By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears Of War 2...GAMEPLAY Reveal -- Thread --1 HOUR to GO!!

makingmusic476 said:
UltimateFighter said:
makingmusic476 said:
UltimateFighter said:
starcraft that was something else i had tears in my eyes.I have seen the visuals for kz2 and r2 and they didn't even compare.I find it funny when people sat there and said the 360 graphically its its peak and i knew from experience working with game software and hardware that wasn't so.This is a amazing thing and i cant wait to play this game.Its gonna be the hardest wait ever.

Do yourself a favor and download this in 720p:

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_6441_26384_2_en.html

@Starcraft: We haven't really seen much of Resistance 2 to compare it to the others, but I have a feeling both Killzone 2 and Gears 2 will trump it graphically.

Though I'd love to be wrong. :D

Just watched it and it looks like a golrified cod4.No comparison gow2 looks way better.If you think othewise your nuts.If you look at the sideof the bridge the dude runs up on the textures are cheddar on that bridge and the lighting isnt as sharp on the walls etc as in gow2.It might be the colors there using in gear that give it that better effect etc.Also the gun in kz2 looks like shit the cod4 guns look more realistic.Kz2 does look good for a ps3 game tho as in better than anything currently on it.But it didnt impress me like that gow2 video just did.

Well, if that video didn't change your mind then there's no point in continuing this further. :P

Edit: Though looking back, I'm wondering how you downloaded that in less than 6 minutes. 0_o

Edit again: And the video's 5 and a half minutes long, which implies that you downloaded it in less than 30 seconds. o_0

i got a 50mb connection.

it took me 3 minutes to download. 

Around the Network

Ok this game looks amazing...

lol at some people bringing up KZ2 & R2....we know they look great why you bringin them up here? acting like your insecure or something... 

bbsin said:
UltimateFighter said:
makingmusic476 said:
UltimateFighter said:
starcraft that was something else i had tears in my eyes.I have seen the visuals for kz2 and r2 and they didn't even compare.I find it funny when people sat there and said the 360 graphically its its peak and i knew from experience working with game software and hardware that wasn't so.This is a amazing thing and i cant wait to play this game.Its gonna be the hardest wait ever.

@Starcraft: We haven't really seen much of Resistance 2 to compare it to the others, but I have a feeling both Killzone 2 and Gears 2 will trump it graphically.

Just watched it and it looks like a golrified cod4.No comparison gow2 looks way better.If you think othewise your nuts.If you look at the sideof the bridge the dude runs up on the textures are cheddar on that bridge and the lighting isnt as sharp on the walls etc as in gow2.It might be the colors there using in gear that give it that better effect etc.Also the gun in kz2 looks like shit the cod4 guns look more realistic.Kz2 does look good for a ps3 game tho as in better than anything currently on it.But it didnt impress me like that gow2 video just did.

Yeah...KZ2's gun models looks like shit alright...

Here's the gun model captured at the real resolution the image was.

@makingmusic476: don't bother.

Are you kidding me?

Look at the wall to the right in the warehouse it looks like shit bad textures look at how blurred the charecter is against the wall.The gun lookslike a piece of plastic.The only thing that looks realistic on that gun is the on button on the scope.The only thing that game has going in those photos is the light coming in and thats it.I have seen light effects like that in fight night round 3 tho. 

the gun looks like shit in the top photo as well.

COD4 BIG TIME CHEESE STOP LYING TO YOURSELFS. 

The_God_of_War said:
Looked friggin' brilliant! It'll blow the first game out of the water.

But I have to say, after watching footage for both games- Killzone 2 definately beats it in graphics.

I would expect to hear that from the likes of you.

Look at those photos of kz2 below.

some people are stupid. 

@ultimateFighter

either way FF13 beats both in grfx..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Wow, why are we bringing up COD4 and Killzone 2 here? Heck, Killzone 2 vs COD4 seems very off topic for this thread.

Anyway, Gears of War 2 looks impressive, but I kind of wish that they didn't show an 'on a rail' part of the game. I mean, it makes the battle look very large, but you'd probably only see groups of Locust that large in certain areas of the game (like in Heavenly Sword where you get to shoot at the opposing army with a cannon while they run around like flies).

epinefridis said:
@ bbsin
Its insane to claim that KZ2 looks like shit. And retard may I add.
But it's not really clever to compare two pictures from different games, one showing a great lighting effect and the other showing a screen of a dark corridor without lighting!
I guess you're showin this to people that have never played an FPS or COD4 (i don't know many of them) and KZ2 will be their first.
And yes, the gun model in the gp video looks awesome. And then the character, goes all the way up TO PULL A BLOODY SWITCH. And the zoom mechanism is the BLOODY SAME with the CoD's one. You see, gun model, dont count so much after all.

