By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy 13 NOT to be at TGS 08??

lol...

1) totally unreliable source
2) didn't come from Square Enix
3) FFXIII is expected to be released next year (2009)

So this thread fails :D

Around the Network
Soriku said:
@ecurbj

JeuxFrance isn't unreliable...

But it seems this isn't going to happen now. Just some translation error confusion.

Actually it is, but the translation as you pointed out is unreliable.

Unless Square Enix announces it themselves then, I look at these stories as bull.

They say:

"we cannot say anything on the game or on the projects for the TGS concerning it"

It means that there are projects for the TGS concerning the game, only they cannot tell anything about it.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

FishyJoe said:
Square Enix has specifically stated they don't want DQIX and FFXIII coming out in the same fiscal year. Since there is a 99.9% chance DQIX is coming out this fiscal year, that means FFXIII is unlikely to come out before March 31, 2009.

Actually it was said that SE doesn't want to release DQIX and FF in the same year.Some might argue wheather this means ''Fiscal Year" or not.I personally think that FFXIII would be released early next year and VXIII would be released late next year.I mean why would you release both FF's in the same fiscal year?

The reason you don't want to release both in the same fiscal year is so you don't show huge revenue in one year, then nothing the next. That is a sure way to crash the price of your stock.

Around the Network

its like the game will never be released. i mean how long ago was it when we first heard news of the game? too long..... or maybe its juz me i duno

there is still last remnant, DQ9, crystal bearers, star ocean 4, sigma harmonics, KH spinoffs for ds and psp and infinite undiscovery(plus DQ, FF remakes for ds) to go so final fantasy XIII won't be released in 2009 probably.

@ waron, FF XIII has been in developmnt for ages, so it will come before some of those games, namely SO 4 which they have not even announced the platform for. Infinite undiscovery is coming out in a few months, and they will definitely get XIII done through 09

Haven't SE recently confirme DQ IX for this fiscal year? So XIII is definitely coming in 09

Munkeh111 said:
@ waron, FF XIII has been in developmnt for ages, so it will come before some of those games, namely SO 4 which they have not even announced the platform for. Infinite undiscovery is coming out in a few months, and they will definitely get XIII done through 09

Haven't SE recently confirme DQ IX for this fiscal year? So XIII is definitely coming in 0

yes but there is still

FY 2008: infinite undiscovery, DQ IV, DQ V, DQ IX, FF IV, FF tactics DS

FY 2009: sigma harmonics, both KH spinoffs, DQ VI, valkyrie profile ds, last remnant, possible final fantasy crystal chronicles wii release,

so i think that rest of the games we will see in:

FY 2010: star ocean 4, final fantasy XIII, soul eater, dissidia: final fantasy

FY 2011: final fantasy XIII versus

but i think that at TGS 09 we will see a demo version of FFXIII. 

@ waron, why Last Remnant next year? it was announced for this one. Anyway, SE will not have SO 4 and XIII in the same year, to try and balance things out, so XIII will be their big release for FY 09, and SO 4 will probably be their big one for FY10 (maybe Versus as well)