By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Wii erased my Gamecube memory card!!!

TopCat8 said:

So yesterday I was playing the Ocarina of time (the Gamecube one) on my Wii. I opened up my saved file and played it for a while. Everything was going great. Then I decided to switch games, so I turned the Wii off, turned it back on, switched to Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube edition) and started it up. When I went to load my game, it said that the memory card was corrupted and had to be re-formatted. There was nothing I could do about it. I wanted to make sure this was true, so I put Zelda back in and sure enough, it said that the data was corrupted.

All of this happened within a two minute period, and I didn't do anything wrong in the way of turning off and turning on the console. My only conclusion is that the Wii itself fucked my memory card up. This morning I decided to format it, and all of the data was lost. Now I have to start all of my Gamecube games over from scratch and I'm really angry about it. That's 7 years of my gaming life down the drain. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know why it happened to me? Thanks for any advice/info.

Time warped.....

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

Geezzz that is fuct. 7 years of gaming gone down the drain, feels like you've lost a part of you. I'm actually afraid of plugging my card back into my Wii now. I got 8 years of shit.

"My Wii erased my Gamecube memory card!!!"
Too bad;but you could try removing the memory card and insert it back...it worked for me and an old card...

Few days ago I had the same problem. I took out the memory card, used compressed air on it, put it back into my GameCube and it was fine.

Btw, I'm rocking 2 1019 cards.

That's why I keep 2 cards around with the same data. It REALLY suck's when something like that happen's. It happened to me once around the 3 year mark I think.