By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Starcraft 2. System requirments LEAKED!

Yeah...these requirements came from poster on a fan site who got them from a Spanish gaming magazine....

Yeah.....

Around the Network

I call BS on those req. Way too high. Blizzard always makes games that run well on old comps, and don't utilize the high-end. Also, Blizzard with the eons of development make highly optimized game engines.

Btw, screenshots already disproved those reqs (not awe-impressive).

StarcraftManiac said:

High-end:

GFX: Geforce 9000er or Radeon 3000er Series
CPU: Core 2 Duo 3 Ghz or Athlon X2
RAM: 2Gb with DualChannel mode.

Link please???

This is waaaay too high spec.  There aren't even that many C2Ds that clock at 3ghz stock.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

epsilon72 said:

Those specs seem way too high. I call BS on this. Blizzard is not Crytek; look at World of Warcraft.

@shio: Geforce 7, low end? Tell that to my old 7800gtx! (that card still runs everything out today quite adequately)

Man, looking at those specs again, there's no friggin way they are true, unless Blizzard wants to totally reverse their design philosophies (which I doubt would be the case.)

See, this is what I've been saying about people not knowing what they're talking. Do you know about the 7100, or 7200, which are like 10 times weaker than the 7800GTX? Those are the low-end cards of the Geforce 7 series.

shio said:
StarcraftManiac said:
shio said:
Those specs aren't confirmed. It could very well be false, which probably is.

And if it's true, then those are very, very low specs. Should run on 6 year old PC's when it comes out.

Eehrm... The high-end specs are pretty sick if you ask me... Requires an expensive set-up

And, it's kinda odd that an RTS has such high specs... But hey, if I can play it I honestly don't care! ...

Eh?? If those specs are true, then you can run Starcraft 2 on a $200 PC today, play recommended settings on a $350 PC, and play high settings on a $450 PC Today, let alone when it comes out.  

Griffin said:
Those seem pretty high, they are Crysis type requirements.

What is with you people?

Can you help me build a computer pleeeze?

Around the Network

*Cough* *cough* *Requirements - One non-RRoD'ed 360* *cough*

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
*Cough* *cough* *Requirements - One non-RRoD'ed 360* *cough*

Have they actually announced the game for the 360? If it does come I wouldn't bother picking it up for it. Blizzard has never done the console ports of their games, and they always suck. Save your money and play it on a PC. It is the way god intended the universe to work.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

great its not as bad as I expected in fact it was what I was hoping for. I just have to finally buy more ram (LONG over due) everyone said it was going to be rough but I was hoping they would keep the majority of computers in mind

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Source?

I knew it. All lies.

Those Aren't The Starcraft II System Specs You're Looking For

Those supposed Starcraft II system requirements? Lies. All lies. More like speculation really, as Blizzard was kind enough to let us know that the gang at Micromania "pulled their numbers straight out of thin air." We would suggest resting assured tonight that, when ready, and not a minute before, Blizzard will be telling you the exact minimum and recommended system requirements in an official capacity. That will most likely be, I'm guessing, after the company gives us a ship date and come in handy FAQ form.