By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Tales of Vesperia and Infinite Undiscovery set for August?

ckmlb said:
What a dumb idea, releasing both big exclusive JRPGs of the year in the same month? I know I'll buy them both if they're good, but I'm sure many will pick and choose.
Well understand that two different third party publishers(Square and Namco) control the dates on these games and I don't think they're exactly communicating to eachother on the matter.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
darthdevidem01 said:
I don't know what possessed them to make it 360 exclusive..it makes no sense

Namco and MS have been bed buddies for awhile now.  I don't know how it happened, it just did... Look at Eternal Sonata and Ace Combat.

Yeah, and both of those are supposedly coming to PS3 at some point, so we'll see...

Slimebeast said:
I keep forgetting, is Infinite Undiscovery exclusive to the X360? And who is making it?
Its made by Square Enix and as far as I know its 360 exclusive.

I hope that one of the Tales games come out in the summer.

myspace.com/neorayj

FaRmLaNd said:
Slimebeast said:
I keep forgetting, is Infinite Undiscovery exclusive to the X360? And who is making it?
Its made by Square Enix and as far as I know its 360 exclusive.

Its actually made by Tri-Ace the guys who do StarOcean.

Around the Network

Gamestop USA web site also has Tales of Vesperia in the USA for August 19th, so it is not only IGN.

Well I know what I'm getting that day :P

Former something....

SuperLloyd said:
Godot said:
I wonder if Tales of Vesperia will make it to PS3 after it colossal failure on the 360. I am saying that because Tales games do usually poorly outside of Japan (except for Symphonia).

If the game was ported to a console it would most likely be the Wii. The marginal increase in userbase probably wouldn't offset the costs of also bringing it to the PS3. It isn't exactly the same situationas last generation.

Of course, Namco could choose to ignore the game outright like they did with Tales of the Tempest.

Dude there has already been discussion about it heading to the PS3 down the line.The wii cant handle that level of celshading and textures and plus the wii is already getting TOS.

Cool. They will both come out before I leave to Japan in September for 5 months.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Namco can put Tales out in the US/Japan pretty close together. Remember Eternal Sonata? The game was actually done for US release in June or July, but they held it off for September hoping to get more sales with the Halo rush.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.