By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mad World ( Platinum Games ! )

Nintendo Zealot said:
looks kinda like No More Heroes, but less budget.

Do you even know how much NMH cost in the first place? 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
So, did the video have any indication of how it takes advantage of the Wii-Mote?

No, it just looked like a short promo movie of what seemed to be execution moves. No hint of it how it was controlled.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Nintendo Zealot said:

All I know is it didn't cost much, after all it is a Suda51 game. Do you know the exact amount?

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Nintendo Zealot said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Nintendo Zealot said:

All I know is it didn't cost much, after all it is a Suda51 game. Do you know the exact amount?

The point is that we don't know. This game could have a bigger budget. Just because the color depth is lower is no indication of lower budget, especially when I saw what was done with the graphics outside of the color depth. This is a way to get around really low texture resolution, if even that, which would allow for a lot of room elsewhere. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Resident_Hazard said:
DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!!! I'm at work and can't watch any of the videos and now everyone is saying they're gone?! Dammit!! I'm starving for some of the old ultraviolence, since I can't afford an Xbox360 yet (and I gotta have it for Splatterhouse and Bioshock).

Violent, adult-oriented games are exactly what the Wii needs. I hope Nintendo doesn't puss out on these mature titles. We'd better be seeing videos, promotional trailers, and even downloadable playable demos on the Nintendo Channel for these things. Each Wii has a built-in parental lock, so it's not like there's any harm in advertising these games through there. It better happen or Nintendo really is setting themselves, and third party devs, up for failure.

You put a little blood in a game and suddenly the "Nintendo needs to sell other publisher's games for them because I said so" absurdity starts right back up. I can't make sense of it in the least.

And no, "violent adult-oriented games" are not what the Wii needs. Competent third party games is what it needs, and these aren't measured by the gallons of blood the game may contain.

I am SuperLloyd!

(Im)patiently awaiting the Dawn of the New World!

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
Nintendo Zealot said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Nintendo Zealot said:

The point is that we don't know. This game could have a bigger budget. Just because the color depth is lower is no indication of lower budget, especially when I saw what was done with the graphics outside of the color depth. This is a way to get around really low texture resolution, if even that, which would allow for a lot of room elsewhere.

I just realized the confusion. I was saying NMH is budget (low budget) and that Mad World looks less budget (less low budget). I was trying to say I thought it looks better than NMH. Although it is pretty tough to tell because of the low quality of the recording.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Nintendo Zealot said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Nintendo Zealot said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Nintendo Zealot said:

I just realized the confusion. I was saying NMH is budget (low budget) and that Mad World looks less budget (less low budget). I was trying to say I thought it looks better than NMH. Although it is pretty tough to tell because of the low quality of the recording.

Phrasing confusion. I see. As for the game, I don't think it's going to be high budget anyway, but it does look nice. I'm not sure if there's a video up right now, but when we saw a close up of his hand, I thought it was a 360 game for a second. 

Aargh all the vids are down X_X?

konnichiwa said:
Aargh all the vids are down X_X?

Everywhere was withdrawn,even in Youtube!!!Apparently Sega demand the withdrawal.

Damn,I really want to see the video.

Here's another video of it, its working. Dont tell anyone, or else SEGA will delete this video again...

http://www.dailymotion.com/thatdambgood/video/9093913

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg