By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

BenKenobi88 said:
Uhh...how does this confirm Marth?

These aren't Marth's moves. Why would they cut Marth's moves? Now that we know Ike isn't a Marth/Roy clone, it's a good sign that at the very least, their moveset is coming back. Next time I'll put big brackets saying [***SPECULATION***] so you don't miss it.

Anyways. No flinch on certain moves for heavyweights. That's huge.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network

Very cool looking moves. Should be a fun character.

BenKenobi88 said:

Why did everyone expect Peach? Haha. You see why I don't put things on the list right away? We've got a few months ahead of us...plenty of time for a Peach update.

We got Donkey Kong the day after he appeared in the new mini-trailer, so Peach seemed pretty logical to a lot of people.

Ike is surprisingly different to Roy and Marth, having different moves, and appearing a good bit heavier. With all those cuddly Nintendo fluffballs, I suppose a normal human is pretty darn heavy. =P 

Doesn't exactly confirm Marth or Roy, but definitely makes their appearance more likely. 

I like his specials..SWORD-RYU-KEN! I love the expression on Bowser face too. Shouldn't we get a music update this week? Fire Emblem theme perhaps?

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

His up attack is very similar to kirby's...unless they've changed it.

Around the Network

Very nice the first move looks similar to Ike's Ocult (Sol/Luna) special from FE:PoR.

Just wished they had used Ike’s “Lord” classed up form instead of his standard form  

Why haven't you added: Nintendog, Hammer Bro., Goldeen, and Chikorita? They will obviously never get their own updates.

I just realised this is one of the biggest updates yet. Heavy characters have attacks during which they are immune to flinching. This means slow and heavy characters are much more competitive against the faster ones that dominated Melee. A pretty significant improvement to gameplay as a whole if you ask me.

Now if they'd only give us Ganondorf with a huge sword...

Erik Aston said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Uhh...how does this confirm Marth?

These aren't Marth's moves. Why would they cut Marth's moves? Now that we know Ike isn't a Marth/Roy clone, it's a good sign that at the very least, their moveset is coming back. Next time I'll put big brackets saying [***SPECULATION***] so you don't miss it.

Anyways. No flinch on certain moves for heavyweights. That's huge.

CONFIRMED means it's no longer speculation, it's been CONFIRMED.  :P

IKE!!!

Damn I must buy this game now!

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!