By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MS:we have "5 million" lead over PS3 globally

SpartanFX said:
superchunk said:
He states its 5 million based on each companies latest figures, i.e. their quarterly reports. That would be shipped figures, not sold.
read the complete paragraph,,It says twice it's sell through(to customers),,,sony hasn't released the quarterly figures yet so they have no knowledge of that

Twice... in refrence to two very specific data sets. The over double in the US and the 1 million lead in europe.

Seriously, reading comprehension.

English is your first language right?

Around the Network
Magnific0 said:
This is the day when the whole community of 400 videogame enthusiasts discovered the traumatizing thruth about the console wars......

....out of the mouth of the very same Microsoft, no more no less.

*gasp*

the horror!!!!

...and thus the world gained a little group of better-informed people.

5 million to go!

exactly ,,,get with the facts,,,they have a lot more resource than all of us put together to find the precise number,,,they did and it's 5 million lead globally not 6.4

Gnizmo said:
FilaBrasileiro said:

All those 3 games are undertracked, Euro's numbers haven't moved in months.

Do you figure they are several million undertracked compared to those other games? Because thats the difference we are talking about here. It is extremely unlikely that God of War is selling anywhere near significant numbers. I doubt Tekken 5 is far off given the sharp decline of the series, and the fact that the numbers seem inline with Tekken Tag. God of War 2 might be slightly over 2 million rather than slightly under. GT4 sold close to 10 million. That is 3 times the best selling of those games, even if we up the sales a bit. They are not even close to the same league.

I don't know what to expect, if I had to guess, I'd say the Euro numbers for Tekken 5 is .7 mil or so and the game LTD should be a tad under 2 mil or just at 2 mil.

God of War should be at least 1.3 - 1.5 mil or so and the game should be around 4 mil LTD.

For God of War 2, the Euro's number should be around 900k - 1mil at least and the game LTD should be over 2 mil, around 2.3 mil or so. And remember that God of war is a series with proven legs. The original God of War didn't even sell 1 million in America until after it went Platinum and look at its number now.

Also you mention GT4, Sony has released shipped numbers for the game and it's at 9.9 mil, and we have it at 8.9 mil at vgchartz. I seriously doubt that there are 1 million copies of the game out there on shelves, so that game is undertracked as well.

Obviously GT is bigger than those other 2 franchises, but they are all big, Tekken maybe not so much anymore, but they are all pretty big franchises. 

FinalEvangelion said:
Well, it could be shipment figures. They probably know beforehand from when it is released. We'll see in a week when Sony releases the data. If it's 14 mil., then we'll know.

I've been saying I'm waiting for numbers from Sony themselves. However I think there is something wrong and suspicious here....

Things just don't add up and I think we can all agree. Even if we went by shipment... because sony hasnt released that yet.

Kasz216 said:
SpartanFX said:
superchunk said:
He states its 5 million based on each companies latest figures, i.e. their quarterly reports. That would be shipped figures, not sold.
read the complete paragraph,,It says twice it's sell through(to customers),,,sony hasn't released the quarterly figures yet so they have no knowledge of that

Twice... in refrence to two very specific data sets. The over double in the US and the 1 million lead in europe.

you can insult all you want ..but that wasn't   me who said 5 million lead globally,,,again they do not have access to sony's shipment,,,,

also if the NPD and GFK,etc...(sold to custoemrs ,,which accoridng to article  they had access to),was 6.4 million lead ,they would say we are in lead globally around 7 million instead of lower 5 million,,,,don't be dillousional,,it's the comapny's PR

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
Kasz216 said:
SpartanFX said:
superchunk said:

you can insult all you want ..but that wasn't me who said 5 million lead globally,,,again they do not have access to sony's shipment,,,,

also if the NPD and GFK,etc...(sold to custoemrs ,,which accoridng to article they had access to),was 6.4 million lead ,they would say we are in lead globally around 7 million instead of lower 5 million,,,,don't be dillousional,,it's the comapny's PR

I was actually asking an honest question. You write as if it was your second language or if you were rather young. Either of which may explain why you don't have the reading comprehension to understand the paragraph.

I mean you are taking qualifiers in the second and third statements to explain something in the first segement.

