By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MS:we have "5 million" lead over PS3 globally

this comes from MS(Aaron greenberg) and it's upto today(the news is for today)

MS says the data is sell-through(to customers) and it comes from :NPD,chart track ,gfk,....

so why do we have 6.4 million here?remmember MS is saying 5 million more sold to the customers(casue GFK,NPD,... all record sold to customers)

http://www.destructoid.com/exclusive-destructoid-interview-microsoft-s-aaron-greenberg-on-gta-iv-85192.phtml#comments

"Today Xbox 360 has a 5-million-unit console sales lead on a global basis based on most recently public reported data from both companies. This includes more than double the installed base in the US according to actual NPD sell-through and over a 1-million-unit lead across Europe also based on reported sell-through from Chart Track and GfK."

Around the Network

360 started with a 5 million lead when the PS3 arrived. 5 million sold in first year is appalling.

I think 360 is over tracked here ,,,even in the quarter 3 shipments

MS shipped 1,300,000 units

we have it here at VGC at 1,800,000 units sold to customers,,,,

Which doesn't make sense,,,

I hope we get an answer from ioi in this regrads casue there is 1.4 million difference between what MS says and what we have here at VGC

Yes, this is odd......

Yea i wish ioi would do a Xbox 360 - shipments vs. VGchartz figures post -- like what was done with Wii ...

and i think its hard to tell wether 360 is over tracked or PS3 undertracked -- but atleast one console is incorrect ...

Around the Network

Does anyone else play the game where they look at the poster of a thread and then try to guess its contents? You can pretty much know exactly what is going to be said based solely on who is posting it, and maybe half the thread titles.

@Rock_On

The 360 sold way more than 5 million in one year. I don't know why you say it did other than to troll any 360 fans who might post in this thread. Please do the bare minimum amount of research before posting completely offtopic facts.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

wow, i need a shower after reading this crap.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

strange

Gnizmo said:
Does anyone else play the game where they look at the poster of a thread and then try to guess its contents? You can pretty much know exactly what is going to be said based solely on who is posting it, and maybe half the thread titles.

@Rock_On

The 360 sold way more than 5 million in one year. I don't know why you say it did other than to troll any 360 fans who might post in this thread. Please do the bare minimum amount of research before posting completely offtopic facts.

thanks for your precious input to the thread

I didn't make up this post,,,it is what MS announced today,,,I know you might preffer the current data with error in them,,,but i am trying to help the site become more accurate

5 million is a nice round number to use. there data probably has them at less than 6 million ahead of PS3, so vgcharts is only a couple hundred thousand off at the most. they aren't going to say 5.82342 million.