By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CRYSIS Who?? -- NEW Killzone 2 Screens!! WOW!

darthdevidem01 said:
@selnor

there are no better grfx coming out this year...
I think MGS4 and GOW2 both look better. MGS4 looks more real, and GOW2 had more going on with better draw distance.

Around the Network
Griffin said:
Sqrl said:
libellule said:
OMG

4 pages for some news screens

THAT is completely crazy !!!

It is because a fight broke out over graphics...those always go on for a while. Especially when you throw in someone who doesn't know PC prices but thinks they do and uses it to make false claims about the cost to build a PC.

In the end he will figure out he is wrong when he notices the tom's hardware link which offers a $500 PC that will run Crysis on High.

The average consumer will not be able to play Crysis on high for $500, they don't know what newegg is and how to build their own PC.  They will go to Best Buy and leave spending $1000, and thats if they already have a screen, mouse and Keyboard.

Straw man.  That is you new nickname.  You've earned it.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

@selnor

MGS4 looks better....please don't make me laugh

as for GEOW 2....no I once again disagree..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

selnor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@selnor

there are no better grfx coming out this year...
I think MGS4 and GOW2 both look better. MGS4 looks more real, and GOW2 had more going on with better draw distance.

Lol, for a moment there I thought you were talking about God of War 2. :p

Still, who cares about all these marginal differences in graphics between these games. They all look good.  

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Fernando said:

Those are touched up pics. Yes, the shots are with the game engine, but touched up. Just like the first batch of Resistance 2 pics.

Besides, did you saw the new HD trailer of Project Origin? Looks a little better than Killzone 2, and it's still a beta.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34240.html

Your joking right ? That game looks far worse than Killzone 2 . I sawthe trailer in HD and the level of detail was way under what K2 does ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@selnor

MGS4 looks better....please don't make me laugh

as for GEOW 2....no I once again disagree..

Farcry 2, Stalker - Clear skies and Microsoft train simulator have better graphics than Killzone 2 off the top of my head.

Tease.

Microsoft has a train simulator....?

*edit* looking says yes...

That's rather odd to me, but I guess people might like it.

SpartanFX said:
mztazmz said:
sc94597 said:
mztazmz said:
This thread proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that fanboy goggles are very thick indeed. Most of you are flat out lying to yourselves because the thought of a game looking this good on PS3 is too painful to accept.

Then when you get called out on your BS, you realize you can't point out a CONSOLE game that looks as good so you jump over to Crysis.

You really start looking stupid when you bring up the game's high settings which need a $4000 PC to play.

The BOTTOM LINE is how good does Crysis look on a $400 PC?

KZ2 on PS3 makes Crysis on a $400 PC like like SHIT and you know it. But of course you can't admit it to anyone here.

Anti-Sony people are so pathetic and that's putting it mildly. I'm sure you'll all flame me for slapping you with a dose of reality so go right ahead. I'm not a 15 year old with no life so you won't hurt my feelings.
I pc was about 700 dollars and it could play crysis on very high. Crysis on low-medium looks better than killzone 2 and I got crysis to run at these settings on my friends 450 dollar pc. I bet it's easy to get it to run on a $400 dollar pc now compared to when crysis was released. Oh and btw, why shouldn't we compare the best graphics on pc to the best graphics on the ps3. Ps360 people do this all the time to wii games. We aren't anti-ps3, we are just fixing a false statement.

I pc? nice grammar.

Anyways your statement is the biggest load of BS I've seen in a long time. It's an insult to the intelligence of anyone who might read your post.

"Very high" on a $700 PC MY ASS.

here's the truth for anyone who cares: http://www.gemaga.com/2007/12/12/over-1800-in-video-cards-to-run-crysis-on-very-high

from the article:

"PC Games Hardware magazine has finally done it. They got Crysis to run smooth on very high with a Triple SLI video card setup. The cards alone cost over $1800. I didn’t even know they made power supplies that could output 1200W!"

"it barely even gets 37.9 FPS with this insane setup."

This was December of last year so don't even try to say that this rig costs $700 now.

It's real easy to lie about how well your system plays a game at home. Next time save yourself the embarassment.

let him lie man ,,he is 15,what do you expect?He has spammed every single KZ2 thread (in this thread it's ok since the title is about crysis and KZ2,,,which is a bad title by the way,,,casue I think they both look awesome).In most of KZ2 threads he keeps posting crysis pics that no one could experience with a PC cheaper than $2000 .

Actually btw I'm 14, and show me one other thread that was about KZ2 that I spammed crysis pics. The only other thread I've posted a pic of crysis was one that had nothing to do with KZ2. Oh and btw If you don't count a monitor/tv( which you need for a ps360 btw) my pc cost $700. I may have overclocked some things to run it that high, but it did. I meant to put most settings on high and some on very high btw.

Edit: Oh and I run it around 35 fps.  

sc94597 said:
SpartanFX said:
mztazmz said:
sc94597 said:
mztazmz said:
This thread proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that fanboy goggles are very thick indeed. Most of you are flat out lying to yourselves because the thought of a game looking this good on PS3 is too painful to accept.

Then when you get called out on your BS, you realize you can't point out a CONSOLE game that looks as good so you jump over to Crysis.

You really start looking stupid when you bring up the game's high settings which need a $4000 PC to play.

The BOTTOM LINE is how good does Crysis look on a $400 PC?

KZ2 on PS3 makes Crysis on a $400 PC like like SHIT and you know it. But of course you can't admit it to anyone here.

Anti-Sony people are so pathetic and that's putting it mildly. I'm sure you'll all flame me for slapping you with a dose of reality so go right ahead. I'm not a 15 year old with no life so you won't hurt my feelings.
I pc was about 700 dollars and it could play crysis on very high. Crysis on low-medium looks better than killzone 2 and I got crysis to run at these settings on my friends 450 dollar pc. I bet it's easy to get it to run on a $400 dollar pc now compared to when crysis was released. Oh and btw, why shouldn't we compare the best graphics on pc to the best graphics on the ps3. Ps360 people do this all the time to wii games. We aren't anti-ps3, we are just fixing a false statement.

I pc? nice grammar.

Anyways your statement is the biggest load of BS I've seen in a long time. It's an insult to the intelligence of anyone who might read your post.

"Very high" on a $700 PC MY ASS.

here's the truth for anyone who cares: http://www.gemaga.com/2007/12/12/over-1800-in-video-cards-to-run-crysis-on-very-high

from the article:

"PC Games Hardware magazine has finally done it. They got Crysis to run smooth on very high with a Triple SLI video card setup. The cards alone cost over $1800. I didn’t even know they made power supplies that could output 1200W!"

"it barely even gets 37.9 FPS with this insane setup."

This was December of last year so don't even try to say that this rig costs $700 now.

It's real easy to lie about how well your system plays a game at home. Next time save yourself the embarassment.

let him lie man ,,he is 15,what do you expect?He has spammed every single KZ2 thread (in this thread it's ok since the title is about crysis and KZ2,,,which is a bad title by the way,,,casue I think they both look awesome).In most of KZ2 threads he keeps posting crysis pics that no one could experience with a PC cheaper than $2000 .

Actually btw I'm 14, and show me one other thread that was about KZ2 that I spammed crysis pics. The only other thread I've posted a pic of crysis was one that had nothing to do with KZ2. Oh and btw If you don't count a monitor/tv( which you need for a ps360 btw) my pc cost $700. I may have overclocked some things to run it that high, but it did. I meant to put most settings on high and some on very high btw.

Edit: Oh and I run it around 35 fps.

Yeah LOL. Most people forget that if you wanna play KZ2 in 1080P add like £1000 to the PS3 price of £299. I can build a high end PC for that easy. 

KZ2 has 1000000 shades of gray, which can't be said for crysis, which actually features some colors (and not just orange). Sorry, this is my personal view, i hate brown/gray heavy FPSes

And i think that Crysis has better details too