By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where Will Kingdom Hearts 3 Go?

Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
BMaker11 said:
Kasz216 said:
BMaker11 said:
sc94597 said:
BMaker11 said:

Your comparing GTA4 to No More Heroes. Seriously? Hahaha... oh man that's rich.

Tell you what. What do you think that 360K would of bought had GTA4 been 360 exclusive... or even wii exclusive?

If you say nothing... well it won't be too much of a surprise... since you tried to compare GTA4 with No More Hereos as an indication of... well anything.

Ok. How about Insomniac and Naughty Dog, with R&C and Uncharted. They too are getting $$$, even though the PS3 install base is significantly lower than the Wii's. I guess GTAIV was a bad example because that game has MASS appeal and would sell ANYWHERE, but a game like KH...no so much. Just look at Eternal Sonata on the 360

R&C and Uncharted are shooters.

I'm not seeing how that compares to No More Heroes or an Action RPG.

Or why you'd use No More Heroes as an example at all considering the budget of the game. (It was made on like a shovelware games budget.)

No More Heroes made so much money they threw a party because it sold so well.

R&C is an action game, not a shooter. If you want to go that way then Mass Effect is a shooter and not an RPG.

I actually do consider it more a 3rd person shooter with RPG elements honestly. I still don't see how they're comparable.

You make it seem that since it contains guns it should be considered a shooter, which is entirely wrong.

R&C has never been considered a shooter, neither has Jak and Daxter.

Uncharted is also an Action/Adventure. Not a shooter.

If we use swords would it be considered hack and slash?

No, i'm saying it's a shooter because Mass Effect plays like a TPS with a few RPG elements thrown in.  The core gameplay should decide what the genre is.  If the core gameplay is shooting guns at things in the same form you would in a TPS... that should make the game a TPS.

Either way R&C and Uncharted are nowhere near No More Heroes budget level, advertising level or even genre no matter what you feel like classifying it.

Around the Network

They could always do a Wii/360 game and leave the PS3 out of it. I mean they have 6 times the userbase in the U.S where the game sells best than the PS3 and both will have motion controls by the time its out.

Tease.

Sqrl said:

KH 1:

RegionJapanAmerica OthersTotal
Total Sales1.24m3.45m0.81m5.50m

KH 1 Final Remix:

Total Sales0.55m0.00m0.00m0.55m

KH2:

Total Sales1.16m2.06m0.47m3.69m

KH2 Final Remix

Total Sales0.26m0.00m0.00m0.26m

Totals

Region Japan America OthersTotal
Total Sales3.21m5.51m1.28m10.00m

So Japan is 32% of KH sales, and america is 55% and together they are 87% of all KH sales.

America Share
11,138,433 69.5%
4,884,496 30.5%
Total: 16,022,929

JapanShare
5,964,950 74%
2,087,228 26%
Total: 8,052,178

CombinedShare
17,103,383 71%
6,971,724 29%
Total:24,075,107

Don't forget by the time kh3 comes out the distance would be even bigger. 

Sqrl said:

KH 1:

Total Sales1.24m3.45m0.81m5.50m

KH 1 Final Remix:

Total Sales0.55m0.00m0.00m0.55m

KH2:

Total Sales1.16m2.06m0.47m3.69m

KH2 Final Remix

Total Sales0.26m0.00m0.00m0.26m

Totals

Region Japan America OthersTotal
Total Sales3.21m5.51m1.28m10.00m

So Japan is 32% of KH sales, and america is 55% and together they are 87% of all KH sales.

AmericaShare
11,138,43369.5%
4,884,49630.5%
Total:16,022,929

JapanShare
5,964,95074%
2,087,22826%
Total:8,052,178

CombinedShare
17,103,38371%
6,971,72429%
Total:24,075,107

\thread

I am SuperLloyd!

(Im)patiently awaiting the Dawn of the New World!

Squilliam said:
They could always do a Wii/360 game and leave the PS3 out of it. I mean they have 6 times the userbase in the U.S where the game sells best than the PS3 and both will have motion controls by the time its out.

Not going to happen. Games like this sell like crap on the 360. 

0% sales of KH on MS consoles. 10Million sales on Playstation.

Do the math. Just because it sells well in the US guarantees nothing for the 360. Not to mention 32% of Japanese sales = alot of money and on 360 that 32% will drop drastically which in turn = alot of money lost.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
Kasz216 said:
BMaker11 said:
Kasz216 said:
BMaker11 said:
sc94597 said:
BMaker11 said:

Your comparing GTA4 to No More Heroes. Seriously? Hahaha... oh man that's rich.

Tell you what. What do you think that 360K would of bought had GTA4 been 360 exclusive... or even wii exclusive?

If you say nothing... well it won't be too much of a surprise... since you tried to compare GTA4 with No More Hereos as an indication of... well anything.

Ok. How about Insomniac and Naughty Dog, with R&C and Uncharted. They too are getting $$$, even though the PS3 install base is significantly lower than the Wii's. I guess GTAIV was a bad example because that game has MASS appeal and would sell ANYWHERE, but a game like KH...no so much. Just look at Eternal Sonata on the 360

R&C and Uncharted are shooters.

I'm not seeing how that compares to No More Heroes or an Action RPG.

Or why you'd use No More Heroes as an example at all considering the budget of the game. (It was made on like a shovelware games budget.)

No More Heroes made so much money they threw a party because it sold so well.

When I compared those games, I used NMH because before, people were talking about how this would be a big game for the Wii and draw in core gamers, as opposed to casuals. In that sense, it's comparable to Uncharted and R&C when we're talkin about appeal to core gamers, yet it sold much less, on a system who's install base is much higher.

Don't try and spin this. Some say that it's an issue on SE only wanting money. They can make money on the PS3, Infinity Ward did it, Rockstar did it, Evolution Studios did it, Naughty Dog did it, Insomniac did it, and the list continues. Some say that it's an issue of appeal. This game would appeal to PS3 gamers, moreso than the Cooking Mama, Mario and Sonic buying Wii gamers. Some say it's an issue of gameplay. While the Wiimote sounds good in theory, I can make a pretty good assumption that it will flat out suck, or will be mediocre, as only Nintendo has done it right

No More Heroes made a lot of money actually. Like I said. I'd bet money the game would of sold less on PS3.

You want to talk of sales?

Lets look at RPG sales for the PS3.

http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=&console=PS3&developer=&publisher=&genre=RPG&keyword=&order=Sales

So... why again do you think completely unrelated genres are going to make a difference when PS3's just don't sell RPGs?

VS say

Dragon Quest Swords... a Half assed action RPG effort that sold about as much as Oblivion... which is considered an amazing RPG.

That is a pretty dumb statement, since it was never released on the Xbox.

FACT: WiiSports sells better on Wii than PS3.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

@sc94597

The gap would be smaller not bigger especially between the PS3 and the wii.

Euphoria14 said:

This means what exactly? Larger user base not = higher sales.

Only thing I see is Kingdom Hearts large success on the Playstation brand.

Actually yes a larger user base does equate to higher sales.  A larger userbase simply doesn't have a linear correlation with sales.

If thats all you see then perhaps you should open your eyes and stop ignoring what is obvious.  Whether you like it or not SE has a history of moving franchises to other platforms when it makes economic sense and this is certainly one of those times.  As I said before, it may be a multi-plat game but its going to be on the Wii. 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Red*Pokemon*Trainer said:
@sc94597

The gap would be smaller not bigger especially between the PS3 and the wii.

NO because the wii is still selling more than the ps3 in those regions.