By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Nintendo be disrupted?

Ok, my question is the one in the title. Nintendo is disrupting Sony and Microsoft with the Wii and the DS, but...

If a company had to enter the market and disrupt Nintendo, what do you think they would do? 

Work in progress for now...

Around the Network

I do not believe anyone could match or disrupt Nintendo at the present moment. . Nintendo are the unstoppable force of the video game industry at the time being. Everything Nintendo touches seems to turn gold. Behold the unstoppable force that is Nintendo.

^^ Stop your sarcasm, if you are not going to contribute to the thread just go away.

Work in progress for now...

GrimPoppet said:
^^ Stop your sarcasm, if you are not going to contribute to the thread just go away.

I don't think he was being sarcastic....just defeatist.

Every now and again the fanboys assume that role.....leo-j perfected the art more than most.  Rock-on is just hoping to follow in his shoes.

They long for your sympathy. 

Nintendo was disrupted once, by the PS1...now it´s their turn.

I think this gen´s already set in stone when it comes to who will be number 1, but there´s always next gen.

Around the Network

im sure nintendo will be disrupted again at some point, wether that will be next gen or later i dont know, besides competition is good for the industry.

Ahh, "defeatist", that was the term I was looking for! It's so pitiful, it actually pisses me off quite a bit. Leo-J was really annoying me with it.

And I say that the only way Nintendo can be stopped is the route that has worked against every console leader so far: A generation or two from now, they won't be considered hip anymore, and whoever makes the console that is the most successful in Japan will win.

This Gen - no-one
Next Gen - It's possible that Sony could, and Apple stands a chance if they actually are entering

i really dont think i mean it survived Halo, it survived Gta 4, and it will survive MGS4

those are the big guns of teh gen for the com p and the only one so far to hurt the wii was Halo and that only slowed down the beast not stop it

it is the juggernaut

They were BEFORE (N64)

so they can be AGAIN

I bet APPLE will do it

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey