By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where Will Kingdom Hearts 3 Go?

@Aprisaiden

Nomura HAS NO BRAND LOYALTY. If he did, FF would be on 64. CoM would be on PSP and so would 358/2 Days.

Also, he is familiar with both engines because he has developed for both, and he would choose the easier one to develop for and the cheaper one.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Thank you for your wonderful post ctk. If you keep this up, I'll tell the mods of your kindness!

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Sqrl said:
Euphoria14 said:
Sqrl said:
Euphoria14 said:

This means what exactly? Larger user base not = higher sales.

Only thing I see is Kingdom Hearts large success on the Playstation brand.

Actually yes a larger user base does equate to higher sales. A larger userbase simply doesn't have a linear correlation with sales.

If thats all you see then perhaps you should open your eyes and stop ignoring what is obvious. Whether you like it or not SE has a history of moving franchises to other platforms when it makes economic sense and this is certainly one of those times. As I said before, it may be a multi-plat game but its going to be on the Wii.

I have already stated I have no problem with a multi platform release. I just highly disagree with a Wii only release. So before asking me to open my eyes try reading my posts.

I have read your posts actually, but if all you see is success on the PS brand then you quite clearly need to open your eyes.  There is a lot more to this than the past, past sales mean precisely jack, this is a new generation and the situation has changed immensely. 

You can backpeddle if you like but you made the statement so don't get defensive if I call you on it. 

As I said, if your logic is correct and mine is completely flawed please explain why Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, etc... have not jumped ship yet.

I am going on past history, which shows facts. Your going only based on the fact that you think it will go there based on userbase. 

I am not being defensive either, if I was then I would be for PS3 only and not a multi platform release.

My eyes are wide open by the way. Thanks for letting me know I am blind not once, but twice.

I just like to make opinions based on fact, not speculation.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Red*Pokemon*Trainer said:
@Kasz216- Out of all of the rpgs on the PS3 how many are well known or even good? stop spining things with illogical data not relevant to the topic.

Yeah. That's spinning. Not comparing No More Heroes to Ratchet and Clank.

Comparing sales of RPGs... for an RPG series.

It's actually a lot more relevant than anything Bmaker has pointed out.

Oblivion: Metacritic Rating 93.

Dragon Quest Swords Rating 65.

Sales: About even.  DQS... no europeon release data. 

BMaker11 said:
dtewi said:

BMaker11 said:

Feel free to reply.

1. That may be true about Z&W and NMH, but what I can recall from 2002, all the marketing for KH was simply the typical commercial showing that it was coming out. I don't remember the details because this was actually a game that was really under the radar for the most part (for me at least) and I only got it because it was my birthday, and I saw it at Best Buy, and wanted to test it out (Good thing I did! Best game ever in my opnion!)

2. The PS3 base isn't a shooter based console (The 360 is :) ). Sure, big shooters have been coming out, but I bet many early adopters were the "I got a PS3 because I know (insert game here) will come out for it" Like MGS4, GTAIV, FFXIII, GT5, and so on. I'm not necessarily saying that action = Sony, because the PS2 had the most diverse library, so saying so would be a fallacy. It's just that with the whole "We are targeting the casual crowd" PR campaign going on with the Wii, it would seem as though action games were more suited towards the HD systems.

3. We agreed

4. When I used this argument, it was only as a support agianst those who say that since the KH isn't a super graphics game, then the Wii is perfect for it. And even still, you can make money on the PS3

5. I agree with you wholeheartedly on this. But the difference: SE are not crap developers, or rather, Tetsuya Nomura isn't a crap developer. The World Ends With You is great, and that's a new IP!

Disney had coverage of the game in like every commercial break. I know because I was like 8 and saw it.

You make kh to be all hardcore. It isn't. It's one of those games that target both.

The rest is good.

Around the Network
dtewi said:
@Aprisaiden

Nomura HAS NO BRAND LOYALTY. If he did, FF would be on 64. CoM would be on PSP and so would 358/2 Days.

Also, he is familiar with both engines because he has developed for both, and he would choose the easier one to develop for and the cheaper one.

But the reason SE chose to develop for the PS1 instead of the N64 was because of the superior technology and the inferior N64.

Euphoria14 said:
Sqrl said:
Euphoria14 said:
Sqrl said:
Euphoria14 said:

Actually yes a larger user base does equate to higher sales. A larger userbase simply doesn't have a linear correlation with sales.

If thats all you see then perhaps you should open your eyes and stop ignoring what is obvious. Whether you like it or not SE has a history of moving franchises to other platforms when it makes economic sense and this is certainly one of those times. As I said before, it may be a multi-plat game but its going to be on the Wii.

I have already stated I have no problem with a multi platform release. I just highly disagree with a Wii only release. So before asking me to open my eyes try reading my posts.

I have read your posts actually, but if all you see is success on the PS brand then you quite clearly need to open your eyes. There is a lot more to this than the past, past sales mean precisely jack, this is a new generation and the situation has changed immensely.

You can backpeddle if you like but you made the statement so don't get defensive if I call you on it.

As I said, if your logic is correct and mine is completely flawed please explain why Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, etc... have not jumped ship yet.

I am going on past history, which shows facts. Your going only based on the fact that you think it will go there based on userbase.

I am not being defensive either, if I was then I would be for PS3 only and not a multi platfor release.

Final Fantasy is a completely graphics based series at this point.  It'd be stupid to put it on anything but the PS3.

So FFXII was for PS2 because Xbox was crap tech?

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Kasz216 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Sqrl said:
Euphoria14 said:
Sqrl said:
Euphoria14 said:

I have read your posts actually, but if all you see is success on the PS brand then you quite clearly need to open your eyes. There is a lot more to this than the past, past sales mean precisely jack, this is a new generation and the situation has changed immensely.

I am not being defensive either, if I was then I would be for PS3 only and not a multi platfor release.

Final Fantasy is a completely graphics based series at this point.  It'd be stupid to put it on anything but the PS3.

Your impossible. Let me ask you one thing... is Kingdom Hearts a casual game?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Sqrl said:
Euphoria14 said:

Actually yes a larger user base does equate to higher sales.  A larger userbase simply doesn't have a linear correlation with sales.

If thats all you see then perhaps you should open your eyes and stop ignoring what is obvious.  Whether you like it or not SE has a history of moving franchises to other platforms when it makes economic sense and this is certainly one of those times.  As I said before, it may be a multi-plat game but its going to be on the Wii. 

If that's the case in this situation, the why is Birth by Sleep (which is basically a prequel, and not a spin-off) on the PSP, when the DS is SLAUGHTERING it?