By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

MrPickles said:
mikey said:
I've been avoiding any form of spoilers since Sonic was announced to be a playable character. The latest news I heard was that Brawl will be online which I can't remember if it was before or after Sonic confirmation. Sonic and online were expected anyways. I just hope that none of the characters I know of are hidden characters. I want my experience with brawl to be full of surprises.

edit: 7777th poster on this thread :)

Online Smash Bros. was the first thing confirmed for Wii (then Revolution) before we knew anything about specs or control.

Rockfield said the game was going to have online ages ago, but it was in the same sentence he promised it was going to be a launch title. These things are liable to being changed almost to the last minute, and it only became really, really confirmed when they had it on the Dojo.

Around the Network

Let's speculate - We all know there will be unlockable characters that havn't been talked about yet like Luigi.

I'm 90% certain they'll include an unlockable Sega and Konami character but whom?

I'm guessing either Tails or Knuckles, probably Tails with NiGHTS having an outside chance.

For Konami I'd guess another MGS character, but Simon Belmont or Power Pro player are definate possiblities too.

I want Sarah Kerrigan.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

Luigi, Jigglypuff, C. falcon, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Mr. G&W...

Just some that should be making a reapperance.

Simon B., Mega Man, Balloon fighter, to name a few possible newcomers.

New Info from Jump Festa:

# Kirby's Final Smash does about 35% damage.
# The Soccer Ball bursts into flames when used. It cannot be countered or caught.
# The clock SLOWS DOWN time. It does not FREEZE time. Your oppnents are slowed down, but sometimes it can have a "dud" effect like the hammer, and slow you down also.
# Lucas's PK Freeze is much more mobile than Ness's old PK Flash
# Snakes's Landmine attack is REMOTE, not PROXIMITY.
# New FE Music: "The Kingdom of Bern". I don't know much about FE, but I guess there's a city in FE called Bern and it has a battle of some sort.
# Regigigas, Metagross, Onix and Garchomp are Poke Ball Pokemon. Metagross does Earthquake, Onix does the same from Smash 64, and Regigigas turns red and uses what is thought ot be Crush Grip.
# New info on Rosalina's AT: She hovers around and throws star pieces, which can be picked up and used to recover damage. A Luma also come sout with her.
# Pit and Pokemon Trainer both speak during their Final Smashes. PT's english version of his speaking part seems to be the same as the text that appears on screen, "Take That! Triple Finish!"
# Kirby is more powerful this time around, as we have mentioned previously.
# Wario is powerful, but has a lot of start-up lag.
# Pegasus Knight from the Fire Emblem series as an AT
# Zelda's Din's Fire has been Nefred a bit.

This information was discovered by Shortfuse of Smashboards, based on some japanese websites, interviews, and Jumpfiesta Impressions.

http://www.brawlcentral.com/

Around the Network

Pretty sweet info

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Whoa is all that info credible? They played as Zelda, but don't mention Sheik? Rosalina? Soccer Ball? I'm out of touch!!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Nice find DonWii. I'd heard about Rosalina but I'm confused about the soccer ball too. What is that from?

A clock that slows everything down or just slows you down
cool

BenKenobi88 said:
Whoa is all that info credible? They played as Zelda, but don't mention Sheik? Rosalina? Soccer Ball? I'm out of touch!!

^ What he said!