By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears Of War 2...GAMEPLAY Reveal -- Thread --1 HOUR to GO!!

Dallinor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Dallinor

its on a "Rail" isn't it

so the world actually ISN'T that big...

I understand that the world might not actually be very big. Developers use tricks to create the illusion that the world's of their games are bigger etc.

In this case though, it wasn't just the world that seemed to shrink, but the characters and models along with it.

I'm talking about Marcus Fenix shrinking from your average sized steroid pumped male, into a plastic lego man.

Watch the trailer again and you might see what I'm talking about.

Or maybe...I'm just crazy....

I watched the HD version a few times and didn't get such a feeling, although I understand what you mean.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
The trailer looks great. I'm eager to play it, despite the testerone-filled nature of Gears of War. The first game was my favorite console shooter of this generation, even over CoD4.

As for those of you who bring up Killzone, who cares? Killzone is from a developer known for producing questionable titles, they've shown "footage" of the game since 2005 and have yet to put a release date on the game, and I question what the game will really look and play like when it releases. In Gears, we have a title with real gameplay footage and a November release date. Just enjoy the trailer and leave the fanboy bullshit out of this thread.

i agree, this the first game beside bioshock, that really makes me want a 360. The gameplay seems amazing.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
marcusz said:
sc94597 said:
marcusz said:
Amazing just amazing, the 360 has incredible power especially as it's only in it's second generation and competing against a machine in it's Third.

When they release Gears of War 2 on the PS3,add dual shock immersion(which MS own a 20% share of so they will be happy when Sony add it to their pads) allow you to play your own music whilst in a game(MS own that copyright to) and drop the price by £100 I might get One.. As in NEVER...

Um what? The 360s in it's 3rd and the ps3 is in it's second. Oh and btw this is probably the best the 360 could do If it ends up only 30fps.

Since when has Microsfot released 3 generations of console ? LOL, you have had the PS1 the PS2 and now the PS3 and with Xbox you have had Xbox 1 and now Xbox 2 (360) The PS3 is in it's third generation the 360 is on number Two.

Oh and bye the way are you crying ?

GEARS OF WAR 2 Just amazing, MGS4 LOL old and tired PS1 remake..

First of all when you talk about consoles in terms of generations you talk about how many years they have been out. I don't see how his post related to sony's prevous consoles.

I could care less on which looks better seeing as I have all three consoles and a gaming pc that could play crysis. My favorite out of all of them is my wii btw. So don't accuse me of a sony fanboy and that I'm crying. I also don't see what the MGS4 statement had to do with my previous post.  

NJ5 said:
Dallinor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Dallinor

its on a "Rail" isn't it

I understand that the world might not actually be very big. Developers use tricks to create the illusion that the world's of their games are bigger etc.

In this case though, it wasn't just the world that seemed to shrink, but the characters and models along with it.

I'm talking about Marcus Fenix shrinking from your average sized steroid pumped male, into a plastic lego man.

I watched the HD version a few times and didn't get such a feeling, although I understand what you mean.

That was only ONE level, in which you were defending the derricks from attack so obviously you are limited to the Derrick. 

Epic will show new gameplay in the coming months of different kinds of levels. 

rocketpig said:
As for those of you who bring up Killzone, who cares? Killzone is from a developer known for producing questionable titles, they've shown "footage" of the game since 2005 and have yet to put a release date on the game, and I question what the game will really look and play like when it releases. In Gears, we have a title with real gameplay footage and a November release date. Just enjoy the trailer and leave the fanboy bullshit out of this thread.

Guerilla only showed one fake GC target render, the rest were all real gameplay that were played by journalist and the release date is Feb 2009 in Europe.

OnT: i also liked GeOW more than COD4, the co-op made Gears great and no game looked nearly as good as GeOW for quite awhile since it's release.

Dallinor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Dallinor

its on a "Rail" isn't it

I don't really have a problem with the whole illusion thing. FF7 did the same and the game visuals were great for it's time, otherwise the backgrounds would have looked akward. Tekken Tag Tournament did the same aswell and the franchise has been falling ever since they took it out the backdrops and added those stupid full 3d walls.

Around the Network
bbsin said:
rocketpig said:

Guerilla only showed one fake GC target render, the rest were all real gameplay that were played by journalist and the release date is Feb 2009 in Europe.

OnT: i also liked GeOW more than COD4, the co-op made Gears great and no game looked nearly as good as GeOW for quite awhile since it's release.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to believe anything about Killzone until I have the disc in my grubby little hands and get a chance to play the game myself. I trust Guerrilla about as much as I trust my last girlfriend.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

CliffyB said before that there would be some direct confrontations with those numbers of Locust.

OT: MEAT SHIELDS FTMFW! I TOTALLY CALLED IT!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I see zero graphical improvement.... I see technical improvements but still nothing that have been done before.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

rocketpig said:
bbsin said:
rocketpig said:

I'm sorry but I'm not going to believe anything about Killzone until I have the disc in my grubby little hands and get a chance to play the game myself. I trust Guerrilla about as much as I trust my last girlfriend.

Yeah I agree Rocket Pig. I mean how long have they been working KZ2 now? It ridiculous that their will have been 2 Gears titles out before KZ2 hits. I mean Epic isn't exactly a large developer. Until the game is released and on store shelves, Killzone 2 is just vapor ware to me.

rocketpig said:
The trailer looks great. I'm eager to play it, despite the testerone-filled nature of Gears of War. The first game was my favorite console shooter of this generation, even over CoD4.

I agree, it's why I would compare it to R2, and not KZ2 ;)