By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Trading GTA4 in for Boom Blox tomorrow

guess i'm now classed as a casual gamer but i've gave GTA4 (360 version) 38 hours to prove itself to me and it hasn't.  I started off loving it at first but it soon becomes clear it's just a fantastically polished, old fashioned linear affair where no matter what you try you always get lead back to the same story path. 

Sick of failing a mission, driving all the way back over town, trying again, hailing a taxi this time until you finally complete it then get to the next mission and repeating.  The Wi has ruined traditional gaming for me as I now cannot get into traditional games anymore and I just enjoy playing a Wii game through with the wife rather than her sat in the bedroom while I play on the 360.  Oh what it us to realise you're no longer a core gamer and you're just a casual, wii loving, gamer - but why fight it.

On Topic - i love puzzle games that are simple to understand but really challenge you (a la zak and wiki), is this the level of challenge i'll get with Boom Blox?

Around the Network

i agree with your choice. gta games are boring. boom blox actually looks interesting.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Looks like those pop-ins are bothering you......tch thc

j/k

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Well, a kid traded in his console and his bike for a support to Hilary Clinton. I suppose it makes your mistake looks tame. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

eh

Proud Owner of all 3 current-gen systems

Currently Playing:
SSBB, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, MKWii, GTA IV (360), MGS4, DQIV, Jeanne d'Arc, FFVII: Crisis Core, Chrono Trigger (PSX)

Mario Kart FC: 4897-6731-4375
SSBB FC: 1504-5406-8515
Wii Friends Code: 1020-2726-1535-3964

XBL:
PhatLaosBoi
PSN: PhatLaosBoi

Around the Network
Me said:

guess i'm now classed as a casual gamer but i've gave GTA4 (360 version) 38 hours to prove itself to me and it hasn't.  I started off loving it at first but it soon becomes clear it's just a fantastically polished, old fashioned linear affair where no matter what you try you always get lead back to the same story path. 

Sick of failing a mission, driving all the way back over town, trying again, hailing a taxi this time until you finally complete it then get to the next mission and repeating.  The Wi has ruined traditional gaming for me as I now cannot get into traditional games anymore and I just enjoy playing a Wii game through with the wife rather than her sat in the bedroom while I play on the 360.  Oh what it us to realise you're no longer a core gamer and you're just a casual, wii loving, gamer - but why fight it.

On Topic - i love puzzle games that are simple to understand but really challenge you (a la zak and wiki), is this the level of challenge i'll get with Boom Blox?

That's great... but no one cares.

Sorry 

darthdevidem01 said:
Looks like those pop-ins are bothering you......tch thc

j/k

Well they are a little excessive..... this is me playing GTAIV yesterday.

LongLiveTheBeatles said:
Me said:

That's great... but no one cares.

Sorry 

No one cares that you don't care.

Sorry.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

good, whatever floats your boat, boom blox seems nice, be sure to come back and leave some impressions after you've played it for a while

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.

lmao, the pop in in that video are ridiculous.

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong