By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where Will Kingdom Hearts 3 Go?

Sqrl said:
Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:

I don't know. Legend of Zelda certaintly sold well. I don't think many people would consider that a casual game... that's for sure.

Comparing games from different genres makes no sense.

1st party non casual Nintendo games have proven to sell well on Nintendo consoles. 3rd party non casual has been a different story.

This is a whole other argument, and one that has been rebutted countless times on this site.  Start up another thread and win the argument if you want to use this.

@BMaker,

Don't be that guy, all you're going to do is get people riled up with statements like "zing!".  If you want to start flame-war pick another forum.  

......maybe I should've put a smile or a "j/k" to show the joking/sarcasm.......I think I will

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Sqrl said:

Follow the conversation, you can't apply every statement I make as if it is a responce to every statement you make. The breaks in my responce correspond with the breaks in your responce...in this case I skipped responding to the first portion because I already had done so, but you edited.

The comment was aimed at your last line, nothing more.

Then comment my last line and respond accordingly instead of quoted my entire post and responding to just one portion. Easier to understand that way.

Also it would appreciated if you would not continue to insult my intelligence. First I am blind and now I can't follow a conversation.

First I did respond to all of your post, again you're not following what was said.  The only portion I didn't respond to there was the portion that was part of your original post.  Again your edit was the problem. 

Second, don't put words in my mouth,  the problem stemmed from your edit and your inability to figure out what I was referring to. That is a fact. If that is insulting to you then don't do it.  

I'm not trying insulting you, I'm simply pointing these things out. Perhaps something is lost in text but if you think I'm yelling at you you're missreading what I'm saying. 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Kasz216 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
BMaker11 said:
Kasz216 said:
Red*Pokemon*Trainer said:
@Kasz216- Out of all of the rpgs on the PS3 how many are well known or even good? stop spining things with illogical data not relevant to the topic.

Yeah. That's spinning. Not comparing No More Heroes to Ratchet and Clank.

Comparing sales of RPGs... for an RPG series.

It's actually a lot more relevant than anything Bmaker has pointed out.

Oblivion: Metacritic Rating 93.

Dragon Quest Swords Rating 65.

Sales: About even. DQS... no europeon release data.

You're failing to realize the kind of appeal these games have, RPG or not. Why is it that Mario and Sonic (in total) sold more than Gears of War? Because these "casual" games are what appeal to current Nintendo gamers, not niche titles. KH may not be a "hardcore" game, but it sure isn't a casual one

I don't know. Legend of Zelda certaintly sold well. I don't think many people would consider that a casual game... that's for sure.

1st party non casual Nintendo games have proven to sell well on Nintendo consoles. 3rd party non casual has been a different story.

So what would you attribute this to? You know... Aside from RE4, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Red Steel. Like, what series do you see not selling well that should have?

3rd party non casual games actually do sell pretty well on the Wii.

I believe No more Heroes should sell better, as well as Trauma Center and Zack and Wiki. All good games that get lost who knows where. I love each of these games but feel like they never got the attention they deserved.

I am a very big supporter of the Wii but just feel as though the good 3rd party games get lost in the 1st party Nintendo games.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

@Sqrl

GO BACK TO KH DISCUSSION RIGHT NOW!!!!!

I don't wanna wake up and see that my train got tipped cause the rail got messed up

aight, I'm goin to bed for real

thekitchensink said:
thekitchensink said:
@sc94597-Both games are prequels.

Not really--358/2 Days begins shortly after Roxas' creation and chronicles what goes on in the Organization from then until KH2.

But the secret ending to KH2 was from the past like 10 years before KH1 i think.

Yes, BBS is a prequel, I was just correcting you because you said they both were

Thanks!

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
SuperLloyd said:
BMaker11 said:
Kasz216 said:
@Kasz216- Out of all of the rpgs on the PS3 how many are well known or even good? stop spining things with illogical data not relevant to the topic.

Sales: About even.  DQS... no europeon release data. 

You're failing to realize the kind of appeal these games have, RPG or not. Why is it that Mario and Sonic (in total) sold more than Gears of War? Because these "casual" games are what appeal to current Nintendo gamers, not niche titles. KH may not be a "hardcore" game, but it sure isn't a casual one

Really? None of that has anything to do with the fact that both Sonic and Mario sell gangbasters individually and would most likely do better when together?

