplatform games.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

superchunk said:
Blue3 said:
roadkillers said:
Everyone wants a PS3 no doubt. The problem is hardly anyone can afford it.

truth shall set em free.

monst will deny it, but sooner or later they will acceptance it.

You are such an arrogant ass.

I have over a six figure income and have chose to own the least expensive system out there. However I put $300 into a 360 and games for my bros this xmas, bought them a $1000 computer last xmas. I could easily buy all three systems and 5 games each (granted ps3 does not have 5 good games). I, as most people, just don't see the logic in paying $700 after taxes and a game to play a video game. It's just stupid and sheep mentality. I would rather spend a quality day with my family going to movies, zoo, chucky cheese, and so on, then blow $700 on an overpriced, bulky, pos.

As you can tell this type of mentality pisses me off. I grew up very poor and always wanted the 'cool' toys. My parents did what they could and got me a NES when I was little and I usually only got a game on bdays and xmas. Other than that I worked my little ass off for neighbors to get cash to buy games. Since then I have always worked a fulltime job and put myself through college so my children won't have to struggle as much. Then to see little assholes who probably don't know what real responsibility is talk about people being too poor to buy a PS3. Do you own a house? College Degree? 2 new cars? with wife and 3 children? Suck my poor non-ps3 owning balls!!

When was the last time you took your family to a $229 a night resort in Sedona, AZ for the weekend so you could let your kids ride on "Thomas the Tank Engine" and take a 2nd train the next day to spend the day at the Grand Canyon? That is a much better time than the PS3.

nope never heard that before, ever haha. a $250 box with 10 year old technology to play previous gen games is not sheep mentality, sure keep telling your self that.  

Buyouts don't work that way. The price usually skyrockets upon news of a buyout, so the buyer winds up paying well above the current price.  Blowing 25% of your cash position is crazy anyways.

And it still doesn't change the fact a lot of the value of SE is based on it being multi platform developer. Take that away and the company is worth far less. So they would wind up buying a company that would wipeout a lot of their cash, and then destroy the value of it by making it a single platform developer. Makes about as much sense as a hole in the head.

Blue3 said:
superchunk said:

You are such an arrogant ass.

I have over a six figure income and have chose to own the least expensive system out there. However I put $300 into a 360 and games for my bros this xmas, bought them a $1000 computer last xmas. I could easily buy all three systems and 5 games each (granted ps3 does not have 5 good games). I, as most people, just don't see the logic in paying $700 after taxes and a game to play a video game. It's just stupid and sheep mentality. I would rather spend a quality day with my family going to movies, zoo, chucky cheese, and so on, then blow $700 on an overpriced, bulky, pos.

As you can tell this type of mentality pisses me off. I grew up very poor and always wanted the 'cool' toys. My parents did what they could and got me a NES when I was little and I usually only got a game on bdays and xmas. Other than that I worked my little ass off for neighbors to get cash to buy games. Since then I have always worked a fulltime job and put myself through college so my children won't have to struggle as much. Then to see little assholes who probably don't know what real responsibility is talk about people being too poor to buy a PS3. Do you own a house? College Degree? 2 new cars? with wife and 3 children? Suck my poor non-ps3 owning balls!!

When was the last time you took your family to a $229 a night resort in Sedona, AZ for the weekend so you could let your kids ride on "Thomas the Tank Engine" and take a 2nd train the next day to spend the day at the Grand Canyon? That is a much better time than the PS3.

nope never heard that before, ever haha. a $250 box with 10 year old technology to play previous gen games is not sheep mentality, sure keep telling your self that.

Oh brother.  I try to move things on, but he keeps asking for it. 

Fine, Blue3, we're all sheep.  Now just leave us alone and gaze at your beautiful $600 machine, and us sheep will go back to having lives and having fun with our 10 year old box.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Easy...1.2 billion is still a ton of money, money that Sony can't reasonably spend right now, since it's still going to be losing money on the PS3 through this year. And the purchase wouldn't be beneficial if they could afford it anyway...SE's value would go down like crazy if Sony bought it, because SE's profit comes from its many multiplatform games.

What you mean their value would go down, they would be part of Sony how can you value them seperatly ?

Any ds game to PSP, any Wii game to PS2 and PSP maybe a PSN download or PS3 and no 360 games.  As expensive as it would be, would it not be a massive help to PSP and PS3 sales ?

rofl^...i love it..some ppl with thier most precious possession being a video game machine..

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Blue3 said:
FishyJoe said:
SE's market cap is 347 billion yen.

so that $ 2,851,003,000

51 is control right, and Sony already owns 8% so 43% is needed that would cost 1.2 billion.

unless i screwd up the numbers or aomethin.

Whats so impossible about that ?

No, you did the number's right, but FishyJoe's were wrong. http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=413&Itemid=32

SE has only had more success since then, and that's at 3.2 Billion. Being conservative, they are at least up to 3.5 billion, so technically $1.33 billion. Sony only made throughout it's entirity of it's divisions 2.4 billion last quarter, and all that was stripped away by PS3 losses.

So, here is what I see being the issue: The PS3 is still causing the coporation at least 2 billion in losses per quarter. Eating into the corporate reserves. They would compound their quarterly loss very signifficantly to buy Square Enix, if it is even POSSIBLE to buy it right now, but I say it's not, because if they did they would have to cancel production of all current DS, Wii, and 360 games by SE, which have all had millions of dollars poored into them. What happens if you cancel the long awaited DQIX for the Japanese and their DS? You have just lost millions of loyal customers forever, not to mention the development cost of the game itself. Same with Dragon Quest Swords, FF:CC, Last Remnant (Development costs on this one are through the roof). I mean the amount of issues this would create; to take a corporate entity designed to develop for multiple consoles and try and convert it to your 2 would cost billions more than just the cost of purchasing, which is a lot to stomach in the first place.

That's my view on it anyway.

Blue3 said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Easy...1.2 billion is still a ton of money, money that Sony can't reasonably spend right now, since it's still going to be losing money on the PS3 through this year. And the purchase wouldn't be beneficial if they could afford it anyway...SE's value would go down like crazy if Sony bought it, because SE's profit comes from its many multiplatform games.

What you mean their value would go down, they would be part of Sony how can you value them seperatly ?

Any ds game to PSP, any Wii game to PS2 and PSP maybe a PSN download or PS3 and no 360 games. As expensive as it would be, would it not be a massive help to PSP and PS3 sales ?

You assume the same SE that exists now would be working under Sony if Sony bought SE.

If Sony bought SE, SE would no longer make as much profit off multiplatform games, and therefore would not be able to produce as many games as it does now.  "How can I value them separately?"  Alright, so say SE's one with Sony...then they get to share in the deficit, as Sony just bought SE, and cannot afford to churn out all the games SE wants to.  It's a lose-lose for both companies, SE can't make as much profit anymore, and Sony can't help because they just friggin' bought SE. 

End of argument.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

FishyJoe said:

Buyouts don't work that way. The price usually skyrockets upon news of a buyout, so the buyer winds up paying well above the current price. Blowing 25% of your cash position is crazy anyways.

And it still doesn't change the fact a lot of the value of SE is based on it being multi platform developer. Take that away and the company is worth far less. So they would wind up buying a company that would wipeout a lot of their cash, and then destroy the value of it by making it a single platform developer. Makes about as much sense as a hole in the head.

Cool, so no chance in hell of a quiet take over.

Cell phones PSP PS3 PS2 is single platform ?