By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where Will Kingdom Hearts 3 Go?

@Euph,

I'm curious, I've rebutted several of your arguments now for example:

You say: "Larger user base not = higher sales."
I Say: "Actually yes a larger user base does equate to higher sales. A larger user base simply doesn't have a linear correlation with sales."

You Say: "Only thing I see is Kingdom Hearts large success on the Playstation brand."
I Say: "Anyways, your past history is based on the situation from the past, the situation has changed significantly...what part of that don't you get?"

You Say: "If your logic is right and mine is so flawed then Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, etc... wouldn't be on PS3 now would it? The reason they are still there is due to their success on the Playstation brand."
I Say: "In any case I can answer both despite the fact that I've made no attempt to claim either of them. First Final Fantasy XIII was in development well before anyone knew how successful Wii would be or how much the PS3 would struggle in the first year. And Star Ocean is developed by Tri-Ace not SE, its published by SE."

There are probably more examples, but you just keep moving to something new...so when do you stop moving to something new?

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

@Euphoria14
Name me three big budget third party games actually released on Wii.

sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
BMaker11 said:
Kasz216 said:
Red*Pokemon*Trainer said:
@Kasz216- Out of all of the rpgs on the PS3 how many are well known or even good? stop spining things with illogical data not relevant to the topic.

Yeah. That's spinning. Not comparing No More Heroes to Ratchet and Clank.

Comparing sales of RPGs... for an RPG series.

It's actually a lot more relevant than anything Bmaker has pointed out.

Oblivion: Metacritic Rating 93.

Dragon Quest Swords Rating 65.

Sales: About even. DQS... no europeon release data.

You're failing to realize the kind of appeal these games have, RPG or not. Why is it that Mario and Sonic (in total) sold more than Gears of War? Because these "casual" games are what appeal to current Nintendo gamers, not niche titles. KH may not be a "hardcore" game, but it sure isn't a casual one

I don't know. Legend of Zelda certaintly sold well. I don't think many people would consider that a casual game... that's for sure.

Comparing games from different genres makes no sense.

1st party non casual Nintendo games have proven to sell well on Nintendo consoles. 3rd party non casual has been a different story.

So what would you attribute this to? You know... Aside from RE4, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Red Steel. Like, what series do you see not selling well that should have?

3rd party non casual games actually do sell pretty well on the Wii.

I believe No more Heroes should sell better, as well as Trauma Center and Zack and Wiki. All good games that get lost who knows where. I love each of these games but feel like they never got the attention they deserved.

I am a very big supporter of the Wii but just feel as though the good 3rd party games get lost in the 1st party Nintendo games.

They are low budget games though.What do you expect them to sell?

Better if Nintendo would advertise their 3rd party games more.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
BMaker11 said:
Kasz216 said:
@Kasz216- Out of all of the rpgs on the PS3 how many are well known or even good? stop spining things with illogical data not relevant to the topic.

You're failing to realize the kind of appeal these games have, RPG or not. Why is it that Mario and Sonic (in total) sold more than Gears of War? Because these "casual" games are what appeal to current Nintendo gamers, not niche titles. KH may not be a "hardcore" game, but it sure isn't a casual one

I don't know. Legend of Zelda certaintly sold well. I don't think many people would consider that a casual game... that's for sure.

1st party non casual Nintendo games have proven to sell well on Nintendo consoles. 3rd party non casual has been a different story.

So what would you attribute this to?

You know... Aside from RE4, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Red Steel. Like, what series do you see not selling well that should have?

3rd party non casual games actually do sell pretty well on the Wii. The ones that have made real efforts anyway.

Your arguement is no different then "RPGs don't sell on the PS3."

Which hey. They don't. Based on the same logic Bmaker and you apply.

Use whatever logic you want. Just try and be cosnistant with it.

With your line of reasoning KH3 should be on the DS.

Bad argument considering PS3 has no RPG's. Wii has non casual games and point is they don't sell as well as they do on the other 2 consoles.

How about we agree to disagree?

Sure it does. They just haven't sold.

Oblivion, Untold Legends,Folklore and Enchanted arms.

Also Valkria, whose bulk of sales should come from Japan... but a miracle could happen for that game over here.

What BIG third party wii game didn't sell well. Of the level that KH would be?

This is where your bias is screwing with your logic in my opinion. You are applying faulty logic to the wii without applying the same logic to the PS3. You are using small budget noncasual games, yet refuse to acknowledge the small budget RPGs on PS3... well those and a game considered one of the best WRPGS out there in oblivion. 

Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:

Why should Nintendo Pay EA's advertising budget?

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
BMaker11 said:
Kasz216 said:

So what would you attribute this to? You know... Aside from RE4, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Red Steel. Like, what series do you see not selling well that should have?

I believe No more Heroes should sell better, as well as Trauma Center and Zack and Wiki. All good games that get lost who knows where. I love each of these games but feel like they never got the attention they deserved.

I am a very big supporter of the Wii but just feel as though the good 3rd party games get lost in the 1st party Nintendo games.

Why doesn't nintendo buy them while they are at it.

Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
BMaker11 said:
Kasz216 said:

It's not Nintendo's job to advertise other people's games.

On the contrary, Sony is spending so much time advertising other games (GTA) that they let their own rot (Folklore) and the 3rdparty gamesthat actually need it flop (Valkyria).

I am SuperLloyd!

(Im)patiently awaiting the Dawn of the New World!

MANUELF said:
@Euphoria14

What does budget have to do with it? SE isn't known for low budget games yet "The World Ends With You" isn't selling that great considering it is on a handheld with a 70+ million userbase.

RE4, Guitar Hero and soon to be Rock Band. Satisfied?

RE4 sold decent due to a $29.99 price tag and Guitar Hero III due to the fact that it is a casual game.

I would give more but this is not what this topic is about.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
MANUELF said:
@Euphoria14

What does budget have to do with it? SE isn't known for low budget games yet "The World Ends With You" isn't selling that great considering it is on a handheld with a 70+ million userbase.

RE4 sold decent due to a $29.99 price tag and Guitar Hero III due to the fact that it is a casual game.

Wow all ports. Nice list there. Are you sure those are big budget being ports and all.?

Euphoria14 said:
MANUELF said:
@Euphoria14

When you say good third party games don´t sell, any of them are big budgets games, all are low budged and with 200k  copies sold make profit.

Edit: all the games you mean(RE4, GH3 and Rockband) are ports.