By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where Will Kingdom Hearts 3 Go?

Hold up. Your first statement is flawed. N64 was more powerful than the PS1.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
Red*Pokemon*Trainer said:
dtewi said:
@Aprisaiden

Nomura HAS NO BRAND LOYALTY. If he did, FF would be on 64. CoM would be on PSP and so would 358/2 Days.

Also, he is familiar with both engines because he has developed for both, and he would choose the easier one to develop for and the cheaper one.

But the reason SE chose to develop for the PS1 instead of the N64 was because of the superior technology and the inferior N64.

I don't know where you got superior or inferior at.Cd had it's advantages and disadvantages just like cartridges.

Cds were cheaper, and held more space, but were easily pirated, and load times were long. The opposite for the cartridges. And if you mean power, the n64 was considerabely more powerful than the ps1.  

Sqrl said:
Red*Pokemon*Trainer said:
@sc94597

The gap would be smaller not bigger especially between the PS3 and the wii.

How do you figure?  The Wii still outsells the PS3 on a weekly basis, therefore mathematically it is getting further away not closer.

True my mistake.

Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Sqrl said:
Euphoria14 said:
Sqrl said:
Euphoria14 said:

This means what exactly? Larger user base not = higher sales.

Only thing I see is Kingdom Hearts large success on the Playstation brand.

Actually yes a larger user base does equate to higher sales. A larger userbase simply doesn't have a linear correlation with sales.

If thats all you see then perhaps you should open your eyes and stop ignoring what is obvious. Whether you like it or not SE has a history of moving franchises to other platforms when it makes economic sense and this is certainly one of those times. As I said before, it may be a multi-plat game but its going to be on the Wii.

I have already stated I have no problem with a multi platform release. I just highly disagree with a Wii only release. So before asking me to open my eyes try reading my posts.

I have read your posts actually, but if all you see is success on the PS brand then you quite clearly need to open your eyes. There is a lot more to this than the past, past sales mean precisely jack, this is a new generation and the situation has changed immensely.

You can backpeddle if you like but you made the statement so don't get defensive if I call you on it.

As I said, if your logic is correct and mine is completely flawed please explain why Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, etc... have not jumped ship yet.

I am going on past history, which shows facts. Your going only based on the fact that you think it will go there based on userbase.

I am not being defensive either, if I was then I would be for PS3 only and not a multi platfor release.

Final Fantasy is a completely graphics based series at this point. It'd be stupid to put it on anything but the PS3.

Final Fantasy is graphics based? Square Enix is graphic based.

I guess that's why DQ9 is coming out on PS3.

It's only the Final Fantasy series really. 

dtewi said:
Hold up. Your first statement is flawed. N64 was more powerful than the PS1.

Yet those graphic whoring Final Fantasy creators put their game on the PS1. So many arguments thus far are incredibly flawed.

People do not understand that user base alone does not dictate which console a game is released for, they also look at previous sales. In the past the Playstation brand has been a haven for 3rd party devs. Nintendo has not.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
Sqrl said:
Euphoria14 said:

Actually yes a larger user base does equate to higher sales. A larger userbase simply doesn't have a linear correlation with sales.

If thats all you see then perhaps you should open your eyes and stop ignoring what is obvious. Whether you like it or not SE has a history of moving franchises to other platforms when it makes economic sense and this is certainly one of those times. As I said before, it may be a multi-plat game but its going to be on the Wii.

If that's the case in this situation, the why is Birth by Sleep (which is basically a prequel, and not a spin-off) on the PSP, when the DS is SLAUGHTERING it?

OF course , because we know so much about the games that we automatically know the psp game will be superior to the ds one.

ctk495 said:
PS3 only Nintendo fanboys will say wii.

That's great.  Real constructive post there.  Way to actually read and contribute, man.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Euphoria14 said:
Sqrl said:
Euphoria14 said:
Sqrl said:
Euphoria14 said:

I have already stated I have no problem with a multi platform release. I just highly disagree with a Wii only release. So before asking me to open my eyes try reading my posts.

I have read your posts actually, but if all you see is success on the PS brand then you quite clearly need to open your eyes.  There is a lot more to this than the past, past sales mean precisely jack, this is a new generation and the situation has changed immensely. 

You can backpeddle if you like but you made the statement so don't get defensive if I call you on it. 

As I said, if your logic is correct and mine is completely flawed please explain why Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, etc... have not jumped ship yet.

I am going on past history, which shows facts. Your going only based on the fact that you think it will go there based on userbase. 

I am not being defensive either, if I was then I would be for PS3 only and not a multi platform release.

My eyes are wide open by the way. Thanks for letting me know I am blind not once, but twice.

I just like to make opinions based on fact, not speculation.

Dragon Quest jumped ship. Mana jumped ship. Arguably so did Front Mission.

Saying every SE franchise hasn't jumped ship when several of them already have isn't much of an argument.

I am SuperLloyd!

(Im)patiently awaiting the Dawn of the New World!

I'm tired. Going to sleep.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Euphoria14 said:
Sqrl said:
Euphoria14 said:
Sqrl said:
Euphoria14 said:

I have read your posts actually, but if all you see is success on the PS brand then you quite clearly need to open your eyes. There is a lot more to this than the past, past sales mean precisely jack, this is a new generation and the situation has changed immensely.

As I said, if your logic is correct and mine s completely flawed please explain why Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, etc... have not jumped ship yet.

Oh but Final Fantasy already has jumped ship, it was a Nintendo game originally.

But more to your point I don't see why I should answer for either of those...neither of those games is KH and my assertion is that KH makes sense not FFXIII or SO4.  This is whats called a strawman argument, perhaps you have something better?

In any case I can answer both despite the fact that I've made no attempt to claim either of them.  First Final Fantasy XIII was in development well before anyone knew how successful Wii would be or how much the PS3 would struggle in the first year.  And Star Ocean is developed by Tri-Ace not SE, its published by SE.

I'm not saying that every game SE makes from here until the end of the generation is going to be on the Wii.   Only that KH makes too much marketing and economic sense not to be on the Wii. 

To Each Man, Responsibility