By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

grandmaster192 said:
I'm looking to get into this game, and I have a few question for guys.

Are there Anti-Air moves that have high priority (ie. Shoryuken Genocide Cutter)?

Do some moves have, say, invisible start up time?

umm...some moves do have start up time, usually these moves are very powerful. not sure what you mean by anti-air moves that have high priority.

A lot of info can obviously be found on smashbros.com 

Around the Network

I like.

Red Alloy looks like Captain Falcon
Blue Alloy looks like ZZS
Yellow Alloy looks like Mario
Green Alloy looks like Kirby

Can we create a Smash Vgchartz tournament online? Betting VG$...

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

DonWii said:
I like.

Red Alloy looks like Captain Falcon
Blue Alloy looks like ZZS
Yellow Alloy looks like Mario
Green Alloy looks like Kirby

Just to mess with you, Sakurai will make Blue Alloy have Kirby's moves.

aHHH i'm starting to miss the fighting polygon already :( hope they make a special appearance .

Around the Network
grandmaster192 said:
I'm looking to get into this game, and I have a few question for guys.

Are there Anti-Air moves that have high priority (ie. Shoryuken Genocide Cutter)?

Do some moves have, say, invisible start up time?

There are a lot of anti-air moves with good priority. Samus, Falcon, Pikachu, and their clones all have a decent anti-air move with really good priority. I am unfamiliar with Samus, but with Falcon you have to either mid-air dodge or just take the hit as nothing (save an item) is going to knock him out of the attack.

What do you mean by "invisible" start up times? There are a healthy number of moves that have some warm up, but none that I would call invisible. 

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

I like Bacon said:

For some reason, when I saw the yellow alloy, I was thinking of the Geolytian people from Meteos. Although they are blue instead of yellow.

Sakurai was the lead designer of Meteos, so that's why they look similar...and that's why the Meteos main menu had a Smash feel to it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

These bots have too much character IMO. I might feel guilty when killing them in the thousands..

I love this update. Co-op Multi-Man Brawl is just amazing. I want everyone in this thread to know that I expect to play a round of Multi-Man Brawl with each and everyone one of you (Except Rol, since he won't be getting it but he comes in the thread anyway).

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

They'll reveal Captian Falcon tommorow.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089