By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CRYSIS Who?? -- NEW Killzone 2 Screens!! WOW!

epsilon72 said:
Aj_habfan said:
Did you guys read the 1UP preview? The game plays like shit.

Ruh-roh....do we have a repeat of Killzone 1 here? If what 1up says is true, and assuming the segment they played is a good representation of the overall gameplay, I'm thinkin' defnitely yes.

1up's preview

The guy who wrote the preview only owns one next gen FPS game, and that includes PC games. The game is Gears of war on the 360, this guy is in no position to preview FPS games, and he does not even own a PS3. He then says that Killzone1 was a major disappointment for the PS2, when infact 1up gave it an 8/10. They then gave the PSP Killzone a 5/10 which is the second lowest score for the game, by that rating alone we can call them out for just being retarded. The only one who gave the game a lower rating where the retards at G4 and the xplay TV show.

"After a slight tweak to the sensitivity settings (the default halfway setting felt way too twitchy)" The fact that he says this proves that this guy should not be playing FPS games and be rating them. This would be like me giving my review of SMG and expecting people to except it as fact for all gamers.

He then goes on to bitch about respawning enemies on a far away bridge if he snipes them, all the enemies in CoD4 have constant re-spawning, no matter if you are right on top of them. This is for all the levels, and Cod4 was rated one of the best FPS games ever made.

"The game's subdued gray color palette certainly didn't help matters" He talks like he has played the entire game and this is what it will all be. He played one single level, which takes place when the sun is setting and they are fighting in a concrete military building structure, the dirt is the same colour becasue this is not earth. From that line alone we can also assume he has never seen the footage from the third level which is totally different from this part of level two. This would be like bitching because there is too much sand in the middle east where most of the other FPS games take place.

His preview is shit, and he is full of shit.

Around the Network

Wow we got ourselves yet another troll who thinks PCs cost more than 2 grand hahaha.

No, but seriously, mztazmz. $1000 will get you a machine that can play Crysis on very high settings. If you need a monitor and keyboard and all that crap you should already own or could buy at a freaking yard sale, but feel like emptying your pockets, you're looking at $1500 at most for a Crysis machine.

Stop with the BS, I'm telling you, my $800 machine can play Crysis at a high res with medium-high settings with a good framerate...I need more video memory and a better card for better performance...I could get that with another $200 or so card. That's $1000 invested.

Check your facts or cut the crap.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

OMG

4 pages for some news screens

THAT is completely crazy !!!

Time to Work !

libellule said:
OMG

It is because a fight broke out over graphics...those always go on for a while.  Especially when you throw in someone who doesn't know PC prices but thinks they do and uses it to make false claims about the cost to build a PC.

In the end he will figure out he is wrong when he notices the tom's hardware link which offers a $500 PC that will run Crysis on High.  

To Each Man, Responsibility
BenKenobi88 said:
Wow we got ourselves yet another troll who thinks PCs cost more than 2 grand hahaha.

No, but seriously, mztazmz. $1000 will get you a machine that can play Crysis on very high settings. If you need a monitor and keyboard and all that crap you should already own or could buy at a freaking yard sale, but feel like emptying your pockets, you're looking at $1500 at most for a Crysis machine.

Stop with the BS, I'm telling you, my $800 machine can play Crysis at a high res with medium-high settings with a good framerate...I need more video memory and a better card for better performance...I could get that with another $200 or so card. That's $1000 invested.

But what would it take to max the game out.  8cores with 6gb of fast gaming ram and some Future graphics card that have not been made yet.  That PC article had triple 8800 ultras and was not able to max it out.  I know you can get a Tower and fill it out and play Crysis for pretty cheap, considering my old computer can play CoD4 and UT3.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Esmoreit said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Esmoreit

or it could be a "Resistance" ---- 3 million...

or how about "Uncharted"

"MGS4"

I see all of the above three succeeding. Resistance got out the gate first and has a name for itself. Uncharted was, in my eyes, the first true AAA title on the PS3. MGS4 I doubt I'll even have to talk about.

Killzone 2, in my eyes, has the Haze Factor. And before that, the Lair factor. It looks great, but in the end will probably be just you standart fare. I don't see anything that makes it stand out as a shooter, apart from it's graphics. And we all know how well that worked for Crysis. 

And yes I do recognize sarcasm, but I had hoped I wouldn't have to explain my comment.

Haze never looked great.  In fact, it always lloked like crap.  People hyped it because it was developed by Free Radical.  The situation with Haze is the complete opposite of that with Killzone 2.  Haze was hyped because of the developer, KZ2 is being hyped based on what's been seen and played of the actual game.

When I say it "looked great" I don't just mean on a graphical level. I'm talking about the action, gameplay, all factors relevant to a videogame. That includes a developers resumé. Which as it seems is affecting Guarilla aswell to some point. As you can see from my third post in this thread (bottom 3d page) I really hope they succeed but as it stands, I'm just too sceptical for this title.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

ElRhodeo said:
OK, so they decided to make a monochrome game, but why not use the full scale between black and white?
All I see is millions of shades of graaaaaaaaaaay. Beautiful.

NOT.

They are using the full scale between black and white. That's the definition of gray itself ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Griffin said:
BenKenobi88 said:

But what would it take to max the game out. 8cores with 6gb of fast gaming ram and some Future graphics card that have not been made yet. That PC article had triple 8800 ultras and was not able to max it out. I know you can get a Tower and fill it out and play Crysis for pretty cheap, considering my old computer can play CoD4 and UT3.

I think you way overestimate the power of Tri-Sli 8800s. The major boost you get from a second card, let alone a third, is that they help immensely when it comes to handling AA at higher resolutions. I can easily play Very High settings at 1680x1050 and stay above 50FPS in crysis...but if I add low amounts of AA to that I need to turn SLI on or it quickly becomes unplayable. A lot of people just think SLI is x2 or x3 power but it doesn't work that way at all. You have to understand how the work is actually divided and adjust your settings properly to take advantage of it...this is also why a lot of folks think SLI is worthless..because they don't know what they're doing.

In the end does it really matter what machine it takes to max out crysis if it already looks better with budget machines?

Hell I would contend it doesn't actually matter that it looks better in the first place but if thats the criteria for which is better then there really isn't much of a discussion to be had.

Sqrl said:
libellule said:
OMG

It is because a fight broke out over graphics...those always go on for a while. Especially when you throw in someone who doesn't know PC prices but thinks they do and uses it to make false claims about the cost to build a PC.

In the end he will figure out he is wrong when he notices the tom's hardware link which offers a $500 PC that will run Crysis on High.

The average consumer will not be able to play Crysis on high for $500, they don't know what newegg is and how to build their own PC.  They will go to Best Buy and leave spending $1000, and thats if they already have a screen, mouse and Keyboard.

Griffin said:
Sqrl said:
libellule said:
OMG

It is because a fight broke out over graphics...those always go on for a while. Especially when you throw in someone who doesn't know PC prices but thinks they do and uses it to make false claims about the cost to build a PC.

The average consumer will not be able to play Crysis on high for $500, they don't know what newegg is and how to build their own PC. They will go to Best Buy and leave spending $1000, and thats if they already have a screen, mouse and Keyboard.

Sorry I'm not sure what you were driving at...?

The average consumer isn't interested in Crysis anyways.

Aside from that I could point out how some folks paid $2,000 for a PS3 at launch...just because someone pays more than something is worth doesn't mean it should be the price we all consider to be the norm.

edit: Again why does this really matter though? The PS3 looks good enough, and no console was ever going to stand up against PCs for long, PCs move to quickly for a console to keep up with high end visuals.