By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy 13 NOT to be at TGS 08??

*bleu-ocelot* said:
FishyJoe said:
Square Enix has specifically stated they don't want DQIX and FFXIII coming out in the same fiscal year. Since there is a 99.9% chance DQIX is coming out this fiscal year, that means FFXIII is unlikely to come out before March 31, 2009.

Actually it was said that SE doesn't want to release DQIX and FF in the same year.Some might argue wheather this means ''Fiscal Year" or not.I personally think that FFXIII would be released early next year and VXIII would be released late next year.I mean why would you release both FF's in the same fiscal year?

Of course this means Financial Year. What on earth could be the reason for SE to not release it in the same calendar year but in the same FY?

It's about the results. SE doesn't want its 2 biggest games on the same financial result, because the year after would look very bad and investors don't like decreasing results.

Around the Network

FF XIII for 09' or S-E are dead to me!! lol

Forget XIII/Versus, where's information on Crystal Bearers? ;_;

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Am I the only one that thinks SE is stalling the release of FFXIII on the hope that PS3 sales take off in Japan. I mean I give Guerilla crap about how long its taking for Killzone 2 to come out but FFXIII seems to be even less timely.

@ Darc

I would not be surprised if that was indeed the case, but i am not too sure if it would be. PS3 sales in Japan have been less than stellar but they would majorly pick up once the game is released!

Even with the userbase in Japan being as low as it is right now the game is guaranteed to sell 5 million + copies anyway so they should be happy with that!

Around the Network

I'll wait for more news in July. If there won't be any news, than I'll wait until October. If there won't be any news, then to hell with SE.

SE has to release the game sooner or later. They aren't Blizzard which is owned by a company that rakes in over a billion dollars a year without them that they can just dump a game (starcraft: ghost) or continually delay a game (starcraft: ghost again). And with SE still having 500,000 subscribers to FF11, why not just start to buy up your stock and then you don't have to keep trying to keep investors happy. Release games when they are done and don't worry about your fiscal year results BS.

waron said:
Munkeh111 said:
@ waron, FF XIII has been in developmnt for ages, so it will come before some of those games, namely SO 4 which they have not even announced the platform for. Infinite undiscovery is coming out in a few months, and they will definitely get XIII done through 09

Haven't SE recently confirme DQ IX for this fiscal year? So XIII is definitely coming in 0

yes but there is still

FY 2008: infinite undiscovery, DQ IV, DQ V, DQ IX, FF IV, FF tactics DS

FY 2009: sigma harmonics, both KH spinoffs, DQ VI, valkyrie profile ds, last remnant, possible final fantasy crystal chronicles wii release,

so i think that rest of the games we will see in:

FY 2010: star ocean 4, final fantasy XIII, soul eater, dissidia: final fantasy

FY 2011: final fantasy XIII versus

but i think that at TGS 09 we will see a demo version of FFXIII. 

Crystal Bearers is less likely to be released in 2009 than Versus XIII.

Last Remnant is also coming out this year.

And Dissidia is coming out this year. It was actually an 07 release, but they pushed back to this year.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.