By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Does anyone else love how any thread can turn into a what villain is better: Kefka or Sephiroth argument?

Around the Network

I would actually love Sora. I think he fits the style of the game really well. Still, I just don't think we are getting any other 3rd party characters. My guess is that the last "missing" franchise icon is Pikmin and Captain Olimar will be the other character. Think about it. Every one of Nintendo's current major franchises was represented in the last game except for the two that were added last generation. Pikmin and Animal Crossing. Animal Crossing now has representation, so it would make sense that the next one they would add would be Pikmin. Of course I could be wrong and it could be some retro franchise too, but I still think it's most likely to be C. Olimar.

Delay make Hulk mad!!!!

Seriously though I wonder if this delay wasn't in response to a third party company wanting a character of theirs added at the last minute. 

Capcom - Vietiful Joe? Mega Man? Resident Evil character?

Square-Enix - Sora? Black Mage? Dragon Quest character?

Bandai-Namco - Pacman? Floyd (Tales of Symphonia)? Baiten Kaitos character? 

OH MY GOD! PACMAN WOULD BE THE ULTIMATE COMPLETION OF THE VIDEO GAME HERO TRILOGY! Mario vs Sonic vs Pacman! 

If it was Pacman AND Megaman then I would agree with you. However, we are only allowed 1 more 3rd party character at most according to Sakurai and I doubt we are even getting that.

pacman or megaman can be cool

Around the Network

Hmm, so apparently the cinemats in Brawl are pre-rendered, at least according to this guy. Watch the vid around the 9 minute mark.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=27151

I suppose Naz and I were wrong. Oh well.

I knew they were pre-rendered, they looked so smooth and nice.

No I knew they were pre-rendered. The part that I was debating about a couple months back (and asked your opinion on) is whether the picture of Link that we linked to Legend was pre-rendered or not. I knew parts of that video were FMV. If you can dig up that topic I even marked which parts of the video were specifically FMV. However, the graphics are so smooth and clean and everything is so detailed in the actual game that there isn't much difference.

Sephiroth

God, don't make us dig up that horrid "debate" again...it was just us trying to explain to a few people the difference between pre-rendered and ACTUAL ingame graphics...the problem basically came down to the fact that Legend simply didn't believe the ingame graphics were real.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )