By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Wii erased my Gamecube memory card!!!

Well on the (sort of) positive side, it will be fun to try to beat all games again. I just don't want to spend time unlocking weapons, characters, cars, and other crap, so no Meelee for me.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

Around the Network

Do you have another memory card? If you transfer the data, format the first one, and transfer it back, some of the files should start working again (I did this).

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

The 1019 memory card has a problem with becoming corrupted on the wii, they just do for some reason, the problem doesn't occur with the other 2 sizes.

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also note you had it for 7 years. The bigger cards get corrupted sooner than the smaller capacity cards.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I bet you dropped your Wii and it took revenge on you

Sorry to hear man, never happned to me.

Hope you sort it out

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network

Wow thats creepy.. today I random decided to check up on my GameCube memory cards. Then I realized I still had an unused memory card that had came with Animal Crossing. So I copied all my important data onto into just incase I lost it or in your case; corrupting. It's too bad that my Animal Crossing town data couldn't be copy or moved over to the other card (it had enough blocks before I added games). That'd be my most major lost.

masschamber said:
The 1019 memory card has a problem with becoming corrupted on the wii, they just do for some reason, the problem doesn't occur with the other 2 sizes.

I believe this is true. I've had my saves for Pinball HoF and Fire Emblem on the Cube become corrupted when trying to play them on the Wii, with their save files on the official Nintendo 1,000 block card. If you recall, there were reports of that card not being compatible with certain games back in the day(at least for some users). I believe Sonic DX and one of the Backyard Sports games were some of the first reported(don't quote me on the exact games though).

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

masschamber said:

Hmm...I didn't know that. That's a f***-up of Microsoft proportions. Nintendo stuff not working with other Nintendo stuff...Lame. Oh well. I couldn't find any of my other memory cards, so I just have to pray that the new save files I'm making don't get deleted again.

You can create virtual memory cards on the Wii? This whole time I've been popping in my actual GC memory card whenever necessary.

makingmusic476 said:
You can create virtual memory cards on the Wii? This whole time I've been popping in my actual GC memory card whenever necessary.

Wait. You can? How do you do that?