By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

And I'm extremely sick of the FF predictions around here and also the general internet.

Only characters that have been featured on Nintendo consoles are eligible to fight!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

There will not be another third party character. There's no good reason for one.

twesterm said:
Does anyone else love how any thread can turn into a what villain is better: Kefka or Sephiroth argument?

yes, and the obvious answer is Zeromus.

I mean Kefka. =)

but it's not important. 

You Spoony Bard!

Banjo-Kazooie! Just kidding! The duo would have been a perfect fit!

A Killer Instinct character like Fulgore or Spinal would be great as an assist trophy.. performing an ultimate combo to your opponents! Since it's a Nintendo property it would be a 1000 times more likely than any Final Fantasy Character.

I bet the other 3rd party character will be a Capcom character: Mega Man, Leon S. Kennedy, Viewtiful Joe or even Ryu.

My money is on Pacman, Lloyd, Megaman or Sora

Around the Network

Disregard

I think Mega Man has a good shot, as does Olimar. I'll explain my reasoning later. 

Snake debuted in Metal Gear for the NES, and he starred in Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes on Gamecube...a remake of the Playstation original.

Sonic's had a couple Adventure games on GC, a few GBA and DS games, as well as Sonic and the Secret Rings for Wii...plus Mario and Sonic at the Olympics will debut before Brawl.

So yes...they've been on Nintendo consoles...the majority of FF characters you guys speak of wouldn't make much sense to join.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Who is Olimar?

Hope the screen works, the guy with the space suit is Olimar from the Pikmin games. Don't see how he will fit in the game! He has no moves! The Pikmin he controlls don't have much potential to have a lot of moves either. I don't see how it will work. However he might make a great assist trophy. Just imagine he sends hundreds of Pikmin on the stage to carry you and throw you off the stage!

Sonic has been on the GC, the GBA, the DS, and the Wii.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.