By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Starcraft 2. System requirments LEAKED!

I'm somewhere between average and high end as I have a Radeon 3850 which is pretty nice, but it's only 256 mb, which I for some stupid reason didn't notice until I had purchased the card.

I'm sure I'll be able to run SCII on good settings though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
I'm somewhere between average and high end as I have a Radeon 3850 which is pretty nice, but it's only 256 mb, which I for some stupid reason didn't notice until I had purchased the card.

I'm sure I'll be able to run SCII on good settings though.

What is the bandwidth of the vram? It doesn't matter if the card is only 256mb if your bandwidth is higher than a card with 512.

@ Op I have to buy the first one before playing this one, but my pc will run it easily.

shio said:

how are they high? The specs are even lower than what alot of games are coming with out today, let alone when SC2 comes out.

Seriously, if all you need to play is a Geforce 7 card, then you could even play with 5 year old GPUs (it won't though, because of lack of support of newer shaders and such)

My brother's 5 year old PC should be able to play it if it's true (gonna be 6 years old when SC2 is released, probably)

Read my full post before you respond to it please. The last sentence should tell how I feel about the system requirements. Blizzard is notorious for releasing games that can be played on anything made in the same decade. For them it is a little high, but the game will run well on minimum settings.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Torillian said:
This is why I never get to play any PC games, because if I do I have to put them on super ultra low settings while sacrificing a goat and praying to Satan that my computer doesn't crash. *sigh*

Reminds me of my old computer, AMD K6-2 @ 500MHZ, 128 MB Ram, and windows ME.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

great my PC wont have any problem what so ever with those specs.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
shio said:

how are they high? The specs are even lower than what alot of games are coming with out today, let alone when SC2 comes out.

Seriously, if all you need to play is a Geforce 7 card, then you could even play with 5 year old GPUs (it won't though, because of lack of support of newer shaders and such)

My brother's 5 year old PC should be able to play it if it's true (gonna be 6 years old when SC2 is released, probably)

Read my full post before you respond to it please. The last sentence should tell how I feel about the system requirements. Blizzard is notorious for releasing games that can be played on anything made in the same decade. For them it is a little high, but the game will run well on minimum settings.

Dude, if those specs are real, you can even run SC2 on a 6 year old GPU if it came out TODAY! God, just look closely at the specs.

it seems i can only play it at average

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

shio said:
Gnizmo said:
shio said:

Dude, if those specs are real, you can even run SC2 on a 6 year old GPU if it came out TODAY! God, just look closely at the specs.

What GPU are you talking about?  If the minimum specs are are a Geforce 7 card, then you can only run it on a GPU that isn't even 3 years old yet (June of 2005 for the first card in the 7 series).  The minimum specs are way too high if you look at other graphic intensive RTSes of late and especially when you are dealing with Blizzard.

Crazzyman says:

"FFXIII will sell over 10 mln. don`t worry."

"FFXIII is ONLY possible on PS3.
it`s not a multiplatform, because the game is NOT possible at THIS quality on any other platform." (Posted on 7/13/08)

"SMG in best case will reach:
1.1. mln. in Japan
2 mln. in Europe
3.9 in Usa
maximaum +200k in every region. =]"

I can't wait to play that game

MK7!! 3DS friend code: 0688 - 5579 - 0994

Also playing DotA2 beta!

shio said:

A gig of ram was considered a lot just 4 years ago. It can run on 6 year old gaming machines, yes. Blizzard releases games to run on 6 year old PCs that were meant to check email. Read the post, and then respond. I never once even implied the specs were high. I have stated over and over the spec are high for Blizzard, and they are.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229