By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears Of War 2...GAMEPLAY Reveal -- Thread --1 HOUR to GO!!

TheRealMafoo said:
rocketpig said:
The trailer looks great. I'm eager to play it, despite the testerone-filled nature of Gears of War. The first game was my favorite console shooter of this generation, even over CoD4.

As for those of you who bring up Killzone, who cares? Killzone is from a developer known for producing questionable titles, they've shown "footage" of the game since 2005 and have yet to put a release date on the game, and I question what the game will really look and play like when it releases. In Gears, we have a title with real gameplay footage and a November release date. Just enjoy the trailer and leave the fanboy bullshit out of this thread.

I agree, it's why I would compare it to R2, and not KZ2 ;)

A much more adept comparison because we all know Insomniac is full of magic coding zombies that somehow produce solid, though not spectacular, games every year.  Hopefully they'll take the great idea behind R:FoM and flesh it out properly for Resistance 2. I loved the premise of the first game, it just fell a little flat in execution IMO.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
I see zero graphical improvement.... I see technical improvements but still nothing that have been done before.

Zero graphical improvement but technical improvements? I don't get your point...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I really don't get why the hell fanboys is comparing games details on a screen shot pictures??? the truth is while you playing Gear of war or Resistence or KZ2, or R2 in action. The only thing you'll know is kick ass graphics! not like the human eye can tell this game got more nose hair and that game got more pimple on the face or this dude got arm pit hair!!!!! the point is both system can crank out some nice graphic and you'll hardly notice in difference while the game is in action. Who give a shit about able to see nose hair when you should be enjoying the game.

Gears of War 2 looks better than KillZone 2. I'm still hopeful for Resistance 2 though.

GoW 2 = Resistance 2 >>> KillZone 2.

GoW 2 will sell at least 7.5 million copies.

Pk9394 said:
I really don't get why the hell fanboys is comparing games details on a screen shot pictures??? the truth is while you playing Gear of war or Resistence or KZ2, or R2 in action. The only thing you'll know is kick ass graphics! not like the human eye can tell this game got more nose hair and that game got more pimple on the face or this dude got arm pit hair!!!!! the point is both system can crank out some nice graphic and you'll hardly notice in difference while the game is in action. Who give a shit about able to see nose hair when you should be enjoying the game.

It's because one member started to overexaggerate call gears 2 the best graphics ever,then bashed a ps3 games graphics. 

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Gears of War 2 looks better than KillZone 2. I'm still hopeful for Resistance 2 though.

GoW 2 = Resistance 2 >>> KillZone 2.

GoW 2 will sell at least 7.5 million copies.

I'm pretty sure killzone 2 looks better than resistance 2 if not both.

@slimebeast

that sound ridiculous....and RES 2 will look nowhere near as good as Kz2 or GEOW 2 for that matter

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Looked great to me. I'm still in the middle of watching the first game on yube and from the gt comparison vids there looks to be some improvement in graphics from geow1.

Gears of War 2 will be great.. It will be another AAA game for the 360 library.

nuff said...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

The gameplay looks absolutely amazing. Others have mentioned that KZ2 graphics look better, and I tend to agree, but Gears 2 looks pretty damn good as well. Plus, the melee-type game play looks a whole lot more fun. I will def be picking up an Xbox for the next Gears.