By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

I had read that there might be problems with both bluetooth and wifi being used at the same time. Is that why you're suggesting to never use wifi when you go online, or is this just common knowledge about online gaming in general? Haven't done any online gaming myself, obviously.

Around the Network

bluetooth and Wifi use the same frequency range (2.4GHz) but unless there are a lot of signals around (example, if you were to be in an apartment complex can see lots of other devices over bluetooth and wifi) then it is not really a problem.

I use Wifi and I had no lag problems playing strikers online when i rented it.

I did have a couple problems when the wireless router was on the other side of a metal filing cabinet, but the problems were solved by moving stuff around.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Ok, unless I missed something, this was the last list:

Character

Special Moves

Final Smash

Related Stage

Mario

2?

X

Delfino Plaza

Peach

X

Bowser

X

Wario

X

WarioWare

Donkey Kong

X

Rumble Falls

Diddy Kong

X

Yoshi

X

Yoshi’s Island

Zero Suit Samus

Norfair

Samus

X

Kirby

Yes

X

Meta Knight

X

Battleship Halberd

King DeDeDe

X

Pokemon Trainer

3/3/3

X

Pokemon Stadium 2

Pikachu

X

Link

X

Bridge of Eldin,
Melee Stage: Temple

Zelda

Snake

3(5)

Shadow Moses Island

Lucas

X

New Pork City

Fox

X

Lylat Cruise

Ice Climbers

X

The Summit

Pit

X

Skyworld

Ike

X

Castle Siege

Sonic

X

?

Smashville
Pictochat
Battlefield

There are 14 days of postings left, 11 of which could be accounted for above (but probably won't be) so...what are the next 14 (or 13 if they don't do anything special for launch day)?

That's right, I'm asking for the next 14 days of predictions, not a measley one day  

Assist trophies and items and a few game mode type updates. No new characters. Perhaps a song, no more than 2. One stage.
There, that's my general prediction

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Mine: One more stage (maybe Sonic's?), one more surprise character (Miis), final smash for zelda, final smash for Miis, 3 generic "this is how you play" updates, snake final smash, 2 more assist trophies, 1 item, Pikachu special moves, special costumes for one of the characters, and... um... one more...hmmm how about a "It's available, go and get it and find out yourself...unless you live outside of Japan then I guess you'll just have to wait" update. And songs intermixed in some of those updates, likely the stage.

You know what, I think I'm expecting too much. This game has so much in it, that now I'm expecting more.

Around the Network

The 7th through the 11th had better be good updates.

Damn Japan gets game early that means I must avoid the internet fearing big spoilers -_- ...,but the hype build up is too much :/ ahhhH!!!!!

I am going to completly ruin the game for me. I just have to know everything! I always try to keep away of the spoilers, but I must know them!!!!

I'm going to TRY to avoid spoilers. But I highly doubt everything can be revealed so quickly on such a huge game.

I've been avoiding any form of spoilers since Sonic was announced to be a playable character. The latest news I heard was that Brawl will be online which I can't remember if it was before or after Sonic confirmation. Sonic and online were expected anyways. I just hope that none of the characters I know of are hidden characters. I want my experience with brawl to be full of surprises.

edit: 7777th poster on this thread :)