By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Starcraft 2. System requirments LEAKED!

Seems pretty reasonable.  Should be able to play on at least 4 or 5 year old machines by the time it is out (might need a new video card, but they can get one for less than $100 now).

I won't have any problem playing it on high if these are accurate.

Around the Network

The thing that interests me the most is the fact the base GPU needed is an integrated pos GPU. That means my 8400GS will run the game perfect.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Crap... I don't think (if those are real) my computer will run it without a new video card... ugh

shio said:
StarcraftManiac said:
shio said:
Those specs aren't confirmed. It could very well be false, which probably is.

And if it's true, then those are very, very low specs. Should run on 6 year old PC's when it comes out.

Eehrm... The high-end specs are pretty sick if you ask me... Requires an expensive set-up

And, it's kinda odd that an RTS has such high specs... But hey, if I can play it I honestly don't care! ...

Eh?? If those specs are true, then you can run Starcraft 2 on a $200 PC today, play recommended settings on a $350 PC, and play high settings on a $450 PC Today, let alone when it comes out.

Griffin said:
Those seem pretty high, they are Crysis type requirements.

What is with you people?

For a Blizzard game those requirements are kinda high. I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop down a bit or these turn out to be false just because Blizzard likes to have their games run on a 5 year old toaster. They are very reasonable specs for a typical PC game though.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Those have to be false they are way to high for a Blizzard game, unless it is a really long time to this game get's out (hopes not).

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

Around the Network

What do you need a 1meg pipe for? Does it mean up or down? 'cause if it means up then most UK users are fucked.

Gnizmo said:
shio said:
StarcraftManiac said:
shio said:
Those specs aren't confirmed. It could very well be false, which probably is.

And if it's true, then those are very, very low specs. Should run on 6 year old PC's when it comes out.

Eehrm... The high-end specs are pretty sick if you ask me... Requires an expensive set-up

And, it's kinda odd that an RTS has such high specs... But hey, if I can play it I honestly don't care! ...

Eh?? If those specs are true, then you can run Starcraft 2 on a $200 PC today, play recommended settings on a $350 PC, and play high settings on a $450 PC Today, let alone when it comes out.

Griffin said:
Those seem pretty high, they are Crysis type requirements.

What is with you people?

For a Blizzard game those requirements are kinda high. I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop down a bit or these turn out to be false just because Blizzard likes to have their games run on a 5 year old toaster. They are very reasonable specs for a typical PC game though.

how are they high? The specs are even lower than what alot of games are coming with out today, let alone when SC2 comes out.

Seriously, if all you need to play is a Geforce 7 card, then you could even play with 5 year old GPUs (it won't though, because of lack of support of newer shaders and such)

My brother's 5 year old PC should be able to play it if it's true (gonna be 6 years old when SC2 is released, probably)

Wait where did you get this information from there is no link there?

Edit: Forget it I found it. 

seem perfectly reasonable, I should be able to run it just fine. It is a bit high for blizzard standards though. Practically everything they release is below the benchmark as far as specs go, which is by no means a bad thing. They don't need major specs to make awesome games.

I suspect these aren't final and will be adjusted, assuming they are even legit at all. I see no link.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Blizzard has so far only confirming that the game will require Pixel Shader 2.0.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=189528