By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mad World ( Platinum Games ! )

Oh my god x1000

Most anticipated Wii game period.

Even with the crappy footage it looked beautiful.

These people cannot make a bad game if they tried.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
Oh my god x1000

Most anticipated Wii game period.

Even with the crappy footage it looked beautiful.

These people cannot make a bad game if they tried.

I don't know about that , but it;s up there for me too. 

the vid aint working

but heres another 

Seems to be a similar trick to Okami. The cool art style was to get around the PS2's lack of texture compression. So this looks like a way to get around the lack of HD textures.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Seems to be a similar trick to Okami. The cool art style was to get around the PS2's lack of texture compression. So this looks like a way to get around the lack of HD textures.

It's too bad that game developers have to be 'forced' to do things artistically.

I do like the style, but the brutality in this game leaves me cold. I don't fully understand why I thought it was fine in No More Heroes, but here it seems to go too far.

Ah well, they might tone things down a bit before release to appease the rating boards. We'll see how it looks when it hits the shelves.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

Looks cool actually. The gore and blood really contrasted the black and white style nicely. I hope it releases soon and has some good gameplay behind it.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

famousringo said:

I do like the style, but the brutality in this game leaves me cold. I don't fully understand why I thought it was fine in No More Heroes, but here it seems to go too far.

Maybe it has something to do with in No More Heroes your brutality is limited to cutting off heads, cutting people in half, and stabs. In this game's teaser we're shown a character chainsaw-ing someone, stabbing someone threw the head with a sign post, repeatedly impaling a person against a spiked wall, and ripping out a man's heart with his bare hand and crushing it.

You're probably not fine with it since it's simply appears far more brutal than No More Heroes. 

It's too bad that game developers have to be 'forced' to do things artistically.

Some developers like those. It acts as a check on good programming. That's why it's even good that the PS3 and 360 don't have that much memory.

Not all art is from lack of restrictions. A lot of art is successfully utilizing restrictions.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LOL I still dont get it why make this game too violent for some of you. There is one game created by High Voltage wiiware BTW which is more disturbing than this one. Its animales de la muerte, chimps eating each other brains, a grown man handling 3 year olds ak 47s, gore, violence, chainsawing and with cutesy style graphics.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UjbmKW2EZdE

^ This is worse than that game

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Cool... lots of good Wii games coming up. Can't wait! This is going to be one heck of a year.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.