Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Onimusha12 said:

ROSALINA confirmed as Assist Trophy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQF0s5E6vNs&eurl=http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=2693&start=7800

Look for it at the 1:10 mark of the video.

...? That's Gardevoir, from a pokeball and was confirmed awhile back around E for all if i'm not mistaken.

Around the Network

CURSES!!!! They look so much alike!

Originally posted by Gimpyfish of smashboards.

Kyogre – This is apparently some huge whale Pokemon, he sprays water way above the stage from what I saw and was near useless in that regard. The water does no damage, it simply does knock back like Mario’s FLUDD. Kyogre himself does damage and knock back if he touches you though.

Piplup – Piplup uses surf and is basically the new Marrill, but more effective. Surf seems to drag you off the stag much better than Marrill ever did. Still not that great of a Pokemon though.

Munchlax – Munchlax loves to eat items. As soon as an item appears he dashes to it real quick and eats it. I don't think he eats other pokeballs though

Bonsly – Apparently this stupid looking tree thing is called Bonsly. He doesn't do anything but wander around as far as I can remember, but you can pick him up and throw him at your opponents for some really big knock back.

Groudon – Groudon looks like you expect. He’s really big. He doesn't seem to really move very much if at all from what I remember, but if he touches you he does massive amounts of damage and knock back. Pretty cool visually I suppose.

Torchic – Torchic stays in place and Fire surrounds him. He is basically the Wheezing of Brawl. Does quite a bit of damage.

Chikorita – Same thing as in melee, but it seems harder to DI out of.

Snorlax – Snorlax does the same thing as in the other games, but seems to have even more knock back this time around.

Goldeen – Goldeen is again seemingly useless, HOWEVER with the new swimming feature added maybe we will see something happen if Goldeen flops into the water. But I doubt it.

Gardevoir– Gardivor basically comes out and makes a big circle force field around itself and floats around the screen. A lot of people didn't know what this Pokemon did, but it basically acts like a huge reflect zone on projectiles if they hit the circle. I'm not sure what happens if you use a projectile while inside of the circle though.

Latios/Latias – These Pokemon come out of the pokeball and immediately fly off screen. Then they fly VERY quickly back onto the screen across the stage doing big knock back and big damage. They are very fast, but it seemed like they missed more often than they landed their attacks.

These are all the confirmed pokemon as of right now, unless he missed something which is highly unlikely since he took spirals upon spirals of notes while at e for all.

Third Commercial:

Confirms that Dedede will float, if you couldn't catch it from the screens already.

Also shows Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash, which looks great.

That 3rd advert is easily the best in my opinion, newcomer footage x2.

Around the Network

For the lazy people, all three commercials together:

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

I don't think they will show 70% footage of people for the adverts... Brawl doesn't use motion sensing so what would be the point..' there might be a clip showing 4 people playing [1 with each control method?] but it won't take up most of the advert.

Cool I didn't know bowser could crawl.

EDIT: and yoshi too.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

elgefe02 said:

For the lazy people, all three commercials together:

me like^^

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

"# Kirby is more powerful this time around, as we have mentioned previously."

Yeah! Kirby was my main character in the original! Wonder how much better he is.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.