It's the same kind of misreading that leads people to think Mary Magdalene was a prostitute. 

FilaBrasileiro said:

I don't know what to expect, if I had to guess, I'd say the Euro numbers for Tekken 5 is .7 mil or so and the game LTD should be a tad under 2 mil or just at 2 mil.

God of War should be at least 1.3 - 1.5 mil or so and the game should be around 4 mil LTD.

For God of War 2, the Euro's number should be around 900k - 1mil at least and the game LTD should be over 2 mil, around 2.3 mil or so. And remember that God of war is a series with proven legs. The original God of War didn't even sell 1 million in America until after it went Platinum and look at its number now.

Also you mention GT4, Sony has released shipped numbers for the game and it's at 9.9 mil, and we have it at 8.9 mil at vgchartz. I seriously doubt that there are 1 million copies of the game out there on shelves, so that game is undertracked as well.

Obviously GT is bigger than those other 2 franchises, but they are all big, Tekken maybe not so much anymore, but they are all pretty big franchises. 

Read my first post over again and then try and think about what you said in the last sentence. GT and FF are way way bigger than Tekken, and God of War combined. They are in no way comparable in selling power. Not even close. My original objection was in lumping them together because it dishonestly inflates the importance of the Tekken and God of War franchise. Those two can't even stand against Gears of War 2, let alone anything from the Halo franchise. They are big franchises, but completely out of their league in a discussion about serious system sellers like Gran Turismo.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
FilaBrasileiro said:

Read my first post over again and then try and think about what you said in the last sentence. GT and FF are way way bigger than Tekken, and God of War combined. They are in no way comparable in selling power. Not even close. My original objection was in lumping them together because it dishonestly inflates the importance of the Tekken and God of War franchise. Those two can't even stand against Gears of War 2, let alone anything from the Halo franchise. They are big franchises, but completely out of their league in a discussion about serious system sellers like Gran Turismo.

I wasn't disputing that God of War or Tekken are smaller franchises. I was just saying the are undertracked. God of War is the biggest (in term of sales) hack and slash franchise and Tekken is the 2nd biggest fighting game franchise.

GT5, FFXIII and Halo3 are system sellers. Gears of War was probably a system seller, I doubt GoW2 will be one as well. Very few franchises are system sellers.

Kasz216 said:
SpartanFX said:
Kasz216 said:
SpartanFX said:
superchunk said:

you can insult all you want ..but that wasn't me who said 5 million lead globally,,,again they do not have access to sony's shipment,,,,

also if the NPD and GFK,etc...(sold to custoemrs ,,which accoridng to article they had access to),was 6.4 million lead ,they would say we are in lead globally around 7 million instead of lower 5 million,,,,don't be dillousional,,it's the comapny's PR

I was actually asking an honest question. You write as if it was your second language or if you were rather young. Either of which may explain why you don't have the reading comprehension to understand the paragraph.

I mean you are taking qualifiers in the second and third statements to explain something in the first segement.

It's the same kind of misreading that leads people to think Mary Magdalene was a prostitute. 

anyways ,that doesn't change the fact that I bolded,,,

mmm,,I am  a PR for MS ,,should I say about 7 million lead or 5 million lead globally,,,mmm

see what I mean,,,they have access to all sold to customer resources,,,if it was anything more than 5 million they would announce that.

Also you do realzie this would also mean that 360 is undertracked in Europe. Since the 360 is at a 1 million lead in all of others.

So for your 5 million to be true it'd have to be..

Europe: 1 Million

US: 2X<3X

Japan: 1.49 Million PS3 Advantage.

Others: ???

Lets eliminate others since we don't know what that is and it at most accounts for like 50,000 consoles.

So (in Millions) 1+X- 1.49 = 5

so X - .49 = 5

Therefore US sales of 360 over PS3 would have to equal = 4.51 Million advantage.

So. 4.51 would be the advantage in America.

Now then. Looking back to it... this advantage + what microsoft has has to be over 2 times of what sony has. and under 3 times.

So 4.51 would mean that PS3 couldn't have sold over 4.51 consoles in america.... since this... plus 360

Now then. 360's has over double PS3's numbers in the US. Which means X, the 4.51 would be > then the total number of PS3's sold in the US.