By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Trading GTA4 in for Boom Blox tomorrow

Qly said:
good, whatever floats your boat, boom blox seems nice, be sure to come back and leave some impressions after you've played it for a while

will do - seems like the type of game that just grips you from the start , but it seems that everyone has the same things to say about it.  Everyone thats played it seems to love it.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
LongLiveTheBeatles said:
Me said:

guess i'm now classed as a casual gamer but i've gave GTA4 (360 version) 38 hours to prove itself to me and it hasn't.  I started off loving it at first but it soon becomes clear it's just a fantastically polished, old fashioned linear affair where no matter what you try you always get lead back to the same story path. 

Sick of failing a mission, driving all the way back over town, trying again, hailing a taxi this time until you finally complete it then get to the next mission and repeating.  The Wi has ruined traditional gaming for me as I now cannot get into traditional games anymore and I just enjoy playing a Wii game through with the wife rather than her sat in the bedroom while I play on the 360.  Oh what it us to realise you're no longer a core gamer and you're just a casual, wii loving, gamer - but why fight it.

On Topic - i love puzzle games that are simple to understand but really challenge you (a la zak and wiki), is this the level of challenge i'll get with Boom Blox?

That's great... but no one cares.

Sorry 

No one cares that you don't care.

Sorry.

Yea well no one cares that you don't care about the fact that I don't care but apparently you do care because you just responded. 

I can do this all day. 

Yes, the puzzles in Boom Blox can be just as brain-teasing as Zack and Wiki. On top of that, they require a certain amount of skill to complete properly. And on top of that, Boom Blox comes with excellent multiplayer modes and a level editor.

It might not deserve the 10s that some reviews have handed to it, but it's a high-quality title, and a serious contender for the best puzzle game on the platform.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Possum5454 said:
lmao, the pop in in that video are ridiculous.

That's not pop in, those are intentionally placed gameplay challenges that benefit the gamers experience by providing a unique mix of visual queues and on screen interactive feedback.

/sarcasm.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I'm sory to hear you wasted your money on GTA IV. Boom Blox would be a great alternative after reading your criterea of what you enjoy in a game. The co-op is great, the many different types of puzzles are usually very fun and engaging, the Create mode is well done and offers plenty of features, and in case you run out of puzzles in game you can look up puzzles from others I believe and add them in to your Create Mode. The controls are very precise, especially during Jenga-like puzzles where you have to pull out blocks from a greater whole without collapsing it. In fact this is the best implementation of the Wii-mote i've played yet, and definitely a game no other console could have housed. The only real omission in this game I miss is online play, which should have been a must. Then again, it probably would have been broken in simultaneous co-op since you couldn't communicate to your partner through voice chat. Overall, an excellent game and quite possibly my favorite Wii game yet.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

The Pop-in on Portal is the worst I've ever experienced. I can just pop in anywhere. :)

Tease.

LongLiveTheBeatles said:
Viper1 said:
LongLiveTheBeatles said:
Me said:

guess i'm now classed as a casual gamer but i've gave GTA4 (360 version) 38 hours to prove itself to me and it hasn't.  I started off loving it at first but it soon becomes clear it's just a fantastically polished, old fashioned linear affair where no matter what you try you always get lead back to the same story path. 

Sick of failing a mission, driving all the way back over town, trying again, hailing a taxi this time until you finally complete it then get to the next mission and repeating.  The Wi has ruined traditional gaming for me as I now cannot get into traditional games anymore and I just enjoy playing a Wii game through with the wife rather than her sat in the bedroom while I play on the 360.  Oh what it us to realise you're no longer a core gamer and you're just a casual, wii loving, gamer - but why fight it.

On Topic - i love puzzle games that are simple to understand but really challenge you (a la zak and wiki), is this the level of challenge i'll get with Boom Blox?

That's great... but no one cares.

Sorry 

No one cares that you don't care.

Sorry.

Yea well no one cares that you don't care about the fact that I don't care but apparently you do care because you just responded. 

I can do this all day. 

And yet you responded to the OP in the first place, which indicates that do care, contradicting your claim that you don't care. :P

Sorry.

Me said:

Unlike some people here, I am interested, and as far as I'm concerned you made a great choice. As far as whether you will like Boom Blox, I think it very likely because puzzle game that is simple to understand but really challenges you is a pretty damn good one line description of Boom Blox.

Don't mind the rude comments, they're upset because you're another deserter from "hard core" to  become a "waggler". Me too.

And hey guys, I don't give a rat's ass that you don't care.

wow thats some high praise - serious contender for best puzzle game and possibly best implementation of the Wiimote.

I really hope this game has some form of legs and at least racks up 500k WW sales.

It's only one person, calm the hell down and stop taking more cheap shots at those who don't want Boom Blox over GTA4.

Hey, good for you, uhh, "Me," that's a fine choice of a game there. And although I always frown up terrible and unnecessary product placement, buy Okami for the Wii. Sure, it's an evil niche, hardcore game, but you'd enjoy it.