By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where Will Kingdom Hearts 3 Go?

Red*Pokemon*Trainer said:
@sc94597-Both games are prequels.

Not really--358/2 Days begins shortly after Roxas' creation and chronicles what goes on in the Organization from then until KH2.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Sqrl said:
Euphoria14 said:
Sqrl said:

I have read your posts actually, but if all you see is success on the PS brand then you quite clearly need to open your eyes. There is a lot more to this than the past, past sales mean precisely jack, this is a new generation and the situation has changed immensely.

You can backpeddle if you like but you made the statement so don't get defensive if I call you on it.

As I said, if your logic is correct and mine is completely flawed please explain why Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, etc... have not jumped ship yet.

I am going on past history, which shows facts. Your going only based on the fact that you think it will go there based on userbase.

I am not being defensive either, if I was then I would be for PS3 only and not a multi platform release.

My eyes are wide open by the way. Thanks for letting me know I am blind not once, but twice.

I just like to make opinions based on fact, not speculation.

You really shouldn't edit your post when the thread moves this fast, its easy for folks to miss it.

Anyways, your past history is based on the situation from the past, the situation has changed significantly...what part of that don't you get?

Your welcome for letting you know, and no they weren't open because you are still trying to use the information from when the PS2 was ahead by 60+ million consoles as if it is valid for the PS3 which is behind by 13+ million.

PS - Opinions based on facts aren't opinions, they are statements.

Saying that I feel it should also be released on the PS3 due to past success if not called a statement. It is called an opinion.

Follow the conversation, you can't apply every statement I make as if it is a responce to every statement you make.  The breaks in my responce correspond with the breaks in your responce...in this case I skipped responding to the first portion because I already had done so, but you edited.

The comment was aimed at your last line, nothing more.   

To Each Man, Responsibility
Kasz216 said:
BMaker11 said:
Kasz216 said:
@Kasz216- Out of all of the rpgs on the PS3 how many are well known or even good? stop spining things with illogical data not relevant to the topic.

Yeah. That's spinning. Not comparing No More Heroes to Ratchet and Clank.

Comparing sales of RPGs... for an RPG series.

It's actually a lot more relevant than anything Bmaker has pointed out.

Oblivion: Metacritic Rating 93.

Dragon Quest Swords Rating 65.

Sales: About even. DQS... no europeon release data.

You're failing to realize the kind of appeal these games have, RPG or not. Why is it that Mario and Sonic (in total) sold more than Gears of War? Because these "casual" games are what appeal to current Nintendo gamers, not niche titles. KH may not be a "hardcore" game, but it sure isn't a casual one

I don't know.  Legend of Zelda certaintly sold well.  I don't think many people would consider that a casual game... that's for sure.

Comparing games from different genres makes no sense. 

1st party non casual Nintendo games have proven to sell well on Nintendo consoles. 3rd party non casual has been a different story.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
BMaker11 said:
Kasz216 said:
@Kasz216- Out of all of the rpgs on the PS3 how many are well known or even good? stop spining things with illogical data not relevant to the topic.

You're failing to realize the kind of appeal these games have, RPG or not. Why is it that Mario and Sonic (in total) sold more than Gears of War? Because these "casual" games are what appeal to current Nintendo gamers, not niche titles. KH may not be a "hardcore" game, but it sure isn't a casual one

I don't know.  Legend of Zelda certaintly sold well.  I don't think many people would consider that a casual game... that's for sure.

1st party non casual Nintendo games have proven to sell well on Nintendo consoles. 3rd party non casual has been a different story.

Zing!

thekitchensink said:

Not really--358/2 Days begins shortly after Roxas' creation and chronicles what goes on in the Organization from then until KH2.

But the secret ending to KH2 was from the past like 10 years before KH1 i think.

Around the Network

Alright, I'm actually enjoying this, as it is a nice, civilized discussion......but it's 3 am where I'm at, and I have an interview tomorrow.

PLEASE DON'T LET ANYONE DERAIL THIS!!! Because this game is one of the top 5 on my radar, and I love talking about it

Sqrl said:
Euphoria14 said:
Sqrl said:
Euphoria14 said:
Sqrl said:

I have read your posts actually, but if all you see is success on the PS brand then you quite clearly need to open your eyes. There is a lot more to this than the past, past sales mean precisely jack, this is a new generation and the situation has changed immensely.

You can backpeddle if you like but you made the statement so don't get defensive if I call you on it.

As I said, if your logic is correct and mine is completely flawed please explain why Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, etc... have not jumped ship yet.

I am going on past history, which shows facts. Your going only based on the fact that you think it will go there based on userbase.

I am not being defensive either, if I was then I would be for PS3 only and not a multi platform release.

My eyes are wide open by the way. Thanks for letting me know I am blind not once, but twice.

I just like to make opinions based on fact, not speculation.

You really shouldn't edit your post when the thread moves this fast, its easy for folks to miss it.

Anyways, your past history is based on the situation from the past, the situation has changed significantly...what part of that don't you get?

Your welcome for letting you know, and no they weren't open because you are still trying to use the information from when the PS2 was ahead by 60+ million consoles as if it is valid for the PS3 which is behind by 13+ million.

PS - Opinions based on facts aren't opinions, they are statements.

Saying that I feel it should also be released on the PS3 due to past success if not called a statement. It is called an opinion.

Follow the conversation, you can't apply every statement I make as if it is a responce to every statement you make.  The breaks in my responce correspond with the breaks in your responce...in this case I skipped responding to the first portion because I already had done so, but you edited.

The comment was aimed at your last line, nothing more.   

Then quotet my last line and respond accordingly instead of quoted my entire post and responding to just one portion. Easier to understand that way.

Also it would appreciated if you would not continue to insult my intelligence. First I am blind and now I can't follow a conversation.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:

I don't know. Legend of Zelda certaintly sold well. I don't think many people would consider that a casual game... that's for sure.

This is a whole other argument, and one that has been rebutted countless times on this site.  Start up another thread and win the argument if you want to use this.

@BMaker,

Don't be that guy, all you're going to do is get people riled up with statements like "zing!".  If you want to start flame-war pick another forum.  

To Each Man, Responsibility
Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
BMaker11 said:
Kasz216 said:

I don't know. Legend of Zelda certaintly sold well. I don't think many people would consider that a casual game... that's for sure.

So what would you attribute this to?

You know... Aside from RE4, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Red Steel. Like, what series do you see not selling well that should have?

3rd party non casual games actually do sell pretty well on the Wii. The ones that have made real efforts anyway.

Your arguement is no different then "RPGs don't sell on the PS3."

Which hey. They don't. Based on the same logic Bmaker and you apply.

Use whatever logic you want. Just try and be cosnistant with it.

With your line of reasoning KH3 should be on the DS.

thekitchensink said:

But the secret ending to KH2 was from the past like 10 years before KH1 i think.

Yes, BBS is a prequel, I was just correcting you because you said they both were

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."