By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CRYSIS Who?? -- NEW Killzone 2 Screens!! WOW!

epsilon72 said:
Aj_habfan said:
Did you guys read the 1UP preview? The game plays like shit.

Ruh-roh....do we have a repeat of Killzone 1 here? If what 1up says is true, and assuming the segment they played is a good representation of the overall gameplay, I'm thinkin' defnitely yes.

1up's preview

Did you guys read the preview?  Everything in it the guy complains about are staples of....what was that series called?  Call of Duty?  Infinitely respawning enemies, etc. are all "problems" that nobody really had a problem with in CoD4.  The only legimite complait he may have is that the game lacks color, but that's a stylistic choice that many, including myself, love in this situation.

And that guy is known for bitching about damn near everything, especially things ps3 related.

Most other hands-on impresssions (GameSpot, etc.) have had favorable previews of the game, in both gameplay and graphics.

Around the Network
mztazmz said:
Random Person B said:
Ug retarded. Seriously as a PC enthusiast this is EQUIVALENT to a wii owner starting the thread with this title:

PS3 who?? New wii game screens!! WOW?

This is what its like. People aren't jumping on the PS3. People are jumping over the fact you're making retarded claims. I don't hate sony, but it's insulting to think those screens can even beat Crysis in motion.

Also, mztazmz, congrats you have probably the single worst argument I have ever seen on vgchartz. Why did people buy a 600 dollar PS3? So they could tell the wii owners their 250 dollar graphics are pathetic compared to theirs. Who cares how much they paid for it, they still paid for it. Are you going to let Wii owners now say:

The BOTTOM LINE is how good does this game look on a $250 console?

Well are you? Cause that's what your argument is suggesting. I have one of those PCs that can run Crysis on very high. It costs me a little over 1800, including 2 monitors. Not some 4000 dollar monstrosity because I'm not retarded and built my own tower, like most PC gamers. And that was about 5 months ago. If you knew anything about the PC market you would know how fast prices fall, 700 dollars for a very high Crysis machine is very doable. (Ask me right now and I bet I can find parts good enough to run crysis that well on newegg for between 700-900 within an hour. Give me longer and I'll get it to 700). Hell even your article is from LAST YEAR, even before the next series of video cards came out.

So as it in a PS3 owner's ability to claim a wii owner has pathetic graphics, it is in my abilty as a PC gamer to claim the graphics of the PS3 are pathetic.

/rant over

that aside it looks pretty good for a console game.

I shop Newegg.com all the time so you can take your BS and shove it. I've been building my own PC's for 12 years so you just lied to the wrong person.

Also it was a PC magazine that stated the FACTS in that article about how much that system cost and that it got 37 frames per second on very high. I'll beleive them any day over your stupid BS.

I'll say it again, ANYONE can come here and make claims that they play Crysis on "very high" with such and such machine while every freakin PC game magazine and website in the world built a PC that costs 3-5 times as much as yours to get the same performance you claim.

Either all the expert PC builders that work for these publications are idiots, or you are lying. I think anyone with intelligence knows the answer.

Sigh. Please

G

S

O

basic harddrive + power supply < 150

1 hour. Between 700-900 as promised. And that was casually glancing. Like I said give me a little longer to see all the deals and I'll get it to 700. Squilliam was actually smarter than I was and found a counter example in a much easier and faster way. No one said anything about those PC builders from the publications being idiots. But your article is old. Again I state, if you knew anything about the PC market you would know how fast prices fall especially when a new series comes out. Here's a hint: a few of the video cards in the new series are double that of the ones in your article. Making a casual PC every now and then doesn't mean you know jack about the PC market. If you told those same guys that did the article that it still costs 4000 dollars to make crysis run on very high now, they would laugh at you. Maybe you should stop taking 6 month old advice. Just cause you're ignorant of how the PC market is doesn't mean I'm lying to you. I think you're wearing the fanboy goggles because it seems that the thought that the PS3 can't compare to the PC is too painful to accept. God a simple 10 minute trip to newegg, may not have been enough to convince you of a 700 dollar machine, but it should've convinced you that the notion of 4000 dollar machine is laughable.  If you still don't believe me because people like you love to ignore the facts: www.tomshardware.com go find the charts yourself. Im done with you.

WOW

Recipe to make a HUGE Thread..

Add in PS3>Anything

Insecure fanboys will get the thread to 4 pages instantly...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
WOW

Recipe to make a HUGE Thread..

Add in PS3>Anything

Insecure fanboys will get the thread to 4 pages instantly...

For added effect, make your conclusion false.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@NJ5

or put your honest opinion down

Around the Network

A few facts about Crysis for all the boys and girls.

1. It does not scale well with multi-gpu setups.
2. It likes lots of memory and bandwidth for its Very High setting.
3. Multi GPU setups put an overhead on the CPU that a single monolithic gpu does not.

The answer for the Crysis problem?

The Geforce GTX 280 - 240 Stream processors, each rumoured to be ~50% more efficient than the g80 ones. 512bit memory interface with 1gb GDDR3 for aprox 120gb second memory bandwidth. RRP - $599 Theres also a cheaper one with ~900mb of ram and 192 stream processors (GTS)

I would do an educated guess that with those specs, it would be at least 50% more powerful than the 9800gx2.

You could talk about the PC which includes it being more expensive than a PS3 but if you want better you have to pay more. I predict the graphics whores will leave the HD consoles if that is their number one priority. They're falling so far behind PCs now its getting sad.

Tease.

if you said, to me Killzone 2 screenshots are more aesthetically pleasing to me than crysis instead of implying they were technically better, we would have all been yeah, awesome dude. Cause thats an opinion, and we all love opinions.

NJ5 said:
ElRhodeo said:
OK, so they decided to make a monochrome game, but why not use the full scale between black and white?
All I see is millions of shades of graaaaaaaaaaay. Beautiful.

NOT.

They are using the full scale between black and white. That's the definition of gray itself ;)

I should have written "... the FULL scale between... ". Oh well. My lame joke attempt was aiming at the low contrast grey-only color scheme. Just gray, no black or white, let alone colors. 

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

Graphics are pretty good. But from the vids gameplay needs serious ramping up. Quite slow and unobjective. Same as the first one really. Plus There is better graphics about to come out this year.

@selnor

there are no better grfx coming out this year...