By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

BenKenobi88 said:
Snake debuted in Metal Gear for the NES, and he starred in Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes on Gamecube...a remake of the Playstation original.

Sonic's had a couple Adventure games on GC, a few GBA and DS games, as well as Sonic and the Secret Rings for Wii...plus Mario and Sonic at the Olympics will debut before Brawl.

So yes...they've been on Nintendo consoles...the majority of FF characters you guys speak of wouldn't make much sense to join.

CORRECTION: Snake debuted in Metal Gear for the MSX.  Then it was ported to the NES.

The only FF character that would EVER make sense would be one that's in several games, like a moogle, a chocobo, or a black mage, but... it shouldn't happen and won't happen.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Around the Network
rage4dorder said:
twesterm said:
Does anyone else love how any thread can turn into a what villain is better: Kefka or Sephiroth argument?

yes, and the obvious answer is Zeromus.

I mean Kefka. =)

but it's not important.

Zeroums > Kefka > Sephiroth.  End of story.  Back to discussing Smash:

It's OBVIOUS that the most popular characters with the longest histories and most developed backstories and most nuanced personalities are Popo and Nana, the Ice Climbers, and they're already in the game, so we should stop discussing this crap.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

@ Rubang, you forgot Pit and Mr Game & Watch

more retro characters are welcome: Balloon Fighter, Bubble Bobble, Bomberman, Arthur from Ghost 'n Goblins..

but I have to say no against Pacman, just because he looks silly with legs! And we have enemy eating characters with Kirby and Yoshi already who have far superior movesets.

Zeldas fs monday!

Joemanji said:

@ Rubang, you forgot Pit and Mr Game & Watch

more retro characters are welcome: Balloon Fighter, Bubble Bobble, Bomberman, Arthur from Ghost 'n Goblins..

but I have to say no against Pacman, just because he looks silly with legs! And we have enemy eating characters with Kirby and Yoshi already who have far superior movesets.

I agree with you with Pit, and I disagree with you with Mr. Game and Watch. He was one of Nintendo's first characters and was Game and Watch was Nintendo's first handheld. He had a ton of games. Does anyone know how many?

Around the Network

Oh I predict the Norfair level from Metroid for Monday, I found out it's in the game reading IGN's hands on, a must read:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826602p1.html

Yeah, I pointed out the Metroid stage a day or two ago.

I predicted the Metroid stage on Wednesday actually, because we saw a tiny bit of it in the video that came with the first Sonic update.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

In case YOU didn't realize...
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748545/vids_1.html
The Metroid stage is the second video...standard rising and falling lava stage.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Thanks for the link Ben

@ Bacon: here's a list of Mr Game & Watch titles, not all of them include Mr. Game & Watch though:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_%26_Watch_games 

That is a lot of games. and how come no one has said anything about Ice Climber's stage?