The casual/hardcore argument isn't even applicable because Kingdom Hearts is mainstream.

d'oh....bad example again, because that game sold on name alone. Alright, how about Carnival Games and Mario Strikers? Sold boat loads.....

And KH is NOT mainstream. Halo is mainstream. GTA is mainstream. KH is not. Do you think anyone outside of the gaming community know who Sora is?

Mario Strikers is a sports game, and that sport is most popular in Europe. Not surprisingly, it sold the most there. Carnival Games actually works against you, because I think it proves that the Wii audience is a wide one and not a single "just casual" or "just hardcore" entity. You'd never see something like Carnival Games sell millions on the 360 but on the Wii it is selling alongside games like Resident Evil and Metroid; a sign of a healthy, thriving console just like the PS2 which had similar situations. Only the strictly "hardcore" complain about games like this selling. 'Coincidentally,' no one complained when simialr games sold on the PS2. Hmm...

Also KH is plenty mainstream. It appeals to both audiences. Would people recognize Master Chief outside of the gaming community? He's essentially faceless. GTA has multiple protagonsists. Who outside of the gaming community canname each of them and their personal stories? The only thing GTA is known for in the mass media is cop killing and hooker roadkill, and occasionally the ethnicty of the main character.

KH's mainstream status does not come from the recognizability of its main character (though it's a little hard to argue that the majorty of the cast - being Disney characters - aren't recognizable) but the execution of its core gameplay giving it wide appeal. There is nothing remotely complex about the gameplay with the majorty of the ingame actions displayed on a menu in the lower left corner of the screen at all times. And with sales of nearly 6 million worldwide for the first game, I'd say ihas pretty wide appeal.

I am SuperLloyd!

(Im)patiently awaiting the Dawn of the New World!

BMaker11 said:

@Sqrl

GO BACK TO KH DISCUSSION RIGHT NOW!!!!!

I don't wanna wake up and see that my train got tipped cause the rail got messed up

aight, I'm goin to bed for real

Indeed this is getting way off topic. I myself apologize for adding to it.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
BMaker11 said:
Kasz216 said:

You're failing to realize the kind of appeal these games have, RPG or not. Why is it that Mario and Sonic (in total) sold more than Gears of War? Because these "casual" games are what appeal to current Nintendo gamers, not niche titles. KH may not be a "hardcore" game, but it sure isn't a casual one

So what would you attribute this to? You know... Aside from RE4, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Red Steel. Like, what series do you see not selling well that should have?

I believe No more Heroes should sell better, as well as Trauma Center and Zack and Wiki. All good games that get lost who knows where. I love each of these games but feel like they never got the attention they deserved.

I am a very big supporter of the Wii but just feel as though the good 3rd party games get lost in the 1st party Nintendo games.

They are low budget games though.What do you expect them to sell?

Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
BMaker11 said:
Kasz216 said:

I believe No more Heroes should sell better, as well as Trauma Center and Zack and Wiki. All good games that get lost who knows where.

So i'm guessing your ignoring the fact that No More Heroes sold better then Killer 7. A game from the same guy that was on the PS2,Xbox & GC? A very good game by the way.

How you don't consider that a success i don't know. Both games "deserve" more sales in the same way a foreign film deserves to have a bigger box office then "Spoof Movie 8"... but it isn't gonna happen... anywhere.

Truama center is an odd choice of a game... as it also sells really well compared to it's budget and scope, it's one of Atlus big money makers.

While Zak & Wiki... that genre is just dead honestly and i don't see it coming back.

All three of those games would of sold worse on PS3.

It's like saying games don't belong on the PS2 because Okami and Killer 7 didn't sell. 

Kasz216 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
BMaker11 said:
Kasz216 said:

So what would you attribute this to?

You know... Aside from RE4, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Red Steel. Like, what series do you see not selling well that should have?

3rd party non casual games actually do sell pretty well on the Wii. The ones that have made real efforts anyway.

Your arguement is no different then "RPGs don't sell on the PS3."

Which hey. They don't. Based on the same logic Bmaker and you apply.

Use whatever logic you want. Just try and be cosnistant with it.

With your line of reasoning KH3 should be on the DS.

Bad argument considering PS3 has no RPG's. Wii has non casual games and point is they don't sell as well as they do on the other 2 consoles.

How about we agree to disagree?

Currently playing: