By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where Will Kingdom Hearts 3 Go?

SuperLloyd said:
Euphoria14 said:
Riachu said:
I really like the idea of having KHIII on the wii

I hate it. Kingdom Hearts has alot of sword swinging and swinging my arm 90% of the game wouldn't be fun at all. It would absolutely kill the game.

But here is a question: Why are people assuming that swinging the remote would automatically = keyblade attacks? The PS2 games used a sort of menu based system, I assume something similar would be used in the latest game.

If your not going to use the motion abilities of the wiimote then what would be the point in putting it on the Wii?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
PS3. Nomura and Co. are working on FF Versus XIII, which, if anything else, is for helping them learn the architecture of the system (since that is their first game).

First, it's appeal. Many, like Soriku, will spout how KH is a "casual game" just because it has Mickey Mouse in it, but fail to realize that CHARACTERS DON'T MAKE A GAME CASUAL, BUT RATHER THE GAMEPLAY DOES!!! If cute characters made a game "casual", then Blinx, the ENTIRE main cast of FFIX, Pocket Fighter, etc. would be considered "casual" but we all know they aren't. The appeal this kind of game has is tons of great action, a deep, plot-driven storyline, and character development that "grows on you", like how in the Gametrailers review of GTA4 said Niko's personality makes you feel like he feels when certain events pop up.....the players become attached to the characters in the game. Do real "casual" games like Carnival Games, Mario Party, or WarioWare: Smooth Moves contain those elements? This kind of appeal goes hand in hand with the normal PS3 gamer, not Wii, as evidenced by how a game like Uncharted sold 1 million for the PS3, but No More Heroes and Zack and Wiki sold mediocre on the Wii (with the highest install base of all current gen consoles, btw)

Second, fanbase. Just like many waited for GTA4 to get a PS3, and how many will wait till MGS4 to get one, this is the kind of game that has a loyal fanbase, who belong in the Sony camp. Look how the main story stays on Sony platforms. 358/2 days is simply a spinoff to show the events that lead up to Organization XIII, yet we all know the majority of their background because of KH2. Then look at Birth by Sleep, which will explain the ORIGINS of the KH story. There's no need to mention KH1 and KH2 as a means of keeping the main story on aSony platform.

Third, gameplay. Many say that the use of the Wiimote would be a fun way to play the game. Let me try and tie that in without another false reason why it some consider it suited for the Wii. The battles in this game are big. REALLY big. Remember the 1000 heartless fight? Or how about the fight with Sephiroth? Do you know how tiring that would be to be swinging your arms about nonstop to make sure you don't die? Now, tie that in with somehow making this game out to appeal to "casuals"....people who don't play games much. When they get home from a long day at work, do you think they want to essentially start exercising vigorously? I doubt that, and that's why I think the classic controller button mapping will do just fine.

Fourth, art design. Sure, KH hasn't been a graphic whore's game, but aesthetically, it's a gorgeous game. Lush colors, beautiful character models, etc. The Wii can pull this kind of thing off, as shown by the Okami port, but try and look a game like Uncharted. It looks "next-gen" yet is the most lush and colorful game out. Now imagine KH's environments, with little attention to extreme detail, but rather making the world around you look gorgeous. Isn't what the PS3 is capable of make it seem more appealing than it does on the Wii now?

Last, production cost. Money is not a problem over at Square Enix. If you really think that, then FFXIII Agito, or w/e the entire universe is called, would be cancelled, right now. If you think that cheap production costs is what's keeping this industry running, then Gears, GTAIV, MGS4, Halo, etc. would not exist. Cheaper costs =/= better games. Not saying that cheap costs = bad games, because games like Brawl and Galaxy are great (even though these are typical Nintendo games whose formula never changes 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' I guess), but putting money into a game can only make it better, and plus, by the time this game comes out, the PS3 install may have passed the 360's (which in 360 fanboy's heads, the only number of consoles that can make a game profitable is the 360's numbers, even though Gears sold when the system had a smaller install base than the PS3's current base, yet became profitable). Like I said, money isn't a problem over at SE. It's not like they're Midway or something.

I hope that just about sums it up.

Just about everything you pointed out was either wrong or a complete non-factor.

Its really simple folks, SE wants to make money.  They will make the most money by putting the game on the Wii.  That doesn't mean it won't be multiplatform and be Wii/PS3 but the game will be on the Wii for the simple reason that there is no valid explaination to stockholders why they didn't.

Wii + Disney = prints $$$, this is not a hard concept.

To Each Man, Responsibility
theRepublic said:
thekitchensink said:
I wonder if they would make it for Wii, and then do a downgrade PS2 port?

I would have just said the Wii, but then I saw this post.  This seems like the most logical case.  They would be able to get most of the original PS2 audience, and they would be able to get the more favorable demographics/development costs/install base on the Wii.

This may have been a case if...

1. SE had not stated that they were finished with PS2 development.

2. The PS2 were not irrelevant by the time KH3 were to be released.

I am SuperLloyd!

(Im)patiently awaiting the Dawn of the New World!

theRepublic said:
thekitchensink said:

I would have just said the Wii, but then I saw this post.  This seems like the most logical case.  They would be able to get most of the original PS2 audience, and they would be able to get the more favorable demographics/development costs/install base on the Wii.

Who is to say the Wii audience is the original PS2 audience?

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

sc94597 said:
BMaker11 said:
You do realize it's disney's decision. Even if it wasn't what console do you think it will make the more money on? The consoel that is cheaper to produce games on, and has the largest install base in japan. How much loyal do you think the ps2 kids who bought the game are?Who said you had to move you arms. I could use a no more heroes control method. YOur post is extremely flawed.

I don realize that it's Disney's decision, but who's publishing the game? Square Enix, that's who. Now, remember what happened the last time Disney took the game and made it without SE? They made that horrible cell phone game which was basically Sora running around the Destiny Islands all day, and the game had ZERO appeal because they couldn't put Final Fantasy characters in.

Do you really think that just because the Wii is cheaper to produce that they would get more profits? Look at the buying methods of Wii owners. Look at the methods of PS3 owners. Who makes more money off of these types of games? Rockstar is getting PLENTY of money from PS3 owners. Ubisoft....not so much based off of No More Heroes. The argument you're using is flawed.

How loyal do I think the PS2 kids are? Well, why don't you ask the 360k who bought a PS3 this week just for GTAIV. Just because you don't want to believe it, there are LOYAL fans.

And no one said you'd have to move your arms around (officially at least), but people using the argument of "a cool control scheme like 1:1 motion sensing" would lead me to believe that some sort of arm motion would have to be going on.

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
thekitchensink said:

I would have just said the Wii, but then I saw this post. This seems like the most logical case. They would be able to get most of the original PS2 audience, and they would be able to get the more favorable demographics/development costs/install base on the Wii.

Honestly by the time the game comes out... even the megalith PS2 should be dead.  They haven't even really started yet... and the sideplots aren't even out yet.  It likely won't be under development until FF13V is almost done.

BMaker11 said:
sc94597 said:
BMaker11 said:
You do realize it's disney's decision. Even if it wasn't what console do you think it will make the more money on? The consoel that is cheaper to produce games on, and has the largest install base in japan. How much loyal do you think the ps2 kids who bought the game are?Who said you had to move you arms. I could use a no more heroes control method. YOur post is extremely flawed.

I don realize that it's Disney's decision, but who's publishing the game? Square Enix, that's who. Now, remember what happened the last time Disney took the game and made it without SE? They made that horrible cell phone game which was basically Sora running around the Destiny Islands all day, and the game had ZERO appeal because they couldn't put Final Fantasy characters in.

Do you really think that just because the Wii is cheaper to produce that they would get more profits? Look at the buying methods of Wii owners. Look at the methods of PS3 owners. Who makes more money off of these types of games? Rockstar is getting PLENTY of money from PS3 owners. Ubisoft....not so much based off of No More Heroes. The argument you're using is flawed.

How loyal do I think the PS2 kids are? Well, why don't you ask the 360k who bought a PS3 this week just for GTAIV. Just because you don't want to believe it, there are LOYAL fans.

And no one said you'd have to move your arms around (officially at least), but people using the argument of "a cool control scheme like 1:1 motion sensing" would lead me to believe that some sort of arm motion would have to be going on.

Your comparing GTA4 to No More Heroes. Seriously? Hahaha... oh man that's rich.

Tell you what. What do you think that 360K would of bought had GTA4 been 360 exclusive... or even wii exclusive?

If you say nothing... well it won't be too much of a surprise... since you tried to compare GTA4 with No More Hereos as an indication of... well anything.

BMaker11 said:
sc94597 said:
BMaker11 said:

Dude the most logical argument against the whole disney excuse i have read,thank you.

Sqrl said:
BMaker11 said:

Just about everything you pointed out was either wrong or a complete non-factor.

Its really simple folks, SE wants to make money.  They will make the most money by putting the game on the Wii.  That doesn't mean it won't be multiplatform and be Wii/PS3 but the game will be on the Wii for the simple reason that there is no valid explaination to stockholders why they didn't.

If the OP wanted an answer of simply, $$$, then I would have put that, but he asked for real reasons to consider what system it would be on. I brought up reasons that it would be on the PS3. Like I said before, it may be an IP owned by Disney, but SE is the one putting the money up for development, and I COULD simply say:

SE + Sony = $$$ (proof? look at the similar install base number the PS2 had, then look at FFX numbers)

Sqrl said:
BMaker11 said:
PS3. Nomura and Co. are working on FF Versus XIII, which, if anything else, is for helping them learn the architecture of the system (since that is their first game).

First, it's appeal. Many, like Soriku, will spout how KH is a "casual game" just because it has Mickey Mouse in it, but fail to realize that CHARACTERS DON'T MAKE A GAME CASUAL, BUT RATHER THE GAMEPLAY DOES!!! If cute characters made a game "casual", then Blinx, the ENTIRE main cast of FFIX, Pocket Fighter, etc. would be considered "casual" but we all know they aren't. The appeal this kind of game has is tons of great action, a deep, plot-driven storyline, and character development that "grows on you", like how in the Gametrailers review of GTA4 said Niko's personality makes you feel like he feels when certain events pop up.....the players become attached to the characters in the game. Do real "casual" games like Carnival Games, Mario Party, or WarioWare: Smooth Moves contain those elements? This kind of appeal goes hand in hand with the normal PS3 gamer, not Wii, as evidenced by how a game like Uncharted sold 1 million for the PS3, but No More Heroes and Zack and Wiki sold mediocre on the Wii (with the highest install base of all current gen consoles, btw)

Second, fanbase. Just like many waited for GTA4 to get a PS3, and how many will wait till MGS4 to get one, this is the kind of game that has a loyal fanbase, who belong in the Sony camp. Look how the main story stays on Sony platforms. 358/2 days is simply a spinoff to show the events that lead up to Organization XIII, yet we all know the majority of their background because of KH2. Then look at Birth by Sleep, which will explain the ORIGINS of the KH story. There's no need to mention KH1 and KH2 as a means of keeping the main story on aSony platform.

Third, gameplay. Many say that the use of the Wiimote would be a fun way to play the game. Let me try and tie that in without another false reason why it some consider it suited for the Wii. The battles in this game are big. REALLY big. Remember the 1000 heartless fight? Or how about the fight with Sephiroth? Do you know how tiring that would be to be swinging your arms about nonstop to make sure you don't die? Now, tie that in with somehow making this game out to appeal to "casuals"....people who don't play games much. When they get home from a long day at work, do you think they want to essentially start exercising vigorously? I doubt that, and that's why I think the classic controller button mapping will do just fine.

Fourth, art design. Sure, KH hasn't been a graphic whore's game, but aesthetically, it's a gorgeous game. Lush colors, beautiful character models, etc. The Wii can pull this kind of thing off, as shown by the Okami port, but try and look a game like Uncharted. It looks "next-gen" yet is the most lush and colorful game out. Now imagine KH's environments, with little attention to extreme detail, but rather making the world around you look gorgeous. Isn't what the PS3 is capable of make it seem more appealing than it does on the Wii now?

Last, production cost. Money is not a problem over at Square Enix. If you really think that, then FFXIII Agito, or w/e the entire universe is called, would be cancelled, right now. If you think that cheap production costs is what's keeping this industry running, then Gears, GTAIV, MGS4, Halo, etc. would not exist. Cheaper costs =/= better games. Not saying that cheap costs = bad games, because games like Brawl and Galaxy are great (even though these are typical Nintendo games whose formula never changes 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' I guess), but putting money into a game can only make it better, and plus, by the time this game comes out, the PS3 install may have passed the 360's (which in 360 fanboy's heads, the only number of consoles that can make a game profitable is the 360's numbers, even though Gears sold when the system had a smaller install base than the PS3's current base, yet became profitable). Like I said, money isn't a problem over at SE. It's not like they're Midway or something.

I hope that just about sums it up.

I would be completely content if it became Wii/PS3. If it was Wii only and used Zelda like gameplay with the wiimote being used for sword swings I could see myself probably never finishing the game, which would be very upsetting for someone like me who has followed the series from the start.

Kingdom Hearts isn't exactly what you would call a casual game either and we all know how 3rd party non casual games sell on the Wii.

I also feel the PS3 makes sense considering Disney is a supporter of the Blu Ray format.

Currently playing: