By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Tales of Vesperia and Infinite Undiscovery set for August?

I'm surprised not many people see why these games are being released on the 360.

Hint: What's the 360 strongest region is NA

Answer: They want to expand their sales in NA, to broaden their target and Microsoft wants to expand in Japan.. what better relationship then this??

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

I though nobody had really heard anything about infinite undiscovery, and that it was not coming out for a long time

Also, the last remnant should be coming out around then, as should Eternal Sonata for PS3, so the summer will be filled with RPGs

darthdevidem01 said:
I don't know what possessed them to make it 360 exclusive..it makes no sense

It makes perfect sense. The HD console market is non existant in Japan. Japan, despite recent trends, is still the biggest market for RPGs. MS, unlike Sony, seems to be willing to give 3rd parties money for JRPG exclusives. Taking MS's money guarantees the third party that the game will be profitable. Placing the game on the PS3 offers not such guarantee. Particularly when you consider that the PS3 is doing terrible in Japan. After the exclusivity contract has run its course, the third party can thing port the game to PS3 and no matter how many copies they sell on PS3 the game will be near pure profit for them. Meanwhile, MS hurts the PS3 while getting potential hardware sales to boot. 

NeoRatt said:
Gamestop USA web site also has Tales of Vesperia in the USA for August 19th, so it is not only IGN.

So both Too Human and Tales of Vesperia, two of the most anticipated 360 games come out on the same day, genius!

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
NeoRatt said:
Gamestop USA web site also has Tales of Vesperia in the USA for August 19th, so it is not only IGN.

So both Too Human and Tales of Vesperia, two of the most anticipated 360 games come out on the same day, genius!
In our little circle they're anticipated. To the general populace both releases are basically non factors, especially Tales of Vesperia.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

That's totally stupid!!

You shouldn't do that to a RPG fan's wallet! Too cruel!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlaw - Most 360 owners are getting used to recieving a slew of great RPGs at the same time.

Last year, we had Two Worlds, Blue Dragon, and Eternal Sonata at the same time, with Mass Effect about 1 and 1/2 months after ES.

Then early this year, we got Lost Odyssey, Culdcept Saga, and Kingdom Under Fire pretty close to eachother.

Such is the horrible fate of the 360 RPG fan: too many RPGs, too little time.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Microsoft needed something like this in Japan. So far they've only had one big release followed by nothing. Now they will have a string of hits which may boost their sales enough to maybe get a sustained increase for a while.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

mrstickball said:
outlaw - Most 360 owners are getting used to recieving a slew of great RPGs at the same time.

Last year, we had Two Worlds, Blue Dragon, and Eternal Sonata at the same time, with Mass Effect about 1 and 1/2 months after ES.

Then early this year, we got Lost Odyssey, Culdcept Saga, and Kingdom Under Fire pretty close to eachother.

Such is the horrible fate of the 360 RPG fan: too many RPGs, too little time.

Yes, but I don't see the slew of great RPGs. For 2007, Eternal Sonata and Mass Effect were fantastic, and I'll keep the jury out on BD b/c I am going to try Blue Dragon again because you love it so much.

For 2008, Lost Odyssey is the best RPG they've released by far. Awesome game.

But pleases tell me that you don't think that Two Worlds, Culdcept Saga, and Kingdom Under Fire are great games.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I'm surprised that ToV would have a release date already. Even the JP version of ToV doesn't have a set release date as of now. The namco website just lists "2008" for the JP ver. of ToV.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"