By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Wii erased my Gamecube memory card!!!

Yep, it happened to me 3 days ago. You might of been able to save the data by changing mem. card slots. But, now you cant do anything. NEVER EVER USE A 1019 CARD ON THE WII WITH THE FOLLOWING:  Pikmin 2, Pokemon Collisem. 

Around the Network

Happened to me with one of the official 1019 Nintendo memory cards.

Sucks.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I think the high density memory cards (1000+) have longevity problems. If you can get a 256 block one, which should be more than enough space.

makingmusic476 said:
You can create virtual memory cards on the Wii? This whole time I've been popping in my actual GC memory card whenever necessary.

As far as I know you can't..........

Bad luck topcat. I guess I should expect the same in the future - I've got the 1019 card as well.

Look at the date people..

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Around the Network
Falcon095 said:

Woah, didn't notice that. What the heck was the necro for?

Falcon095 said:

Wow history! Though I wouldn't know that this was old if I didn't see some retired posters there

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

god I didnt know this?! I bet none of you guys have the memory card 56 blocks......... but then I also have a 1019 block card.................

I had that happen to me when playing WindWaker on the GameCube and also with Custom Robo. One was a third party memory card and the other was an official Nintendo card. It's not your Wii its the card!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Falcon095 said:

heh. I wondered why BenKenobi was in this thread. Now it makes sense.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.