By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears Of War 2...GAMEPLAY Reveal -- Thread --1 HOUR to GO!!

Looked friggin' brilliant! It'll blow the first game out of the water.

But I have to say, after watching footage for both games- Killzone 2 definately beats it in graphics.

Around the Network

For whatever reason, it keeps freezing after a couple of seconds of playing, so I'm trying to download it instead. Within the short bursts of footage that I've seen on it, it looks like what I thought it would be. I really hope they do more with having more guys on screen than having them run by while you're on a rail in that vehicle (something I figured was going to happen anyway).

How does Gears of War 2 compare to Resistance 2 in regards to graphics and game play?

Looks very nice......

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Rock_on_2008 said:
How does Gears of War 2 compare to Resistance 2 in regards to graphics and game play?

I don't think graphics can be a little hard to compare right now until later when both games are on builds that are closer to being complete. 

For gameplay, I'd imagine it's going to be pretty much the same comparison as the first Gears of War and Resistance. 

Around the Network

Looks very interesting, can't wait to play it.

marcusz said:
sc94597 said:
marcusz said:
Amazing just amazing, the 360 has incredible power especially as it's only in it's second generation and competing against a machine in it's Third.

When they release Gears of War 2 on the PS3,add dual shock immersion(which MS own a 20% share of so they will be happy when Sony add it to their pads) allow you to play your own music whilst in a game(MS own that copyright to) and drop the price by £100 I might get One.. As in NEVER...

Um what? The 360s in it's 3rd and the ps3 is in it's second. Oh and btw this is probably the best the 360 could do If it ends up only 30fps.

Since when has Microsfot released 3 generations of console ? LOL, you have had the PS1 the PS2 and now the PS3 and with Xbox you have had Xbox 1 and now Xbox 2 (360) The PS3 is in it's third generation the 360 is on number Two.

Oh and bye the way are you crying ? 

GEARS OF WAR 2  Just amazing, MGS4 LOL old and tired PS1 remake..

You gotta love fanboys.

Gameplay looks fun, hope the story/dialogue are better this time though. I like the fact that you can use a body for cover now, it's been done before, but it makes sense for a game designed around cover.

IllegalPaladin said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

I don't think graphics can be a little hard to compare right now until later when both games are on builds that are closer to being complete. 

For gameplay, I'd imagine it's going to be pretty much the same comparison as the first Gears of War and Resistance. 

THis is just a guess, but I think Gears2 will have better gameplay, but R2 will look better. I was unimpressed with the visuals of the trailer. It looked fun as hell though.

OMG ... now thats a game . Wow , impressive as hell , even from that brief gameplay footage :o

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!