Then "ultimatefighter" shouldn't have compared two gun models from two different games and called one of them better and the other one "shit". Those pictures were just solid proof that KZ2's guns do not look like "shit" as the fanboy claimed, and if anything they are more detailed than COD4's models. It also wasn't my intention to post those pictures so COD4 could be pitted against KZ2 graphically (it wouldn't be fair for COD4 since KZ2 will of had more than a year's worth of production), I really just showed those shots to prove that the kid is a biased idoit, and I accomplished my goal (though it wasn't hard).

jpain333 said:

Ok this game looks amazing...

lol at some people bringing up KZ2 & R2....we know they look great why you bringin them up here? acting like your insecure or something...

If you look back near the 1st and 2nd page of the thread you'll notice who really brought up KZ2 and R2 in the first place, and i agree. It does make them look insecure.

UltimateFighter said:
bbsin said:
UltimateFighter said:
makingmusic476 said:
UltimateFighter said:

Yeah...KZ2's gun models looks like shit alright...

Here's the gun model captured at the real resolution the image was.

@makingmusic476: don't bother.

Are you kidding me?

Look at the wall to the right in the warehouse it looks like shit bad textures look at how blurred the charecter is against the wall.The gun lookslike a piece of plastic.The only thing that looks realistic on that gun is the on button on the scope.The only thing that game has going in those photos is the light coming in and thats it.I have seen light effects like that in fight night round 3 tho.

the gun looks like shit in the top photo as well.

Oh god. You get stupider and stupider as you post, but hey that's a common trait of fanboys, so it's expected. First off, you clearly don't know jack about how textures and graphics work (there goes that "I have game software and game hardware experience!!1!" comment you made. So keep your foot in your mouth while i explain some basic things to you. The walls of that warehouse are supposed to be flat and stained, i know it's hard for you to comprehend the existence of flat walls but bear with me. If they wanted the wall to be rigid then they would have simply used bump mapping techiques to make structures look like this, not hard.

I'm not even going to bother with the "that gun looks like plastic" comment since you apparently have selective memory and overlooked the fact that GeOW models looks much more like plastic action figures.

On to the blurry model comment. You've clearly never really seen the video and you're not bright enough to figure this out, but all these shots were taken offscreen to begin with. Secondly the picture's original resolution was 1000x532 and I squeezed it into 500x400 to save space. And third, one of KZ2's best features are it's post processing and motion blur. Hopefully brain will figure out what all that means but I'm doubtful so I'll leave it at that.

BTW lol @ the FN3 comment also, you've already proven to everyone that you're incapable of comparing visuals, your KZ2 vs FN3 lighting accusations just solidifies it more.

What's really sad is that even starcraft (your hero and defender of MS) wouldn't even say the things you have, you are truly at the bottom of the fanboy chain when it comes to ignorance and BS.

yeah, comparing gears 2 graphics to NOTHING is a lot more fun.

IllegalPaladin: you say don't bring up Killzone 2 and CoD4, but then you mention Heavenly Sword. Both are examples of comparing games.

windbane said:
yeah, comparing gears 2 graphics to NOTHING is a lot more fun.

IllegalPaladin: you say don't bring up Killzone 2 and CoD4, but then you mention Heavenly Sword. Both are examples of comparing games.

Because this is a thread about Gears of War 2 and then there are posts talking about the grahpics between Call of Duty 4 and Killzone 2.

In fact, what I said was "Killzone 2 vs COD4 seems very off topic for this thread". While the use of 'very' is a little extreme on my part, I still think it was going off the topic of Gears of War 2 a little bit.

You'll have to tell me where I said "Don't bring up Killzone 2 or Call of Duty 4", because I'm not seeing it in my post. I was merely commenting on how it went from how Gears of War 2 compares to Killzone 2, Resistance 2, or Call of Duty 4 to talking about how Killzone 2 and Call of Duty 4 compare with each other.

i don't see any deferrece with the first one perhaps its really an amazing game