By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where Will Kingdom Hearts 3 Go?

Please read thoroughly before posting sc, because you have a habit of not.

Secret ending is prequel. BBS continues ending AKA preview.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
BMaker11 said:
Kasz216 said:
Red*Pokemon*Trainer said:
@Kasz216- Out of all of the rpgs on the PS3 how many are well known or even good? stop spining things with illogical data not relevant to the topic.

Yeah. That's spinning. Not comparing No More Heroes to Ratchet and Clank.

Comparing sales of RPGs... for an RPG series.

It's actually a lot more relevant than anything Bmaker has pointed out.

Oblivion: Metacritic Rating 93.

Dragon Quest Swords Rating 65.

Sales: About even. DQS... no europeon release data.

You're failing to realize the kind of appeal these games have, RPG or not. Why is it that Mario and Sonic (in total) sold more than Gears of War? Because these "casual" games are what appeal to current Nintendo gamers, not niche titles. KH may not be a "hardcore" game, but it sure isn't a casual one

That is incorrect. It is both hardcore and casual.

In what sense? Because Pooh is in the game? Because Mickey Mouse helps you out? Please don't tell me that's what you believe (because most do), because those characters have nothing to do with the gameplay that the user does. Sure, they interact with the story, but how you interact with them is not "casual". Was Mickey Mouse coming in after you get beat up too much by Xaldin, and then you proceeding to beat the crap out of Xaldin with Mickey, a "casual" aspect of the game? 

BMaker11 said:
Kasz216 said:
@Kasz216- Out of all of the rpgs on the PS3 how many are well known or even good? stop spining things with illogical data not relevant to the topic.

Sales: About even.  DQS... no europeon release data. 

You're failing to realize the kind of appeal these games have, RPG or not. Why is it that Mario and Sonic (in total) sold more than Gears of War? Because these "casual" games are what appeal to current Nintendo gamers, not niche titles. KH may not be a "hardcore" game, but it sure isn't a casual one

Really? None of that has anything to do with the fact that both Sonic and Mario sell gangbasters individually and would most likely do better when together?

The casual/hardcore argument isn't even applicable because Kingdom Hearts is mainstream.

I am SuperLloyd!

(Im)patiently awaiting the Dawn of the New World!

dtewi said:
Please read thoroughly before posting sc, because you have a habit of not.

Secret ending is prequel. BBS continues ending AKA preview.

Thank you.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

@sc94597-Both games are prequels.The secret ending to KH2 was from past events and not a continuation of KH2.

Around the Network

kh3 will be released on the ds just Wait in see

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

BMaker11 said:
sc94597 said:
BMaker11 said:
Kasz216 said:

You're failing to realize the kind of appeal these games have, RPG or not. Why is it that Mario and Sonic (in total) sold more than Gears of War? Because these "casual" games are what appeal to current Nintendo gamers, not niche titles. KH may not be a "hardcore" game, but it sure isn't a casual one

That is incorrect. It is both hardcore and casual.

In what sense? Because Pooh is in the game? Because Mickey Mouse helps you out? Please don't tell me that's what you believe (because most do), because those characters have nothing to do with the gameplay that the user does. Sure, they interact with the story, but how you interact with them is not "casual". Was Mickey Mouse coming in after you get beat up too much by Xaldin, and then you proceeding to beat the crap out of Xaldin with Mickey, a "casual" aspect of the game

Because it targets both casual and hardcore gamers. 

Sqrl said:
Euphoria14 said:
Sqrl said:

I have read your posts actually, but if all you see is success on the PS brand then you quite clearly need to open your eyes. There is a lot more to this than the past, past sales mean precisely jack, this is a new generation and the situation has changed immensely.

You can backpeddle if you like but you made the statement so don't get defensive if I call you on it.

As I said, if your logic is correct and mine is completely flawed please explain why Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, etc... have not jumped ship yet.

I am going on past history, which shows facts. Your going only based on the fact that you think it will go there based on userbase.

I am not being defensive either, if I was then I would be for PS3 only and not a multi platform release.

My eyes are wide open by the way. Thanks for letting me know I am blind not once, but twice.

I just like to make opinions based on fact, not speculation.

You really shouldn't edit your post when the thread moves this fast, its easy for folks to miss it.

Anyways, your past history is based on the situation from the past, the situation has changed significantly...what part of that don't you get?

Your welcome for letting you know, and no they weren't open because you are still trying to use the information from when the PS2 was ahead by 60+ million consoles as if it is valid for the PS3 which is behind by 13+ million.

PS - Opinions based on facts aren't opinions, they are statements.

Saying that I feel it should also be released on the PS3 due to past success if not called a statement. It is called an opinion.

Maybe this will be easier.

In my opinion it should be released on the PS3 due to past success on the Playstation brand. Does that sound like a statement or opinion?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

SuperLloyd said:
BMaker11 said:
Kasz216 said:

Sales: About even.  DQS... no europeon release data. 

You're failing to realize the kind of appeal these games have, RPG or not. Why is it that Mario and Sonic (in total) sold more than Gears of War? Because these "casual" games are what appeal to current Nintendo gamers, not niche titles. KH may not be a "hardcore" game, but it sure isn't a casual one

Really? None of that has anything to do with the fact that both Sonic and Mario sell gangbasters individually and would most likely do better when together?

The casual/hardcore argument isn't even applicable because Kingdom Hearts is mainstream.

d'oh....bad example again, because that game sold on name alone. Alright, how about Carnival Games and Mario Strikers and Mario Party 8 (5 million!)? Sold boat loads.....

And KH is NOT mainstream. Halo is mainstream. GTA is mainstream. KH is not. Do you think anyone outside of the gaming community know who Sora is?

BMaker11 said:
Kasz216 said:

I don't know. Legend of Zelda certaintly sold well. I don't think many people would consider that a casual game...

Comparing games from different genres makes no sense in anycase.

That's like saying Action RPGS can't sell on the PS3 because shooters sell well.