By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rare:Banjo 3 is 80% vehicle.

SaviorX said:
 The vehicle control better be good. You don't want another Lair (j/k)

Last I checked the sixaxis was only on the PS3...

Zing!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

Rare has created a new genre: vehicle platformer. In this day and age when almost all genres are exhausted, this is quite an achievement. (unless someone can name other vehicle platformers I dont know about). Now, with 7 months more till release, the proof will be in the playing. If anything, this is building up more hype for new audiences to the Banjo franchise.

Disappointing. Really, really disappointing.

Oh well, it's a rental. I'll give the game a shot but I really wanted more of a platformer.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I have no issues with the game concept. The issues I have is that it's NOT Banjo Kazooie anymore. I had teh same issues with Mario 64 going to Mario Sunshine, Star fox 64 going to starfox armada(whatever the heck the gamecube version was), and Zelda when the shifted to Zelda 2(and heck, they technically hadn't even established what the franchise was at that point)
This could have been an entirely new franchise with new characters if they thought it was such a great concept for a game, or at the very least a spinoff from the series instead of a sequel.

I actually have a couple of ideas why Rare went this way with the series:

They had so many different abilities for you to learn in the first game, and then you learned even more in the second game, they didn't have anywhere to go in the third game. The didn't want to take away any of your abilities from the first two games, but they couldn't come up with enough to add to the game, so they decided to shift the entire paradigm of the game instead. You don't lose any of your old moves, but you would still need to be taught how they apply to the new circumstances and learn new moves that are specifically geared to the new gameplay.

The other possibility that I see as likely is that Rare is trying to simplify the artistic demands on their workforce. It's a lot easier to design building blocks for cars in which the pieces always stay the same shape as they move. It's a lot more difficult to animate a bird being squashed and stretched.
From what I've seen so far in the actual previews of the game, the object models are all spectacularly rendered in great detail, but there is very little that actually changes shape at any point in the game. Which means that the game animations are much less demanding than they might have been otherwise.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

I think it looks interesting and might be quite entertaining.

Around the Network

@mrstickball

the funny thing is its is mainly XBox 360 owners saying they are disappointed..

and if that actually does happen then it will be liked & enjoyed by people

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

At first I was upset that it wasn't going to be a classic platformer also but then I though if this game is one of the first to use the x-mote or whatever it'll be called and turns out well it could be huge. It may not be classic BK but what if it's being developed for that new controller to show it off and they are just using the BK name to try to get some fans of the franchise to jump on.

I will pass this one... I have good memories with original one and those not deserve to be destroyed...

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Well, I guess this is the last nail in Rare's coffin. All that was good about them before has faded away.

Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!